Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ryan Tubridy Show (Genuine Discussion - non-parody)

Options
  • 09-05-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭

After full and frank discussions with a radio moderator, I was kindly permitted to create this thread.
    It is intended for genuine discussion of the program content. Focusing on the content of the show. It is not a parody thread.

There is already a parody thread which excellently discusses the presenter and his mannerisms in forensic detail.
    The parody thread is for individuals who take a keen interest in those matters who may or may not enjoy the show. It is a thread where there is an ironic/satirical/vindictive look at the presenter, his speech patterns, mannerisms, his wages, memes.freebie lists, and so on. With the utmost endeavour.

See below:

‘The Toyman: a wry look at the Ryan Tubridy Show’

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115898166

Although that thread is superbly done on those aspects (and is the clearly the heir apparent to the satirical cultural behemoth in the boards.ie radio section) -
    This thread here is not intended for that type of satirical discussion.

It is intended to move away from that ‘personality’ based discussion and focus on the actual content of the show. Rather than the distraction of a ‘personality’ based discussion which prevails in the parody thread above.

When I say discussion I do not mean simple one liners. It would be nice if posters backed up why they hold the viewpoint.
    I trust any moderator will objectively view this thread in its appropriate light on the basis of its intent. It is hoped that this thread will be a more welcoming one for those posters who listen to the show, and wish to discuss its content and/or topics. Away from the satirical type of discussion.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement