Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear to an online interview ?

Options
  • 03-06-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am sure this has come up in a thread somewhere already but cant see it anywhere. What are people thoughts about this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Nice jacket and shirt. Might be able to get away with pj bottoms or dark tracksuit bottoms. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Nice jacket and shirt. Might be able to get away with pj bottoms or dark tracksuit bottoms. :)

Until the camera slips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Don’t wear your superman or Donald Duck’s ones so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NSAman

Mankini?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If you own a suit ,wear the suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Is that your Mr. Flanagan?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Out of interest assuming it was a zoom interview did you and interview panel wear a headset ?
    A friend of mine is doing one year Zoom and asked me whether to wear a headset or not?
    I couldn’t tell them yes or no as I’ve had no experience of a zoom interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There is no real guideline on headsets. We don't when interviewing but that's also because we are in a nice quiet office. Usually candidates have not worn headsets but if the need arose, I don't see why not. I would go for the more subtle ear buds if possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

White shirt, a nice tie and a pair of dark jeans. Couldn't see below my waist anyway so it made no real difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I take it as a traditional interview and prefer dress shirt with dress pant or jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Honestly, wear what you would to a normal interview. Even if they can't see your bottom half, it will inspire confidence and a sense of professionalism in you, will prepare you for future interviews in the unfortunate event you don't get a job and may also be a requirement of the company you work for to be at least "smart" dressed. Get in good habits now and they will never leave you....unless its cash Friday

Advertisement