Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2020, 12:30   #1
positivenote

old(ish) man doing kickboxing.... advice

HI Guys,
Started doing kickboxing about two years ago after watching my kids train since they were young. Im 46 now and have progressed to orange belt having previously done zero martial arts training.
Im only able to train/spar (point sparing)once a week due to life commitments but was wondering if there are any workouts, stretches etc that I could do at home (I have a heavy bag in the shed) that would improve my technique as im looking at other (younger) members of my club and their techniques are superb compared to mine.
Im hoping o eventually push on to grade at black belt in the next few years as a personal life goal and I do love lending a hand with the younger kids drills.
Thanks a million
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 14:53   #2
freemenfitness

There is a lot that could be done to help the key things are to decide on the areas you need the most work on and then how much time you can realistically commit to training.

The key thing is to keep at what you pick to see long term progress. A bit of strength training mixed with some mobility / flexibility work will help you train better but also feel better and last longer. Its hard to give accurate advice without knowing you and your needs but I am happy to help if you have any specific questions.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion