Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday

Options
  • 08-12-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭

An old pal of mine stopped me deliberately today. A real horsey person who has some connections into some of the yards. He told me that the people involved with Call A Cab that runs in the 2:30 at Punchestown think quite highly of this horse and while the Rich Ricci horse in this race could be the real deal, if there are any chinks in its form, then they think Call A Cab could very well take advantage.

I just took a look at some of its previous runs and breeding, and based on that alone, I am inclined to think that this could be a serious chaser in the making and that 18/1 is a more than fair price against a Willie Mullins horse that trades as a hot favourite while yet having some serious holes in its form book. I am on ew just in case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

A McManus chasing debutant trying today and potentially ruining its mark seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

An old pal of mine stopped me deliberately today. A real horsey person who has some connections into some of the yards. He told me that the people involved with Call A Cab that runs in the 2:30 at Punchestown think quite highly of this horse and while the Rich Ricci horse in this race could be the real deal, if there are any chinks in its form, then they think Call A Cab could very well take advantage.

I just took a look at some of its previous runs and breeding, and based on that alone, I am inclined to think that this could be a serious chaser in the making and that 18/1 is a more than fair price against a Willie Mullins horse that trades as a hot favourite while yet having some serious holes in its form book. I am on ew just in case.

Call a Cab is a very good animal and an out and out chaser, but you are wasting your money if you think think will be off today.
    Wouldn't be good enough anyways, but would be amaz3s if they let this get anyway near today or for the next three runs.
    Pat and the lads in the yard wouldn't have a rashers if this is off or not until the horse had got the leg up in the parade ring.

Nicoles Milan has decent chance in 3.05. Ground a little faster than he wants but it's a brutal race. Mon Lino will be out for a look in his first handicap and there are a few more near the top of the market also making their handicap debuts so have very little chance imo.
    The fav seems to find a way of getting beat every time it runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm having a bet today on Groteqsue in the 1.25 Punchestown.
    Felt he ran a lovely first run for the yard a few weeks back when Russell made too much use of him over further and he tired late on.
    He's been found a decent opening now in a handicap and cheekpieces have been applied. I can see the stewards Report now " Stewards enquired into the apparent improvement in form from Grotesque, trainer Gordon Elliott stated a combination of drop in trip, first time cheekpieces and switching to Handicap company all combined, Stewards noted the explanation" :pac::D
    He is a General 5/1 Shot, I'm going to sit for a bit and see if i can get 7 Or 8's. If not the 5's will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Pat if 5s are available now I’d take it.

I suspect Grotesque will do this handily and will go off about 3/1.

I’m really into Rachael Blackmore’s mount in the first , Due Reward, available now at around 10/3.

You won’t go fair wrong with these two and doubling up.

Best of luck to all on what I suspect will be a profitable day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

lemush wrote: »
    A McManus chasing debutant trying today and potentially ruining its mark seems unlikely.
    I don't like the colours either, but Getabird at 4/7 seems very skinny on fences debut. 2nd favourite Mitchouka has not been able to jump a fence so far. Third favourite Moon Over Germany not seen in 2.5 years.

Pat if 5s are available now I’d take it.

I suspect Grotesque will do this handily and will go off about 3/1.

I’m really into Rachael Blackmore’s mount in the first , Due Reward, available now at around 10/3.

You won’t go fair wrong with these two and doubling up.

Best of luck to all on what I suspect will be a profitable day.

I managed to get a bit of 5 but most at 9/2 unfortunately. Now for the hard part :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Call a Cab looks a bet tbh at the prices.
    Deliberately stopped sounds a bit dangerous though? Are you ok?

Fahys in the 2nd Kalum River has plenty of fine form and Commander of Fleet will turn out to be a beast.
    Champion Bumper form hasn't been consistent so if KR is off he's an interesting price.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

1.25 at Punchy looks a tough race but Jake Peter has been in good form of late and also has a 5lb claimer on board; 6/1 win.
    3.05 Se Mo Laoch hit the bar lto and with DOC on board he will be tough to beat.3/1 win

Call a Cab looks a bet tbh at the prices.
    Deliberately stopped sounds a bit dangerous though? Are you ok?

Fahys in the 2nd Kalum River has plenty of fine form and Commander of Fleet will turn out to be a beast.
    Champion Bumper form hasn't been consistent so if KR is off he's an interesting price.

If you think Call a Cab will be getting anywhere near them today, you need to stop punting.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

3.05 Thekingofconnemara 6/1
    12.40 lighthouse warrior 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

May as well back Getabird now for the Arkle. That way you can hedge him at odds on on the day in the March. Think he'll hose up today if he can get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Kauto wrote: »
    Nicoles Milan has decent chance in 3.05. Ground a little faster than he wants but it's a brutal race. Mon Lino will be out for a look in his first handicap and there are a few more near the top of the market also making their handicap debuts so have very little chance imo.
    The fav seems to find a way of getting beat every time it runs.

Funny that. I had a good look at this race, the money is for Guided by You. I fancy that the one immediately above yours on the card, Flysini 10/1. Jack Kennedy is an eye catching booking for Peter Croke. Decent enough form on this ground at the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Ouch Jake Peter so close there, tough game this at times!Looking for compensation with sparkleanshine in 1.55 7/2

Not today unfortunately for Grotesque. Ill Be keeping an eye out over xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fancy Shattered Love here. There's no way Min should be odds on here, as much i like the horse. Forge Meadow at Cork too, small double.

comfortable for min even after trouble in running

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

FatRat wrote: »
    May as well back Getabird now for the Arkle. That way you can hedge him at odds on on the day in the March. Think he'll hose up today if he can get around.

He wouldn’t go off odds on in an arkle in a million years considering he jumps right handed.

Rhubarb cheering up in old age
    Check out @AtTheRaces’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/1071771180888014854?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

lemush wrote: »
    He wouldn’t go off odds on in an arkle in a million years considering he jumps right handed.

I should make clear that this was a bit tongue in cheek. Was gonna say he'd be pulled up in the Arkle then

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    I should make clear that this was a bit tongue in cheek. Was gonna say he'd be pulled up in the Arkle then

Ohh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Disappointing from Grotesque

Embittered e/w a shot to nothing in the last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Does anybody fancy Shattered Love as an outsider for the Gold Cup ew after today? Was staying on well and was 33/1 after the race today for the GC.

I can’t fancy many at the moment bar Percy but he’s short enough.

madmoose wrote: »
    Does anybody fancy Shattered Love as an outsider for the Gold Cup ew after today? Was staying on well and was 33/1 after the race today for the GC.

I can’t fancy many at the moment bar Percy but he’s short enough.

Doubt she would stay and even if she did she is probably not good enough to get involved.

Thought Meades horse has a right chance in it this year if it comes up any way decent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Kauto wrote: »
    Doubt she would stay and even if she did she is probably not good enough to get involved.

Thought Meades horse has a right chance in it this year if it comes up any way decent at all.

I think Gordon said that he was going to train Shattered Love for the Gold Cup. That 7lbs would be huge in a Gold Cup. She’ll stay and she’ll battle all day, she jumped brilliantly in the JLT and galloped all the way to the line. There’s worse 33/1 shots if she turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

What's yer thoughts on getabird yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What's yer thoughts on getabird yesterday?

Good jumping bar the second last, you'd wonder how much closer Articulum would have gotten to Getabird if he didn't make that blunter at the last. Personally don't think we'll be seeing him win in March regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Good jumping bar the second last, you'd wonder how much closer Articulum would have gotten to Getabird if he didn't make that blunter at the last. Personally don't think we'll be seeing him win in March regardless.

He fairly jumped the last getabird and powered all the way home

Advertisement