Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The guineas 1000 and 2000

Options
  • 14-04-2015 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Had a little ante post for the 1000 guineas.
    These are E/W singles btw
    1) together forever 11/1
    2) fadhayyil 16/1
    3) raydara 33/1

Any thoughts or pre-selection on these races?

Best of luck to any punts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Did gleneagles 25/1 last july but was only 5ew, looks good now wish i had more on. Saying that im not a fan of a horse without a prep and the 2nd fav will have that over him when he runs tomorrow.

Ive not backed anything in the 1000 yet, if it was nrnb id consider a few but will wait till the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was hoping Moore would be on Highland Reel but now he's the no.1 jockey he'll be on Gleneagles!

Found in the 1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got a text from a lad whos well into his horses a while back
    My dad met Aidan O Brien today. He was dropping shavings into Ballydoyle. He said Highland Reel for 2000 Guineas, Jamaica for the Epsom Derby, Words for the Epsom Oaks. Jamaica has been beating John F Kennedy over 7 furlongs, a mile and 1 mile 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Got a text from a lad whos well into his horses a while back

Where would Jamacia have beaten him over those distances. Doesn't O' Brien not train his horses over short distances at home?

All speed work if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Tiggy Wiggy for the 1000, few euro on Kool Kompany for the 2000 @ 100/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Kool Kompany runs in the Craven today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Tiggy Wiggy for the 1000, few euro on Kool Kompany for the 2000 @ 100/1.

100 to 1 looks a bit healthier after that race anyway. Is Tiggy Wiggy even entered? Didn't think guineas was the plan

Gregk961 wrote: »
    100 to 1 looks a bit healthier after that race anyway. Is Tiggy Wiggy even entered? Didn't think guineas was the plan

I'm not sure what the plan is to be honest, I have that bet done ages. Must give props to the lad that posted up about Kool Kompany in the other thread. Had no idea he was 100/1 until he posted. Cheers pal.

My mate rides out for martin meade and he said at 50/1 irish rookie could outrun her odds in the 1000 guineas. Its 2/2 and won both at newmarket both times at nice prices. I noticed the trainer had a good winner today on the rowley mileso maybe he is having a nice few types coming through. The 1000 looks open to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I think The Wow Signal is huge at 25s. Clearly didn't run to form at Longchamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Yeah, I had The Wow Signal backed that day and he scoped badly afterwards so that run can be forgiven. He looks a very big price I agree with top class 2 yo form beating Hootenanny and Ervedya in the Prix Morny. The way he finished his races over 6f and with a good deal of stamina on the dams side I think he'll stay a mile as well.

Estidhkaar is the other one who looks overpriced at 25/1. Hannon has been keen to stress that Estidhkaar and Ivawood are closely matched yet the latter is a 5/1 shot for the Guineas with doubts about his stamina. He's also said that Estidhkaar has done the best over the winter out of all his 2 yos and was quite immature last year despite winning two Group 2s. His run in the Dewhurst can be forgiven as he didn't look himself coming slowly and right out of the stalls and they found he had a a small hairline fracture after the race. Ivawood has some serious speed and may get a mile but if he does I'm sure it won't be his ideal trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

uxiant wrote: »
    Yeah, I had The Wow Signal backed that day and he scoped badly afterwards so that run can be forgiven. He looks a very big price I agree with top class 2 yo form beating Hootenanny and Ervedya in the Prix Morny. The way he finished his races over 6f and with a good deal of stamina on the dams side I think he'll stay a mile as well.

Estidhkaar is the other one who looks overpriced at 25/1. Hannon has been keen to stress that Estidhkaar and Ivawood are closely matched yet the latter is a 5/1 shot for the Guineas with doubts about his stamina. He's also said that Estidhkaar has done the best over the winter out of all his 2 yos and was quite immature last year despite winning two Group 2s. His run in the Dewhurst can be forgiven as he didn't look himself coming slowly and right out of the stalls and they found he had a a small hairline fracture after the race. Ivawood has some serious speed and may get a mile but if he does I'm sure it won't be his ideal trip.

Definitely right with Estidhkaar wish I had a proper look at the horses before the trials on Saturday, 25-1 was just too big. On 2yo form he cant be far off Gleneagles on the line through Aktabanty, and there are plenty of reasons to excuse his disappointing run in the Dewhurst.

Gleneagles is a brutal price considering Saturday probably just confirmed a suspicion we already had about Ivawood. Fair enough nothing else rooted up any trees but I don't think its a weak race this year. Conections aside and hes double the price at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Backed Osaila last year @ 33-1 for the 1000, happy with that now, think she has a great chance. Doubts today if Found will even make the field.

Backed Ivawood @ 10-1 last year for the 2000, he ran a shocker in the Greenham so who knows

Warper wrote: »
    Backed Osaila last year @ 33-1 for the 1000, happy with that now, think she has a great chance. Doubts today if Found will even make the field.

Backed Ivawood @ 10-1 last year for the 2000, he ran a shocker in the Greenham so who knows

Before the neil gwyn coral were a standout 40/1 osaila, i was surprised how big as other bookies around 25/1 or so, i had a small bet at 40/1 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

uxiant wrote: »

I backed ESTIDHKAAR at 25/1 and am very happy after last weeks run. Hannon is saying he WILL win the guineas, hopefully its with him but would be happy to make the frame

Hughes reckons Ivawood is the best of the Hannon horses for the 2000.

He picked the wrong horse last year, hopefully the same this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

He thought that with Toormore last year and he hasn't won since the Craven

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Is it me or has the Guineas build-up been fairly muted this year?
    Maybe the McCoy show over the past few weeks put it on the back-burner.
    Either way, I hope a real good one comes out of this. Last years turned out to be a very strong renewal, can we get two in a row?
    Certainly, the older horses going over a mile look quite weak so all the big all-age 1mile races are up for grabs if a good one comes out of it on Saturday.

The 2000 looks a cracking race, a lot of horses have been pulled in the 1000. The Guineas are always great though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Is it me or has the Guineas build-up been fairly muted this year?
    Maybe the McCoy show over the past few weeks put it on the back-burner.
    Either way, I hope a real good one comes out of this. Last years turned out to be a very strong renewal, can we get two in a row?
    Certainly, the older horses going over a mile look quite weak so all the big all-age 1mile races are up for grabs if a good one comes out of it on Saturday.

It doesnt have O'Briens best horse he ever trained running (though Glen eagles is Damn good)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

DylanAFC wrote: »
    He picked the wrong horse last year, hopefully the same this year.

Paul Hanagan rides for Sheikh Hamdan so Hughes doesn't have the choice of riding Estidhkaar. If he could pick I reckon he would be mad to choose Ivawood who's stamina is a massive question mark over Estidhkaar who looks as though he'll improve further over the extra furlong.

Raydara pulled from the 1000 Guineas which is a big shame. I thought she had a big chance but she obviously didn't impress on her racecourse gallop and needs more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Estidhkaar a place lay in the 2000, and Rizeena a place lay in the Dahlia Stakes on Sunday. Both doubtful to get the distance imo.
    A small bet on Nafaqa at 300 in the 2000 Guineas, and Irish Rookie at 38 in the 1000 Guineas.

Any word on Found? They said they would decide after a gallop this morn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

kfallon wrote: »
    Any word on Found? They said they would decide after a gallop this morn.

The Ballydoyle picture for the 1,000 Guineas is less clear, with a decision on the participation of favourite Found set to go down to the wire. Declarations are on Friday morning.

O’Brien said: “We’re still not 100 per cent sure about Found. She worked this morning and we were happy with her, but she’s on her way back from a setback so we’ll give her a few more days before we decide. It’s not crucial we run her, but obviously the 1,000 Guineas is a Classic.

“If she doesn’t run at Newmarket she could go to the Curragh on Monday for the Athasi Stakes.”

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=8010624&category=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

diomed wrote: »
    Estidhkaar a place lay in the 2000, and Rizeena a place lay in the Dahlia Stakes on Sunday. Both doubtful to get the distance imo.
    A small bet on Nafaqa at 300 in the 2000 Guineas, and Irish Rookie at 38 in the 1000 Guineas.

Not sure that Nafaqa is entered into the 2000 guineas this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Aargh, my horse to follow for the year Ol' Man River is running in the 2,000 Guineas and his price is plenty short. Can't see Ryan Moore being on the wrong one of O'Brien's two, but Joseph seems to be putting himself through the wringer to get the weight down to ride Ol' Man River or maybe just to get back on track.

I'm torn between thinking that Ol' Man River is just out to place in the Guineas before going on to win the Derby like Australia did last year, or whether he's a little short of stamina on the Dams side to win the Derby. His Dosage Index says Derby winner, his stallion says Derby winner and his physique says he'll skate around Epsom.

Think it's time to back him for the Derby not the 2,000 Guineas, If he places in or wins the Guineas he'll be favourite for the Derby afterwards. I'm tempted to double Gleneagles in the 2,000 and Ol' Man River in the Derby, but those doubles never works out for me, but Ryan Moore is riding Gleneagles and that allays my doubts about Gleneagles price.

Fk it, I'll do the double. :)

Any gossip from Ballydoyle about the pecking order?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

tryfix wrote: »
    Aargh, my horse to follow for the year Ol' Man River is running in the 2,000 Guineas and his price is plenty short. Can't see Ryan Moore being on the wrong one of O'Brien's two, but Joseph seems to be putting himself through the wringer to get the weight down to ride Ol' Man River or maybe just to get back on track.

I'm torn between thinking that Ol' Man River is just out to place in the Guineas before going on to win the Derby like Australia did last year, or whether he's a little short of stamina on the Dams side to win the Derby. His Dosage Index says Derby winner, his stallion says Derby winner and his physique says he'll skate around Epsom.

Think it's time to back him for the Derby not the 2,000 Guineas, If he places in or wins the Guineas he'll be favourite for the Derby afterwards. I'm tempted to double Gleneagles in the 2,000 and Ol' Man River in the Derby, but those doubles never works out for me, but Ryan Moore is riding Gleneagles and that allays my doubts about Gleneagles price.

Fk it, I'll do the double. :)

Any gossip from Ballydoyle about the pecking order?

I got a private tour about 4months ago of coolmore and I was told then that they would be disappointed if ol man river didn't win the guiness and the Derby.

I backed him that day at 10/1 and 14/1 ante post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

I would be slow to make issue about which one Moore rides. After all, Joey would be around these horses more. Then, again, he picked the wrong one for the Derby in 2013.

Gleneagles won at Longchamp. If that was in England there would be little dispute about it.

Would wait till I see the draw, ie whose next to who.

I think the 2000 Guineas is one which Moore has yet to win

• Advertisement

I would be slow to make issue about which one Moore rides. After all, Joey would be around these horses more. Then, again, he picked the wrong one for the Derby in 2013.

Gleneagles won at Longchamp. If that was in England there would be little dispute about it.

Would wait till I see the draw, ie whose next to who.

I think the 2000 Guineas is one which Moore has yet to win

The draw has been made, OMR is in 2, Gleneagles is in 16

Advertisement