Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots

Options
  • 28-06-2020 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Why would an ex randomly start taking screenshots of my snap chat stories after years of no contact?

Recently an ex from about 3 years ago has started taking screenshots of my snapchat stories. I personally stopped watching his stories after the breakup, but it didn't put me up or down if he watched mine. I just found it odd that a few months ago he started taking screenshots of my stories so I blocked him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How do you know he's taking screen shots??

cj maxx wrote: »
    How do you know he's taking screen shots??

Snapchat detects when a screenshot has been taken and alerts you.

Why would an ex randomly start taking screenshots of my snap chat stories after years of no contact?

Recently an ex from about 3 years ago has started taking screenshots of my snapchat stories. I personally stopped watching his stories after the breakup, but it didn't put me up or down if he watched mine. I just found it odd that a few months ago he started taking screenshots of my stories so I blocked him

My only explanation is he misses you and likes to see you. Snapchat stories are fleeting moments and he wants something to look at.

I sympathize.

• Administrators Posts: 13,768 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Why are you still connected on Snapchat? Specifically if you don't look at his stuff or communicate?
    - Maybe he's interested in your stories
    - Maybe he misses you
    - Maybe he thinks your posts are ridiculously banal and mundane and saves them to share/laugh with his friends
    - Maybe he's crying over you and wanting to feel close to you again

There's endless maybes.
    The only person who can answer with any real certainty is your ex.

Why not ask him?
    Or, if you don't want to communicate with him, remove him from your Snapchat.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Whatever it is its odd, so I'd just block him from viewing your stories if not block him altogether.

He could be adding them to the **** bank or roasting you in a group chat, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

This. You’ve got an easy fix for it that you’re surely aware of but choosing not to take. Why is that OP?

If it’s anything along the lines of “I want them to see I’m happy without them/I enjoy knowing they’re still watching me/I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I deleted them”, then these are toxic thought patterns that you’re engaging in that’s contributing towards this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Raspberryrolls

As I said in my op I've blocked him

Thinking about it I don't know why we're still connected on snapchat, I don't think I've ever deleted anyone of snapchat, I just don't watch they're stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

There seems to have been lots of people contacting / thinking about their exes since the lockdown started...

Have read a few articles about it in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 247365

Why are you still connected on Snapchat?

Why not ask him?

She said in her op that she blocked him

• Registered Users Posts: 4 247365

leggo wrote: »
    This. You’ve got an easy fix for it that you’re surely aware of but choosing not to take. Why is that OP?

If it’s anything along the lines of “I want them to see I’m happy without them/I enjoy knowing they’re still watching me/I don’t want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I deleted them”, then these are toxic thought patterns that you’re engaging in that’s contributing towards this issue.

She already said she blocked him
    Implying she has "toxic thought patterns" because she hadn't deleted an ex from Snapchat seems really unreasonable

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,768 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

247365, welcome to Personal Issues.

Personal Issues is an advice forum where posters are expected to offer advice to the OP when posting. Please familiarise yourself with the Charter before posting again.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Seems obvious to me he is still a bit in love with you. I feel similar about some people from my past.

Some people can just forget about previous relationships and partners and mentally dump all their feelings for them, others can't or don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This happened months ago and you blocked him? Why is it concerning you now?

Notauser20 wrote: »
    This happened months ago and you blocked him? Why is it concerning you now?

It started months ago, I blocked him I think the day before or the day I started this thread as he had taken another screenshot. I don't post many stories so in those few months he probably took 4/5 screenshots

I suppose what I should have said in my first post is I'm wondering if this is an unusual situation or if it's happened to others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

I don’t use Snapchat but even I know you are notified if someone takes a screenshot.

My opinion he did that knowing you would get notification and likely assumed you would contact him..

Advertisement