Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue internal HEO 2018

• 21-11-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

No thread set up for this already, so I hope this is ok.

Revenue Internal Heo Competition was announced a few weeks back. Results of the psychometric test came out yesterday evening.

Apparently top 50 in dublin are being called to a second stage Supervised Verification Exam.

Does anyone know of the full process? Is it two interviews again this year, with a presentation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

dusty bin wrote: »
    No thread set up for this already, so I hope this is ok.

Revenue Internal Heo Competition was announced a few weeks back. Results of the psychometric test came out yesterday evening.

Apparently top 50 in dublin are being called to a second stage Supervised Verification Exam.

Does anyone know of the full process? Is it two interviews again this year, with a presentation?

Going by the job spec I think after the second round of tests you do the application form which has to be signed off by your manager and then the application forms are reviewed and whoever is successful gets called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Hopefully we'll get a date for next weeks supervised tests today....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

From the results email and the circular it looks as though it's the supervised test and one competency based interview only. Doesn't mention presentations. Top 50 oom that chose Dublin to sit supervised tests from Nov 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Has anyone sat one of the supervised tests yet? Is it in the same format as the previous cut-e type test?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 polygon window

results out next week of the supervised testing and interviews in January for the first batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Has anyone sat one of the supervised tests yet? Is it in the same format as the previous cut-e type test?

As far as I am aware - its defintely the same format - time, number of questions etc

results out next week of the supervised testing and interviews in January for the first batch

How many were called to the supervised tests for Dublin approx?
    Thanks

How many were called to the supervised tests for Dublin approx?
    Thanks

email stated 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Got a nice email there a while ago with the form to complete for interview

Aisinikins wrote: »

Well done. got one myself. Delighted there doesnt seem to be a presentation. I think the last lot of HEO'S that got in through these presentation based interviews havent exactly set the world on fire. It looks like an old school application form, probably seeking old school type workers/civil servants.

although in saying that, when i had my supervised test, at least 80% of those who sat it with me were my gender and in my age group (35-45)

• Advertisement

Well done. got one myself. Delighted there doesnt seem to be a presentation. I think the last lot of HEO'S that got in through these presentation based interviews havent exactly set the world on fire. It looks like an old school application form, probably seeking old school type workers/civil servants.

although in saying that, when i had my supervised test, at least 80% of those who sat it with me were my gender and in my age group (35-45)

well done - best of luck

Aisinikins wrote: »

well done - bets of luck

How are people getting on with the application form? It must be the hardest part

does anyone know when the interviews are actually starting and if its only the top 50 being interviewed (or less depending on how they did in second test)?

dusty bin wrote:
    does anyone know when the interviews are actually starting and if its only the top 50 being interviewed (or less depending on how they did in second test)?

Think the interviews started this week. Unsure of the amount being called (post second test).

sinorita wrote: »
    Think the interviews started this week. Unsure of the amount being called (post second test).

so they've already started? best of luck to everyone involved.

dusty bin wrote:
    so they've already started? best of luck to everyone involved.

Yep.. very quick turnaround

Anyone know or ask when the results are due out? if there was 50 (max) called with an average of 5 per day, (my guesstimate), am i right in thinking it should be a fairly quick turnaround?

dusty bin wrote:
    Anyone know or ask when the results are due out? if there was 50 (max) called with an average of 5 per day, (my guesstimate), am i right in thinking it should be a fairly quick turnaround?

Based on how quick this competition has progressed I've a feeling the results could be out next week

Does anyone know when results will be issued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Ciao Belle

Heard they came out today..

I'm not in wok over next few days, but i've heard that the results were out this morning according to a colleague in another district. Someone there received a 'not this time' response, although i dont think the actual scoring was released.

Hypothetically, what would happen if someone failed by a point (which i've heard can happen if there's not enough posts or too many applications) even though the 'outside dublin' people havent received an interview? Would that mean that person is measured against other applicants on the dublin panel only and not against everyone?

i've seen it in the past where people have scored in the 80's over 4 competencies, but get a 54 in the other one meaning they failed by a point. that competition didnt segregate Dublin staff v Country staff though. If i remember correctly, 4 people in this building failed by a point a few years back, as in they all scored above 55 in all but one competency, which they only scored 54. all four would have been in the first batch of interviews only to see those way down the panel initially, succeed in the later batches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

Any update on supervised exams for regional candidates?

Anyone sucessful on the interviews?

Have they moved to next 50 in dublin panel now?

or any updates?

Thanks

Anyone sucessful on the interviews?

Have they moved to next 50 in dublin panel now?

or any updates?

Thanks

Heard they made a panel of 26,want to clear it by the end of March,no word of another bath being called for tests/interviews

BobCat123 wrote:
    Heard they made a panel of 26,want to clear it by the end of March,no word of another bath being called for tests/interviews

That doesn't sound like alot to be placed for a Dublin panel?

That doesn't sound like alot to be placed for a Dublin panel?

That’s why they want them cleared by the end of March so they’ll probably have another batch ready to go from then. Strange way of doing it this year

BobCat123 wrote:
    That’s why they want them cleared by the end of March so they’ll probably have another batch ready to go from then. Strange way of doing it this year

There were probably more than 50 people interviewed. For the aptitude tests a few people got the same placing. If you were placed 25, two or three others could have the same score.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SMCG

Guys sorry for hijacking this and delete if not ok - Ive just been offered an AO post in revenue outside of Dublin, with no more detail as to what the role will be. Are any of you AO's or able to shed some light for me on what an AO does for revenue?
    Also, is it really 43 1/4 hours per week?
    TIA - and apologies if out of line

• Advertisement

Heard they've placed the first ten off this panel

BobCat123 wrote:

Wow it's moving fast

SMCG wrote: »
    Guys sorry for hijacking this and delete if not ok - Ive just been offered an AO post in revenue outside of Dublin, with no more detail as to what the role will be. Are any of you AO's or able to shed some light for me on what an AO does for revenue?

You should possibly contact Public Jobs/Revenue for the additonal information - you could end up in any area - would be hard to say really
    Best of luck

SMCG wrote: »

They work 37.5 hours per week. the 43 1/4 figure includes lunch breaks

BobCat123 wrote:

Any update on amount placed as of today?

Nothing on places but they've called another batch for testing

• Advertisement

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Nothing on places but they've called another batch for testing

for Dublin is it? Thanks!! :-)

No its for the regional panels but they will be calling a second batch for dublin in the next few weeks

BobCat123 wrote:
    No its for the regional panels but they will be calling a second batch for dublin in the next few weeks

Currently waiting to be offered from the first batch in Dublin. Hoping it won't take too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 dontbemean

Just out of interest, are AOs in revenue eligible to apply for internal promotion to HEO?

My understanding is that AO is an equivalent grade to HEO and would not be eligible for internal promotion to that grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

dontbemean wrote: »
    Just out of interest, are AOs in revenue eligible to apply for internal promotion to HEO?

Revenue allows AOs to apply for HEO internal competitions. DPER do not allow AOs to enter the inter D HEO competitions.

It is ridiculous as even though that they call them equivalent grades even though the pay and leave conditions are better for HEOs. In many departments the roles undertaken by HEOs and AOs are completely different so why should someone who would prefer or be more suited to a different role be barred from applying for it?

The only reason DPER stops AOs applying is because it is cheaper to keep AOs on a lower pay scale.

• Advertisement

Thanks!!

Possibly the 1st 50 - 100 being called for supervised tests I assume...??

Im way way way down on the regional list after 1st tests..... im not being too hopeful!!!

I think the current HEO internal panel is due to expire in Sept 2019 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dubtravel

I'm currently completing the form for interview and will have an interview in March from the first batch on the non Dublin panels. Are there many in the same boat does anyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

dubtravel wrote: »
    I'm currently completing the form for interview and will have an interview in March from the first batch on the non Dublin panels. Are there many in the same boat does anyone know.

Do you mind me asking if you have a rough idea how many were called for the supervised testing that you did? I’m was just over the 100 mark and trying to figure out if there is a chance of being called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Harry2015

dubtravel wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what number you were for non Dublin panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭D n G

I've just had an email tonight calling me to the next batch of supervised tests (Dublin). Is it the same format as the online tests we did? Oodles of questions in 12 minutes? The email said to allow an hour for the testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭starstothesun

yes it should be more or less the same! I did the AO supervised and got through that ok. I think once you get in or around 10% either side or your unsupervised test you will be ok.. correct me if I'm wrong!

Apparently they have called up to 70 approx for locations outside Dublin for supervised tests and there is no plans to call anymore at the moment.

Any idea how many have now been called for the Dublin tests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Any idea how many have now been called for the Dublin tests?

Up to and including number 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Hi All

I have been offered mobility to revenue however I’m not sure if I should take it, mainly because my own department have just announced an internal campaign. My question is- to apply for a revenue internal campaign, how many years must you have served in revenue? Would previous service within a different department count at all?

• Advertisement
Advertisement