Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooth hurts when I apply small pressure, pain goes away when I increase the pressure

Options
  • 15-06-2021 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Only one tooth hurts. The pain is provoked only by small pressure/touch, also when I'm eating. But the pain disappears when I increase the pressure and for 30 seconds I feels no pain. The harder the pressure the less pain I feel. Cold or warm stimuli don't provoke any pain.

All started 1 moths ago, gradually the I could feel more pain and the peek lasted 2-3 days, after that no pain. This cycle repeated itself 3 times. This third time I see that the pain continues to last event after 5 days.

Today I went to the dentist,first he did a visual inspection and didn't find something wrong, then he decided to do a X-Ray and again, nothing wrong. Told me to change the tooth paste to Sensodyne rapid relief and different tooth brush.

I had multiple tooth interventions in the past (not at that tooth) and this is nothing like what I have experienced before. I's a strange situation where I feel a strange pain (only on small and medium pressure) and the tooth seems to be OK,

Is this something to do with tooth sensibility?? Or do you think its something else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

riegel41 wrote: »
    Only one tooth hurts. The pain is provoked only by small pressure/touch, also when I'm eating. But the pain disappears when I increase the pressure and for 30 seconds I feels no pain. The harder the pressure the less pain I feel. Cold or warm stimuli don't provoke any pain.

All started 1 moths ago, gradually the I could feel more pain and the peek lasted 2-3 days, after that no pain. This cycle repeated itself 3 times. This third time I see that the pain continues to last event after 5 days.

Today I went to the dentist,first he did a visual inspection and didn't find something wrong, then he decided to do a X-Ray and again, nothing wrong. Told me to change the tooth paste to Sensodyne rapid relief and different tooth brush.

I had multiple tooth interventions in the past (not at that tooth) and this is nothing like what I have experienced before. I's a strange situation where I feel a strange pain (only on small and medium pressure) and the tooth seems to be OK,

Is this something to do with tooth sensibility?? Or do you think its something else ?

Most likely infection/inflammation. Go to Dentist asap, in the meantime put garlic clove on the tooth, crush and hold.

Advertisement