Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Fathers Day be banned?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ugh....

She seems sane.

Fathers Day is going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

The sooner we colonise the moon the better so we can get away from morons like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

I love how you say this stuff is doing the rounds as if you aren’t the one actively spreading it here.

My advice is for people to relax, enjoy their day and don’t feed the trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I say up it to fathers weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Loons spoiled for choice with public platforms nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Looked at her page posts are from 2014 &2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

One of my greatest joys is bring the aul fella out for a pint and bit of grub on the day.

• Feck off with this ****e. (Not aimed at you OP, just the cancel crowd as a whole. Shower of nitwits)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Well, if some Canadian (with a whopping 811 followers) said it seven years ago on Twitter, then I'd say its days are numbered.

The absolute shit some people on here get outraged about.

I doubt anyone here is outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

That has to be a parody.

She describes herself as a fat jewish lesbian in one of her tweets.

I think it’s unfair to take any of that into account when it’s pretty clear she’s just a self-loathing white woman with daddy issues.

Father’s day? Yeah, #notyourresource is quite appropriate, man-hater.

Long live fathers and, when they’ve passed, the memories we have of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jackoflynn

There is always a certain flavour to your posts, I notice.

Well, if some Canadian (with a whopping 811 followers) said it seven years ago on Twitter, then I'd say its days are numbered.

The absolute shit some people on here get outraged about.

Amused. Not outraged. It’s entertaining, not a source of rage or anger. Don’t take yourself or others too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Obviously, no. I’d say you can find a crank online for any occasion, thinking that day should be banned. And who cares what Loose Women thinks?

Rothko wrote: »
    That has to be a parody.

I thought that at first. But apparently it evolved into a thing.

But I am starting to question it again now.

py2006 wrote: »
    I thought that at first. But apparently it evolved into a thing.

But I am starting to question it again now.

I think she’s the ‘real deal’. She’s a good example of why the world needs more Jordan B. Petersen’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jackoflynn

I'm sure you will give it a lot of thought.

• Advertisement

JayZeus wrote: »
    Amused. Not outraged. It’s entertaining, not a source of rage or anger. Don’t take yourself or others too seriously.

I don't believe for one second that people who go searching for this sort of thing are anything other than outraged. Apparently it was a topic on Loose Women too, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I don't believe for one second that people who go searching for this sort of thing are anything other than outraged. Apparently it was a topic on Loose Women too, you know.

182-1827781_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

The sooner we colonise the moon the better so we can get away from morons like this.

Thats Al Bundy's line.

When asked why men are so obsessed with science fiction and starships he replied. "Its our only fkn way out of here".

Ok I may have inserted the 'fkn' thing here myself. But he would have said that if he was allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I was going to say yes, I don’t like this sudden use of it as another opportunity to shift product but then I saw the OP :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Does she explain how the single mothers got pregnant without the father?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,837 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Fcuk off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

22, 20 and 9 likes.. wow..

22, 20 and 9 likes.. wow..

Look at the number of replies though. That's quite the ratio. Some very angry people out there (and, let's make no bones about this, also on here), desperate to find stuff to make themselves even more angry about.

What you believe is pretty irrelevant really. It's pretty funny to see how folks like to overreact to a reaction. It's as though by pointing out how someone is supposedly angry or enraged will somehow distract folks from the absolutely twitter-tripe the OP shared.

No point in trying to pick me apart on this anyway. I'm not the dope who suggested fathers day promotes rape culture (FFS) and should be banned/cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Who cares what some randomer thinks on twitter!

On a similar note you see a lot of news articles pulling garbage off twitter to make a story these days. Like say you see an article come up in your Google feed "fan backlash over xyz show last night" so you click into it to see what the hullabaloo is only to find its something trival, and the article quotes SuzieQ86 @ twitter "i was shocked and outraged"

.... I don't care what suzieQ thinks :pac: just cause one randomer on twitter says something does not make it a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This person an example of when some extremist feminists doesn't want equality, they want the end of men being men.
    Thankfully not many people seem to agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Muppets

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Any word on how she feels about Mother's Day? Surely that's offensive to single fathers and same sex couples? Or, you know, maybe just leave them both as they are, they're hardly the worst things that society has to deal with these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Zaph wrote: »
    Any word on how she feels about Mother's Day? Surely that's offensive to single fathers and same sex couples? Or, you know, maybe just leave them both as they are, they're hardly the worst things that society has to deal with these days.

Hey you now, with your common sense. Cant be having that around here!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

It should be banned in certain estates, in case it causes confusion

• Advertisement

I doubt she's genuine but those in agreement probably are, god help them.

Lurleen wrote: »
    I doubt she's genuine but those in agreement probably are, god help them.

Those in agreement are negligibly few in number. 99% of the responses to her tweet are in disagreement. That a seven-year-old tweet from some Canadian with a few hundred followers should get so much attention is indicative of the effort people have to expend in order to seek stuff like this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Father's Day is day for selling crap and all sorts of ****e to eejits, sorry, I meant it's a day for celebrating daddy's all over the world.

How that promotes rape culture and racism I'll never know, is it that her own father is a rapist and a racist?

Those in agreement are negligibly few in number. 99% of the responses to her tweet are in disagreement. That a seven-year-old tweet from some Canadian with a few hundred followers should get so much attention is indicative of the effort people have to expend in order to seek stuff like this out.

From what I can gather her original tweets are retweeted yearly.

It even came up on Tiktok today, not that I look at it... :eek::o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Or send them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

This thread needs more Eye of Newt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How does one go about ‘banning’ people marking or celebrating something of their choosing ? Is this dose-bag aware that in a democracy people are of the ability to choose to mark, enjoy and celebrate Father’s Day, as they are to dislike it and want to ignore it ?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I got breakfast and a card...both of which I worked and paid for😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

My two kids wished me a Happy Father's day today. My First thought was: they both want something from me.

What's wrong with just celebrating your dad on his birthday and chucking the commercial imperative of boosting the Hallmarks of this world?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,150 ✭✭✭✭beertons

She has daddy issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

py2006 wrote: »
    Should Fathers Day be banned?

NO.

Once a year the missus brings me breakfast in bed and I'll be damned if I'm going to give that up, Hubby also gets other "treats" from herself, so no I would not agree to abolishing Fathers day, a little bit of pleasure is something all fathers deserve, and anyway it balances out Mothers day, so we're all happy! A family day, a day to enjoy playing with the kids too, its just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I have a sneaking suspicion that she is not an actual father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think people who hold such controversial opinions just want attention for shock value ...as are the people who continuously point them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭rightmove

If it should be banned can we take down

international womens day
    womens xmas
    mothers day
    valentines day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

rightmove wrote: »
    If it should be banned can we take down

international womens day
    womens xmas
    mothers day
    valentines day

Add...

Unwed, clinically depressed, surrogate mothers day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement