Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim Musician Bryan Dolan

Options
  • 20-05-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Does anyone here know Leitrim accordian player/musician by the name of Bryan Dolan?

Played a lot in the 70's in London and was very popular among the Irish living there.

I'm looking to get a CD of his for a relation who knew him when they were over there and I've tried everywhere with no success.

Even better if someone could put me in touch with him, I believe he has returned home back to Leitrim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,839 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭miguelk

muffler wrote: »
    Wonder is this him?

As far as I know that's him alright Muffler.

that's all I could find though, tried music shops/archives/websites but no luck.

was thinking it could be a case that he still sells in local music stores

• Registered Users Posts: 45,839 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Unfortunately this is not one of the busier forums so it may take a while in getting a decent response but hang in there and someone might be able to offer some info.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Not sure if this helps but there is a Bryan Dolan listed on Discogs.
    Also have you tried the Trad forum?

EDIT: Actually have you noticed the first comment on the Youtube clip - "That's my grandfather!" - maybe she could help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

You could try the Irish Traditional Music Archive www.itma.ie. They might have something by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭miguelk

Hermy wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps but there is a Bryan Dolan listed on Discogs.

Also have you tried the Trad forum?

EDIT: Actually have you noticed the first comment on the Youtube clip - "That's my grandfather!" - maybe she could help.

trad wrote: »
    You could try the Irish Traditional Music Archive www.itma.ie. They might have something by him.

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

I was in touch with ITMA and no luck there.

I'll follow up on the youtube lead and the trad forum, appreciate the help!

If anyone out there from Leitrim reads this and Bryan Dolan happens to be your neighbour then send me a PM!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

I recommend starting a thread on 'mudcat.org'

I have often found it to be a great resource when searching for material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ollyh

Hi

I worked at Bryan’s house and he gave me 2 albums. I have to say he was such a lovely guy and showed me all of his collects of music and instruments.

This maybe to late
    Olly

miguelk wrote: »
    Does anyone here know Leitrim accordian player/musician by the name of Bryan Dolan?

Played a lot in the 70's in London and was very popular among the Irish living there.

I'm looking to get a CD of his for a relation who knew him when they were over there and I've tried everywhere with no success.

Even better if someone could put me in touch with him, I believe he has returned home back to Leitrim.
    miguelk wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

Hey Ollyh

The two albums you mentioned that Bryan Dolan gave to you....are they recordings of Bryan himself playing?

If so i would love to hear them if possible!?

I'm from Leitrim as well.

Thanks,
    A

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevbm

I have some stuff by Bryan...will post more this week but anyone who wants some please get in touch via email.

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 Sooty19

Bryan was a regular visitor to our house when we were younger. We had a pub and he often played in fact he played the last time he was at home maybe 2013/14? - im pretty sure Bryan has since passed away. We have a good few of his albums he was a great accordion player.

Sooty19

Advertisement