Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting software

Options
  • 28-08-2018 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good evening good folk of Ireland!

I recently just set up a company and struggling to find what software to use.

Payroll requirements would be up to 100 employees
    The ability to integrate with other software (Not a necessity)

I have used Xero & Receipt bank in a foreign country and had no problems, I see on threads here that Xero doesn't work well in Ireland, can anyone confirm that please?

The last time I lived in Ireland Sage was the software everyone used.

Appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Simplypay.ie for payroll or payback.ie

Xero is good, there are issues with Irish vat but there are easy enough work arounds. Surfaccounts.ie is good but doesn’t have the intergrations xero has. I would still use receipt bank and xero as your use to it so there is no learning curve once it’s set up right from the start for the new Irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

Hi Pheonix, I use Xero for two of my businesses, both are service based companies.
    I've written some tools for producing VAT3 returns and have made those free to use. We've also looked around for Xero integrated payroll software and ended up writing our own.
    The free tools can be found by googling Parolla Tools. The Payroll integration can be found by searching Parolla Payroll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Dumitru Ivanov

Xero is a viable program, but currently I've been very happy with Clarvision.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Good evening good folk of Ireland!

I recently just set up a company and struggling to find what software to use.

Payroll requirements would be up to 100 employees
    The ability to integrate with other software (Not a necessity)

I have used Xero & Receipt bank in a foreign country and had no problems, I see on threads here that Xero doesn't work well in Ireland, can anyone confirm that please?

The last time I lived in Ireland Sage was the software everyone used.

Appreciate any feedback
    We use Auto Entry to get transactions in to the system and Sage One for accounts. Auto Entry will take your purchases, sales and bank and get the data in to the various accounts packages. They are an Irish company although their main market now I think is the UK.

Auto Entry extracts the VAT and overall is a good package that is easy to use and easy to train other users to click through analysis. It remembers a lot of information so once it is set up it smootes out a lot of operational issues.

We integrate with Sage. We used a few of the other packages but the tech guys in Sage are at the end of the phone, where there are issues.

There are a few really handy features on Sage that I haven't seen on other packages for example you can get monthly P&L on one page in column format - not sure if other packages do this but it is very useful.

You can get bank feeds straight to Sage One if you use the right option in choosing the set up in the bank - for example in Bank of Ireland use Banking 365. So no more keying in bank transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I’ve always been a sage fan

• Advertisement
Advertisement