Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framing a print.

Options
  • 05-01-2020 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

This is not the normal type of print. The print is on a type of cloth. Approximately 2 ft by 3 ft.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A print on canvas? Your best best would be to treat it like a painting and bring it to a framing place to see what they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mach Two

More of a very light cloth rather than canvas. Like the material a ladies scarf is made from.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What is the question? Do you want to tackle it yourself or get it done professionally, what are you asking?

My apologies. I am hoping to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Ladies scarves can be made or all sorts of stuff. Can you post a picture or give more details?

• Advertisement

Photos here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you want a frame you would be better to work with a suitable charity shop frame that you clean and spray, then cover a piece of thin ply or mdf with thin wadding, then lightweight white fabric (sheeting for example) then the scarf, then you turn it all over, trim the corners of the wadding and sheeting and stitch edge to edge - this is easier than a long description https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/display-embroidery-on-canvas-4163844. The amount of lacing shown is possibly a bit excessive but the more you do the better it will look. It would be easier to first lace on the wadding and cotton, then the scarf separately.

The reason I am suggesting wadding and cotton fabric is because the scarf is thin and the fabric will tend to sag if you do not put a bit of padding under it. The wadding would be no more than 5 or 6mm thick.

Thank you for that. That is an excellent way of framing it.

Advertisement