Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got a text, €15 Tesco double data to 30gb and keep your credit

• 18-07-2020 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Well it's as stated above. Data doubled to 30gb per month plus unlimited calls for €15 and keep your credit to buy add ons.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is it 4g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Is it 4g?

Yes.

It's a good deal as the previous deal wasn't letting you keep your credit (unlike the older again deal, 10gb but 3g internet)

https://www.tescomobile.ie/prepay-plans.aspx

I just logged in and added my clubcard. A little annoyed though, as i had my clubcard registered for years for the extra points. Not sure if they deleted the details at some stage or they just weren't displayed when i logged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Wouldn't waste my time with Tesco mobile again after all the hassle in the past. Their network had serious issues whereby even in Dublin in wide open spaces for example you would be unable to call people but still have data or sometimes you would be able to call but have no data. They were as useful as a paper bag in a downpour. Got comreg involved but ultimately they could do nothing either, ended up paying off the last few months of the contract early just to get rid. As bad a Eir's/Gomo customer service is (VERY bad), their infrastructure is fairly decent meaning you won't have the same type of silly issues.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiktokboom

I was on the €20 unlimited data plan for ages meaning I only had to top up once a month but they ditched it and with the 15g plan now I'm running out of data after around two weeks meaning I have to top up just for data, the 30g should just about do me the month again 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tiktokboom wrote: »
    I was on the €20 unlimited data plan for ages meaning I only had to top up once a month but they ditched it and with the 15g plan now I'm running out of data after around two weeks meaning I have to top up just for data, the 30g should just about do me the month again 😀

Have you considered gomo? Better value provided your not in a signal blackspot.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

that's a good offer if you're after more data allowance.
    on the small print says the credit is gone after 28 days ( expires? ) so the best bang for the buck will be if you need more 4G data and pay for parking by txt alot , me thinks

@offtopic : i got a 3g 15e topup deal on a sim card, but got plenty of days with no signal/emergency calls only in the last 3 months, and the three network antennas gives full signal to the kids in same house, but emergency calls only to me ( not a infrastructure issue, just tesco network software gremlins at work... )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tiktokboom wrote: »
    I was on the €20 unlimited data plan for ages meaning I only had to top up once a month but they ditched it and with the 15g plan now I'm running out of data after around two weeks meaning I have to top up just for data, the 30g should just about do me the month again ��

As Dopetech mentioned Gomo.
    You also have Virgin, Eir and Three with unlimited data, all running 5+ months offers.
    Just see which one is bested suited to you starting from €5 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's not really keep credit, it expires after 28 days...
    There is no carryover of Offer benefits allowance following any 28-day period. This includes the €15 Plan credit which has a 28-day expiry.
    https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-prepay-15.aspx

The only possible way to extend use beyond 28 days is to buy add ons before (or on) day 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

DopeTech wrote: »
    Have you considered gomo? Better value provided your not in a signal blackspot.

Yea I have had gomo. But the tesco deal is pre-pay which I prefer. Also I top up and on day 28 I buy a text and data add on which does me for the following month. So technically I'm spending €7.50 per month.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Do you get to pick who you go on the double date with or do Tesco provide them for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭vectra

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As Dopetech mentioned Gomo.
    You also have Virgin, Eir and Three with unlimited data, all running 5+ months offers.
    Just see which one is bested suited to you starting from €5 a month.

Is the Virgin €5 month for 5 months prepay or bill?
    Could be a plan for my wife as she rarely uses her phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

castle2012 wrote: »
    Well it's as stated above. Data doubled to 30gb per month plus unlimited calls for €15 and keep your credit to buy add ons.

Old offer (I'm still on it) was to keep the credit forever, so I can top-up 15, another 15 after a month and once another month passes, live on that accumulated €30 for another month, sometimes two. This seems you keep your credit only for the duration of 28 days, when you already have unlimited calls. You can buy data add-on while you still have the credit, but no calls add-ons I am aware of.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea I have had gomo. But the tesco deal is pre-pay which I prefer. Also I top up and on day 28 I buy a text and data add on which does me for the following month. So technically I'm spending €7.50 per month.

You can use Tesco boost if you are getting Tesco coupons already to further reduce the cost - it would cost you 2.50 a month then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Ten Pin wrote: »
    [/url]

The only possible way to extend use beyond 28 days is to buy add ons before (or on) day 28.

That's pretty clever. I rarely use my 15gb and never use sms, often I only realise I'm out of credit when my spotify stops when I'm out of my house.
    So a data bundle would give me a few more weeks providing i buy some actual credit for phonecalls - which for me involve saying "hello and goodbye"

Bit of messing but might save a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

vectra wrote: »
    Is the Virgin €5 month for 5 months prepay or bill?
    Could be a plan for my wife as she rarely uses her phone.

Bill.

yeh wha?

antodeco wrote: »
    Do you get to pick who you go on the double date with or do Tesco provide them for you?

Not sure about that

grogi wrote: »
    You can use Tesco boost if you are getting Tesco coupons already to further reduce the cost - it would cost you 2.50 a month then...
    Yea that's a great idea. I must give that go. Thanks

So a data bundle would give me a few more weeks

Addons can be stacked....individual add ons last 28 days...buying another add-on adds both allowances and duration cumulatively
    3.5 If a second bundle is purchased while a bundle is already active, the effect will be to extend the life of the original bundle by the number of days in the second bundle.
    https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-prepay.aspx

Buy a 5GB add-on for 10e on day 28. Wait a few minutes to confirm the add-on is active. Then buy a 1GB add-on for 5e which should give 6GB for use over 56 days. Not a huge allowance but better than letting credit expire.

Addons can be stacked....individual add ons last 28 days...buying another add-on adds both allowances and duration cumulatively

Buy a 5GB add-on for 10e on day 28. Wait a few minutes to confirm the add-on is active. Then buy a 1GB add-on for 5e which should give 6GB for use over 56 days. Not a huge allowance but better than letting credit expire.

I didn't know you could do that over 56 days. That's excellent. I mainly use WhatsApp and messenger so suits perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I think you got it wrong - every time you will have only 28 days left not +28 days.

I think you got it wrong - every time you will have only 28 days left not +28 days.

It definitely works on a cumulative basis on the legacy 3G plan. This is how they explained it on their website, the page has been edited but here's the cached version...
    If you purchase a new data once off Add-on before an existing once off data Add-on has expired, both the remaining data allowance and expiry date are extended by the new data Add-on purchase e.g. if you have 10 days and 500MB left from your initial 28 day Add-on when you purchase a new 28 day data Add-on you will now have 38 days of data usage with a 1524MB data allowance.

http://web.archive.org/web/20190603224558/https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

It definitely works on a cumulative basis on the legacy 3G plan. This is how they explained it on their website, the page has been edited but here's the cached version...

http://web.archive.org/web/20190603224558/https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

It doesn't work like that for me... On the legacy 3G plan.

It doesn't work like that for me... On the legacy 3G plan.

The SMS that Tesco send giving the expiry date for the second data add on is incorrect. They quote 28 days from when the second add on is bought but if you do a balance check by dialling *100# (and/or logging in to website) it should show the correct expiry date as the 56th day after the first add on was purchased...provided the second add on is bought before the first one expires.

This may be different on 4G plan and there may be an issue with buying 2 add ons on same day (which you would need to do if the credit was due to expire on day 28)....maybe someone on 4G plan buying data add ons can confirm if it works the same as 3G plan.

Advertisement