Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble with Bosch washing machine

Options
  • 12-04-2021 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭

machine is eight years old , ive had to unblock the likes of coins down the years on occasion but today no matter what i do , i keep getting the code E18 flashing , i drained it twice and removed the little sump thing at the bottom and cleaned , nothing stuck in it ?

spent a few hours at it at this stage

perhaps eight years is about the life of them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Cyloncity

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    machine is eight years old , ive had to unblock the likes of coins down the years on occasion but today no matter what i do , i keep getting the code E18 flashing , i drained it twice and removed the little sump thing at the bottom and cleaned , nothing stuck in it ?

spent a few hours at it at this stage

perhaps eight years is about the life of them ?

Just wondering if the machine is not spinning/draining or not doing anything?
    Is the drain into the standpipe or into waste with sink? Might whichever it is be blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Checking on Google unplug machine drain and check filter for items as you have done.
    What about does it have a strong water feed and exit pipe not kinked.

Sometimes water feeds might have a filter that can block and worth checking that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

I had same problem. I cleaned out the filter on the front but it still came on. The hose going to the drain was extended on my behalf and it was the problem. If you can see where the hose drains you will be able to see if its draining properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

If it isn't the drain hose it is likely the hose between the drum and the pump. It is permanently attached at the drum side, so takes a bit of ingenuity to clear.

Also if it has one of those fancy aqualock water inlet hoses check to see it hasn't set where you connect the inlet hose to supply. It's a kind of rectangular plastic block at the top of hose. Has stuff inside that sets when wet to stop water coming in/leak. Nice in theory but horrible expensive to replace.
    NB make sure power is off!!!
    Most likely not this if water is actually begetting to machine though!🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mr j tayto

R18 sometimes refers to a blocked or faulty drain pump.
    Even though it's clear and moving by hand it might be burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mr j tayto

That should have read E18.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

looks like il be getting a new machine , can get a BEKO for 299 , we have BEKO fridge and freezer , for the price you pay , they are pretty good

cost in excess of 100 to get someone out to fix this eight year old Bosch which is on six days per week , tried unblocking it now half a dozen times so thats it

looks like il be getting a new machine , can get a BEKO for 299 , we have BEKO fridge and freezer , for the price you pay , they are pretty good

cost in excess of 100 to get someone out to fix this eight year old Bosch which is on six days per week , tried unblocking it now half a dozen times so thats it

That's a pity. I assume you've tried the little bit inside the filter cap at bottom. Once you open it it's to the left before the bit further in if that makes sense . Caught a few coins in there once and some metal wire!
    Is any cycle starting? Noisy if it does?

Cyloncity wrote: »
    That's a pity. I assume you've tried the little bit inside the filter cap at bottom. Once you open it it's to the left before the bit further in if that makes sense . Caught a few coins in there once and some metal wire!
    Is any cycle starting? Noisy if it does?

I've often found coins in there but nothing this time, motor sounds like it's goosed while doing a 15 minute cycle right now

• Advertisement

I've often found coins in there but nothing this time, motor sounds like it's goosed while doing a 15 minute cycle right now

Does it sound like there is marbles in there? That spelled the end of the last Bosch we had for 10years. Ball bearings apparently. Cheaper to buy a new one at that point.
    The standpipe or drain hose waste are free yes?

Does it sound like there is marbles in there? That spelled the end of the last Bosch we had for 10years. Ball bearings apparently. Cheaper to buy a new one at that point.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Yes

It's very easy to replace the water pump, yourself, and they're only about €30. If the bearings on the drum go, it's a different matter - not replaceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

E 18 is a pump fault. you need to determine if the pump is stuck or running, first set the machine to drain/empty with the filter removed and press start, if the pump impellar fails to rotate stick in a screwdriver to help the pump start and see if it spits out something thats causing it to stick, if it starts with a noise then there is something in there causing the problem, it could also be worn if it is the impellar will feel loose. You wont flood the house with the filter removed by setting it on drain only

E 18 is a pump fault. you need to determine if the pump is stuck or running, first set the machine to drain/empty with the filter removed and press start, if the pump impellar fails to rotate stick in a screwdriver to help the pump start and see if it spits out something thats causing it to stick, if it starts with a noise then there is something in there causing the problem, it could also be worn if it is the impellar will feel loose. You wont flood the house with the filter removed by setting it on drain only

Guy coming over tomorrow, 85 euro call out fee ,give it a go

Pump sound is definitely off as in not sounding right

got her repaired for 85 euro , several little bits of lego stuck in it .

note to self ( must remember to empty kids pockets from now on )

Good stuff. Mad what ends up in there!

Advertisement