Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need small piece of carpentry done, but struggling to find anyone for a "Small Job".

Options
  • 15-10-2018 6:31pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads and lasses.

We just got a new boiler put in. The thing is in the kitchen. The old one was of a size that when we were getting the kitchen done, we had a cupboard built around it, with no bottom. But the new boiler is about a foot longer. Meaning it now hangs a foot lower than the wooden door and side that covered the old one.

We've tried ringing round but are struggling to find anyone willing to do such a "small job", as they've described it themselves. We reckon we need someone to hang a new door as well as do a little piece of trimming to bring the wall down enough to hide most of the boiler.

Does anyone have any recommendations for who might be willing to do such work in a kitchen? Anyone we've contacted basically doesn't seem to want to know us unless we want a bigger job done, like a whole new kitchen or whatever (an issue we've had develop in a few places, annoyingly, this year; we've struggled to find people willing to take on nixxers here and there).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

If you’re in Drogheda or near by, try Drogheda handy man or Drogheda trades man pages on Facebook.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bloody hell, yeah, would help if I said where I was :P

Drogheda is right. I'll check them out now, thanks.

Sent you a PM with the name of a Carpenter that hung doors, did skirting and architrave for me. Found him to be pretty good. Might be of use to you :)

Advertisement