Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Droichead - what to expect

Options
  • 17-05-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I've just finished up my Primary PME so am just wondering if someone could give me some idea of what to expect with Droichead if I manage to find a position in a school in which to do it next year? I believe it is quite tough but just how tough exactly? Should I be expecting another year of endless paperwork etc. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

You might be best to try the forum on educationposts.ie There are loads of great posts and tips on there for Droichead. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I did 50 days Dip with the Inspectorate and did Droichead the following year and it was by far a better and much more supportive experience. All the paperwork felt relevant whereas with the old Dip it just felt like an endless box ticking exercise. Your colleagues are there to guide you and the observation of colleagues and of other settings was really valuable. Lots of people don't get to do that, but there is sub cover and I found it really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I didn't find Droichead tough at all. There was no stress or anything with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Why do they keep weaponizing the Irish language by attaching it to every bull**** program the teaching council announces?

Advertisement