Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years of incorrect electricity meter classification (commercial when should have be

Options
  • 27-09-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey
    So recently moved out of a rented apartment in Cork to another in Kildare and discovered when closing my Cork electricity and gas provider account that the electricity meter had been listed incorrectly as a commercial meter and I have been paying as a commercial customer (bizarrely the gas meter for the same apartment was correctly listed as residential). Provider closed account fine but could not advise if I had over or under (hopefully not) paid as a result of this. Provider to contact ESB as they assigned the meter classification incorrectly. I contacted ESB who said they can't assist as it needs to go through the provider!

After over 6 years paying electricity as a commercial entity despite being a resident I wonder should I persue this or would the rates be similar (provider would not comment on this).

Advice appreciated!

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Does your bill say DG5 in the top right corner?

What standing charge per day were you paying on your last bill?

What unit charge ?

Is it a day/night meter?

Advertisement