Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a kitten and I LOVE HIM!!

Options
  • 22-12-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

I got a kitten for my boy for Christmas and gave it to him three days ago... and I can't believe how much fun he is! I've never been a cat person, but I am head over heels in love with this little baby cat!!

He's so cute, and furry, and loves to snuggle. Little tasks are impossible to do cos he's always playing. He's constantly stepping on the keyboard, chewing on paper or jumping from one sofa to the other!

He's currently asleep in my hood! Aw............. SO cute!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Awwwww.... Nothing comes close to the joy of having a kitten around:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Show us a pic? I've had cats all my life, love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Lillylilly wrote: »

Awesome kitten. Awesome name.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Takk wrote: »
    Awesome kitten. Awesome name.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Oh lord above SO CUTE! God aren't kittens just wonderful? They make the world a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

God i hate cats but congratulations op. Dogs are a much better pet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

he is adorable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Anyone else ever get a piece of string and let the kitten keep running around after it, clawing at it? Hours of entertainment!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck with him Lillylilly.

I grew up with cats... they are fecking great..!

Girlfriend's not a big fan of cats though so we had to settle with a dog... but he's a little legend though!

Fudge (when we got him):
    n51942971010438164029.jpg

Fudge (last weekend, a year later):
    16442209953789710519429.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Was never a big cat person, until I visited my cousin in South Shields back in August. His fianceé's sister was looking after two little kittens, and I have to say they were just the loveliest, cutest little things I'd ever seen! So playful and funny.

Kittens are awesome!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Awww :) Very similar colouring to my cat

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

When I read the title I heard a six year olds voice , not a cat person but it looks nice OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    When I read the title I heard a six year olds voice , not a cat person but it looks nice OP :)

Haha, six plus twenty!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Lillylilly wrote: »
    Haha, six plus twenty!!!!!!
    is ????:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I LOVE kittens thats why I now have five grown up cats :p
    He's a lovey just make sure you take loads of pictures while he's a baby cos you'll really regret it otherwise.
    Hey a kitten photo thread would be a really good idea for this forum whatcha's reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I love my cat to bits, I've had her six and a half years. I wasn't a big cat person until I got her and now I wouldn't be with out one. Oh yeah and the neighbors kitten may or may not be asleep on my bed right now ;), I just think it's too cold for the poor little thing to be outside.

Here are some of my toerags...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

Ever since i went to college my cat has gotten obese... DO NOT kno what my mam is feedin it like!!!! Thinkin of bringin him with me.. plus a ***** i live with is allergic!! would that be mean?? would it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Ever since i went to college my cat has gotten obese... DO NOT kno what my mam is feedin it like!!!! Thinkin of bringin him with me.. plus a ***** i live with is allergic!! would that be mean?? would it??

Yes. Yes it would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Bear looks just like my little kitty Brody.. So cute!

Congratulations :)

I've been inthe same dilema for the last few years, I decided to leave her with my parents even though she is huge by them and all my cats are super sleek because they don't like moving house very much and I wasn't very settled at the time and I lived in the city and my parents live onthe side of a mountain in the stix. Now that I am settled she's just to old for the stress.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

26583795_06e7bd411b.jpg quincy

Ever since i went to college my cat has gotten obese... DO NOT kno what my mam is feedin it like!!!!

Maybe they're feeding him cheap cat food, my mum buys the lidl stuff and Its way worse than the expensive brands. You could always go to the vet and buy the weight loss cat food and just leave stacks of it at your mums and keep the supply stocked up whenever you visit and he may lose weight then.
    Maybe no ones playing with him anymore now you're gone and he's just not getting any exercise. Locking them outside (during the day) when the weather's good helps too cos they get bored and eventually go off wandering and burn a few calories.

argosy2006 wrote: »
    26583795_06e7bd411b.jpg quincy

Wow never seen a kitten like that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

puppy.jpg
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Congrats OP. Getting a cat was the best things me and my OH ever did. He brins so much joy to our house and makes it feel like a home. We love him to bits and he is the most spoiled cat in the world. He has eaten nothing but ham and chicken the last few days.

His birthday is on the 3rd January and he'll be turning one, so no longer a kitten anymore. My OH said to me the other day, he'll always be my kitten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ant043 wrote: »
    God i hate cats but congratulations op. Dogs are a much better pet imo.

Was that necessary? This is supposed to be a happy forum. I don't think telling someone who is excited that they got a kitten that you hate cats counts as happy. Please read the forum charter (short as it is!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I love kittens, could sit watching them play for hours!!!
    You never realise how much you tap your foot or fidget with your hands til you get a kitten... you're sitting there watching TV and next thing kitty pounces!!! Ha ha ha! If only they stayed kittens forever... though the curtains would never last if they did :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh he's a little beauty OP - love his blue eyes.

I love cats - and adore kittens. They're amazing and hilarious! :D

Advertisement