Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE not covered

Options
  • 03-02-2021 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

My boy is starting his final year of preschool in September, but is not covered for the ECCE scheme as he is only a few weeks over the upper age limit of 5years and 6months in June 2022.. Is there anything that can be done or is that it?

If so and I have to cover the cost for the year fully, how much could someone be expected to pay for 3hours preschool a day, 5 days a week? Could I expect creche rates or the government scheme rate of €64.50 a week per child?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi,

My boy is starting his final year of preschool in September, but is not covered for the ECCE scheme as he is only a few weeks over the upper age limit of 5years and 6months in June 2022.. Is there anything that can be done or is that it?

If so and I have to cover the cost for the year fully, how much could someone be expected to pay for 3hours preschool a day, 5 days a week? Could I expect creche rates or the government scheme rate of €64.50 a week per child?

Is your child born in December? So they already have had 2 years?

I paid a year for both my kids and was charged €82.50 but got €7.50 off on one in a universal child subsidy. My son was under 3. It was a standalone Montesorri.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It probably varies from place to place, I have €15/ day in my head as a figure for our local preschool, but that actually seems too little, so it could well be an old figure, as my oldest child is 9.

And no, there’s nothing you can do, each child only gets two years, and unfortunately, the parents don’t get to decide which two, it goes fully on date of birth.
    Your options are to pay, or to just avail of one year and send him to school at 4 and 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

So is it because he is a December baby?

Advertisement