Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd rather be reading

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane

Didn't really enjoy this, think it was my state of mind rather than the book though.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

Just a bit of comfort reading

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling

Finals have turned my brain to complete mush, so I'm revisiting these childhood favourites - it's like travelling back in time, I instantly feel nine years old again :)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling

• Advertisement

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling

I've broken the streak now though, having reread this I'm giving the Harry Potter a break for a while.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

This is Kingsolver's story of her family's mission to live for a year on only local, organic produce, most of which they grew or raised themselves. The story is a triumph, Kingsolver's warmth and wit make this book a delight. A mix of information, anecdotes, reflections on life and food in general, Kingsolver's book really inspired me - would certainly spur anyone on to aspire to a more sustainable diet, if not for the health benefits to ourselves, but for the benefits to the planet.

5/5 Highly recommended

Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis

A light hearted, whimsical romp - a good Christmas read

The Crow by Alison Croggan

Follow up in the Pellinor series, popcorn reading really.

The Singing by Alison Croggan

Final book in the Pellinor series, no great literature, but entertaining reading.

• Advertisement

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling

Not a full length book, but a short collection of short stories as described in the last Harry Potter. I'd postponed reading this for years, felt a little sad finishing it, never again to read a Harry Potter work for the first time.

Medalon by Jennifer Fallon

Very enjoyable fantasy fare

Meant to say in the last post, but as the year winds to a close I think I'll end my log at this point, don't have so much time anymore, thanks for reading!

Advertisement