Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heroquest reprint 2021

Options
  • 30-10-2020 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

spotted quite by random chance this evening as a suggested article on my feed from Bell of Lost Souls.net; namely that there is an official Hasbro Heroquest reprint kickstarter-ish campaign nearing close (some 8 days left as I write this).

Not to be confused with the 25th anniversary kickstarter on-off crowd.

Apparently the original not-kickstarter campaign/pledge thingymabob is for N.America only but zavvi have agreed to pick this up in the UK and any pre-orders will count towards the stretch goals. The only downside being you have to buy the biggest bundle which is £150 before postage. I have no idea what postage costs to Ireland will be since I'm living in the UK, but for anyone who has either a childhood fondness for the game or loves D&D in general it's worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Lemming wrote: »
    Hi guys,

spotted quite by random chance this evening as a suggested article on my feed from Bell of Lost Souls.net; namely that there is an official Hasbro Heroquest reprint kickstarter-ish campaign nearing close (some 8 days left as I write this).

Not to be confused with the 25th anniversary kickstarter on-off crowd.

Apparently the original not-kickstarter campaign/pledge thingymabob is for N.America only but zavvi have agreed to pick this up in the UK and any pre-orders will count towards the stretch goals. The only downside being you have to buy the biggest bundle which is £150 before postage. I have no idea what postage costs to Ireland will be since I'm living in the UK, but for anyone who has either a childhood fondness for the game or loves D&D in general it's worth a look.

As much as I loved HQ as a kid......this is not worth the $100/$150 they are asking for! The game was fun as a very rudimentary dice chucking dungeon delver...hell, it was probably one of if not the first one to simplify D&D for a younger audience. But this is just a carbon copy reskin: new miniatures, new art, exact same gameplay.

Nowadays there are so many superior alternatives. Sure, the HQ miniatures do look nice but so do a lot of other games. Even on Kickstarter right now is the Darkest Dungeon boardgame: €150 gets you the core game, large expansion and tons of bonus extras, I love the miniatures (captures the games look perfectly) and you get wayyy more than in HQ, plus its gameplay looks far more involved. And at retail you have the likes of Imperial Assault and Descent 2nd, where €150 would grab you the core box and multiple expansions.

The only person I could really recommend this to is someone who did love it as a kid, and has a few sprogs round the ages of 5-9 and wants to relive/pass it on.

Advertisement