Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WD MyPassport recertified 1TB €35 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

2tb and 3tb are a lot cheaper /per 1tb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think they are always around this price but they are rarely in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Marked Expired

Seems to be gone in all colours and sizes now. These were on sale on black Friday so might come around in January again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Back in Stock now

1/2/3TB are in stock again and nearly all colours.

https://www.wd.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYNN0010BYL-WESN

Davy wrote: »
    Back in Stock now

1/2/3TB are in stock again and nearly all colours.

https://www.wd.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYNN0010BYL-WESN

Cheers Davy. The passport ultra is slightly cheaper for the 2 and 3tb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Sorry to ask a silly question-- can this be used to put movies on and watch on tv? Last hard drive has packed it in, currently using usb but less space obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

got one for 31 euro before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sorry to ask a silly question-- can this be used to put movies on and watch on tv? Last hard drive has packed it in, currently using usb but less space obviously

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

What would be good for general back ups and connecting to an Nvidia shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Mr.S wrote: »
    I use a 4TB connected to my Shield, works a dream.

Lantern, would you ever fill 4TB up....Which one of the refurbs do you recommend.

Edit...actually are they SSD ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

It's cheaper to order on the UK site using the promocode "5OFFWDUK"

And this model is even cheaper

https://www.wd.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/wd-elements-portable.html#RWDBUZG0010BBK-WESN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

living wrote: »

And this model is even cheaper

https://www.wd.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/wd-elements-portable.html#RWDBUZG0010BBK-WESN

Ship to Ireland or need to use Parcel Wizard?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Ship to Ireland or need to use Parcel Wizard?

Sorry, forgot to mention it, you need parcel motel / addresspal / parcel wizard but still cheaper than the Irish website :)

The different is more noticiable with he most expensive models though

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

picked up a 4Tb My Book (New Version) re-certified yesterday for €67 delivered to Ireland

cant go wrong with that as a storage device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

TBH, for storage, I don't understand why you'd buy a used recertified drive(31gbp, plus parcel motel, only 6 month warranty) when you can buy a new one locally with 3 year warranty for 59euro?

Maybe I'm mad, but data is important to me..

If you want it just to store movies, music or games, its fine. These you can download these again.

Any drive can fail, if you have anything important that cant be got again, should be backed up in multiple places anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

living wrote:

is this code working for anyone else? invalid for me

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Could this be used as a harddrive to store and play PS4/Xbox1 games from?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭banana_bear

tedpan wrote: »
    TBH, for storage, I don't understand why you'd buy a used recertified drive(31gbp, plus parcel motel, only 6 month warranty) when you can buy a new one locally with 3 year warranty for 59euro?

I agree, hard disks are a timebomb as it is. I wouldn't buy a second hand hard disk if it was only 25% of the price of a new one.

That, on the other hand, doesn't make sense.

If data is important (as it should be), you make regular backups. A brand new hard disk of the highest quality can fail the day after you buy it. Or get stolen, damaged by a power surge, destroyed in a house fire, dropped by the dog/kid, etc. Or you might simply delete something you didn't mean to, or a virus might delete/encrypt it.

If you value your data, you take backups. A hard disk is nothing but one temporary container for your data.

On the other hand, if your time and hassle free life is important, that would be a good reason not to buy second hand hard disks.

If you value your data, you take backups. A hard disk is nothing but one temporary container for your data.

I have multiple WD externals for backups , each backed up to another drive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

If you have a plex pass there is usually a monthly 20% discount for purchases on the WD site (applies to both Irish and UK wd sites). Someone over on the nvidia shield boards forum with plex probably has a code to spare or will have one for January.

Regarding the re-certified offers, these pop up constantly but any drives of a decent size sell out immediately as they are posted all over the uk bargain hunting sites also. No idea if good or not as i never bought them but I'd imagine I'd see a lot more complaints on other forums if they were failing more often than new ones.

I've had 3 WD externals for 3 years with 0 problems.

All recertified.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Would these hard drives work with an LG TV for recording programmes.Have tried a few usb sticks but the TV won't recognise them for recording but does play videos and photos from them..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hi all ordered one of these to back up my media files. What's the best way to do a complete back up of 3tb from an external drive to this one I bought. Would copy and paste be the best option? I sometimes find when copying large files with copy paste it doesn't always work and I have to restart and it takes forever.

What's the best / cheapest software option that you'd recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What's best for PS4 in one of these recertifed looking to pick up a 3-4Gig one not sure if one of the 3.5" powered via external power supply would be better then the 2.5" powered by usb.

What's best for PS4 in one of these recertifed looking to pick up a 3-4Gig one not sure if one of the 3.5" powered via external power supply would be better then the 2.5" powered by usb.

For my PS4 I have the 3.5" ones powered externally.

snoopy84 wrote: »
    is this code working for anyone else? invalid for me

It only works on the UK site

matt360 wrote: »
    Could this be used as a harddrive to store and play PS4/Xbox1 games from?

I bought the one that OP posted for my xbox and so far so good :)

Believe it or not, I trust more the ones recertified because (in theory) they were fixed. One brand new can have hidden issues because nobody has tested it yet.

• Advertisement

living wrote:
    Believe it or not, I trust more the ones recertified because (in theory) they were fixed. One brand new can have hidden issues because nobody has tested it yet.

Lol, they're tested in the factory

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

1 TB already gone.

2 TB still available for €52.99 (yellow color).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

just bought a 1TB,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just bought a 1TB, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

nice one. Just got a white 1TB. Only colour available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Some 1tb back in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

seems to be mypassport and elements in stock, any difference? edit: ill be sticking it in an xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

2tb still available, if you're not fussy about the colours available.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How does the password work on these? if you reboot do you need to put in password every time? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Picked this up for €30.60 paying with paypal, might be a bit cheaper paying with card, same item but lower price than OP

• Advertisement

Picked this up for €30.60 paying with paypal, might be a bit cheaper paying with card, same item but lower price than OP

You get it yet? Does it have a password on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would this be okay for playing 4k files on a TV?

[edit] one more question. Where do you input the 10% code? I don't see an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Tusky wrote: »
    Would this be okay for playing 4k files on a TV?

[edit] one more question. Where do you input the 10% code? I don't see an option.

The website is a bit all over the place, if you click again on the basket icon in the top right it should go back to a screen where you have the option to enter a Promo Code.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    The website is a bit all over the place, if you click again on the basket icon in the top right it should go back to a screen where you have the option to enter a Promo Code.

Got the 2TB for €40. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Did you use parcel motel for this?
    Only shipping option is UK

Bought the 2TB one....

Hope it doesn't have a stupid password on it.....my other HDD has buttons on front to punch in when been used and drives me nuts

Do the promo codes work on the Irish site?

ciano316 wrote: »

I used address pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

ciano316 wrote: »

I used Parcel Motel, sorry I should have factored that into the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

I was able to get the 4tb white one shipped to my Irish address.

EDIT free shipping too

• Advertisement
Advertisement