Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get C64 power supply?

Options
  • 22-11-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

So my C64C is hosed.
    I'm trying to fix it if possible (although I'm not the most electronically minded) but I think my power supply is dodgy (sometimes good readings, sometimes bad readings) - I have this thread on lemon64 help forum about it.

Anyhoo - whether or not it's dodgy I think I'd end up getting a new one in any case

Can anybody recommend a source to get one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So my C64C is hosed.
    I'm trying to fix it if possible (although I'm not the most electronically minded) but I think my power supply is dodgy (sometimes good readings, sometimes bad readings) - I have this thread on lemon64 help forum about it.

Anyhoo - whether or not it's dodgy I think I'd end up getting a new one in any case

Can anybody recommend a source to get one ?

I was going to recommended the same power supply the user on lemon64 suggested.

I was going to link to the official site though, they're based in Poland so no matter if you buy it from amazon or the website it will be shipped from Poland.

https://www.c64psu.com/c64psu/43-157-commodore-64-c64-psu-power-supply.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Doge wrote: »
    I was going to recommended the same power supply the user on lemon64 suggested.

I was going to link to the official site though, they're based in Poland so no matter if you buy it from amazon or the website it will be shipped from Poland.

https://www.c64psu.com/c64psu/43-157-commodore-64-c64-psu-power-supply.html

OK - I had looked at it there also so it's good to get another recommendation.
    I'll go ahead with that so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So I got the new Power supply and re-capped it and it works !!!

Now on to the cleaning phase - I'm thinking BBlonde hair bleach as it's supposed to be like Retr0bright in a bottle.

I don't have UV lamps though

Anyhow - here she is :)
    20181130-100839-HDR.jpg

Advertisement