Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosch Washing Machine . Main bearing failure

• 13-03-2021 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My Bosch machine failing in less than five years.

Is this normal?

The model is WAN 24.

Anyone else experienced a proplem with this appliance?

Perhaps less than five years is ok ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Under normal conditions this is usually not the case but it can happen, it depends on how many washes you do daily, are you overloading loading it and especially if you happen to have a lot of farm workers clothes to wash, it is repairable as the outer tub is not glued together but there is about four hours work in it to repair it properly. You say it is under 5 years old , how many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Our Bosch series 4 washing machine WAN28100GB bearings completely went after only 15 months, and we definitely didn’t abuse it. Very difficult to get it sorted too, even though it was well within warranty. I’ll never buy another Bosch appliance after the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Yeah, I have seen a few give trouble under warranty as well but all were sorted free of charge. These washers use some of the biggest bearings available like 3606 series which can easily do 10+ years washing before wearing, I can only assume it was a bad batch of water seals or something in the assembly line that led to this. BTW I have no connection to Bosch but they are still one of the most reliable washers out there

Advertisement