Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoners

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

In America in states where it has been legalised their black market is still dominating over legal ways of purchasing weed. Stoners tend to be broke losers, so purchase the stuff that doesn’t have tax applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭victor8600

...Stoners tend to be broke losers, so purchase the stuff that doesn’t have tax applied.

Wow, broad generalizations much? Care to supply links?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

victor8600 wrote: »
    Wow, broad generalizations much? Care to supply links?

The majority of stoners are complete losers. Don’t need links to come to that conclusion, dude Grey-faced men wasting their lives smoking a drug that is destroying their memory, ambition, and cognitive processes.

Stoners get angry when this is pointed out to them, but the stereotypes about them are accurate. And they then trot out the old ‘wait, Steve Jobs smoked weed and was successful’.

He was successful in spite of weed, not because of it. Stoners are drug addicts. Not a lifestyle to aspire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You're fond of a pint aren't you, J? Your description of the cons of smoking weed would be fairly similar to that of a man who drinks pints of a weekend.

I'm trying to think of the alcohol equivalent of Steve Jobs (though I admit I've never heard him brought into the conversation before), Paul McGrath, I suppose. He was successful in spite of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

The majority of stoners are complete losers. Don’t need links to come to that conclusion, dude Grey-faced men wasting their lives smoking a drug that is destroying their memory, ambition, and cognitive processes.

Stoners get angry when this is pointed out to them, but the stereotypes about them are accurate. And they then trot out the old ‘wait, Steve Jobs smoked weed and was successful’.

He was successful in spite of weed, not because of it. Stoners are drug addicts. Not a lifestyle to aspire to.

If you leave out enough bait somebody will bite.

Crazy statements to be making but obviously just to get a rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mr. De Niro wants to know - you a pothead, Focher?

meettheparents.jpg

Do you sit around coming up with inane questions? One being better or worse than the other doesn't make any difference. Avoid both, as you seem to have difficulties with all types of abuse.

Do you just come in and **** on every thread in After Hours? Always someone who just attacks the OP for no good reason. I see your name and not for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The problem is like with all drugs is how to make sure only those who want to use recreationally get it and its keep away from those who want to medicate themselves from the realities of life, or those with mental health issues, for the second lot it is a huge issue for themselves and society.

Alcohol is legal and many do medicate themselves with it and we don't stop them.

People who drink way too much and too often usually get to a point where they can at least admit that. Anyone I know who smokes weed every day insists it's not a problem and that it helps their "anxiety" or whatever else. Of course they tend to have to have a smoke to leave the house but better make sure it's not too strong or they're too stoned to talk to a shop-keeper for half a second. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
Advertisement