Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Captains poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You lose ground during the United match that week, but not during the rest of the week. If you look at it from a weekend as a whole, if your captain outscores Bruno you gain ground, otherwise you lose ground.

It's like that most seasons with someone like Aguero, Kane, it's just more obvious this year because every game is in its own time slot.

More and more tools become visible as the years go on, like livefpl - showing real time scores and impact of others on team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

DCL is really tempting me now. Those fixtures are just so good with Soton bang out of form. Also recently saw a graphic which showed WBA concede more shots on target from inside the yard box than anyone else in the league which is prime DCL territory.

Only thing is I have Digne as well. I feel like having two Everton players might be investment enough without captaining one of them.

Will probably go with Kane in the end. With both Reguilon and Aurier back now he should be getting better service than recently and I see Spurs scoring a few more goals

• Registered Users Posts: 32,919 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bruno starting last night has me edging towards Salah.

I kind of regretted having made transfers in advance as I think I would have made moves to bring in Kane if I’d known I was gonna fall out of love with the Bruno TC idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

CSF wrote: »
    Bruno starting last night has me edging towards Salah.

I kind of regretted having made transfers in advance as I think I would have made moves to bring in Kane if I’d known I was gonna fall out of love with the Bruno TC idea.

For what it's worth, he only played 45 mins last night and rested at HT. Hit the bar. For someone who is never rested, getting 45 mins off is pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Most likely use TC, but no idea who yet, Fernandes, DCL, Vardy, Son or Salah?

• Advertisement

For what it's worth, he only played 45 mins last night and rested at HT. Hit the bar. For someone who is never rested, getting 45 mins off is pretty big.

I don’t expect him to be benched in either game. What I am worried about is what happens after 60 mins against Palace if they’re 2 nil up.

The only game he was benched in so far this season was before City the last time. Do I think that means they’ll do it again? No. Do I still think it’s a game that they will take him off before if he can? Yes.

Could Man United be 2 nil up thanks to 2 Bruno goals when he gets subbed off? Absolutely, but his 2 returns in the last game were a ropey enough penalty and an accidental assist.

Bruno is a phenomenon but United have made hard work of Newcastle, West Brom, Sheff United and Fulham in the last 7 games.

These are the exact same criticisms we’d level at Liverpool and Salah, but Bruno has come up with the goals so we can get a little bit bogged down with outcome bias (of course it’s also nuts to completely ignore the outcome in FPL either)

Mourinho on Harry Kane

"In the Premier League he [Vinicius] is going to play because we have so many matches that Kane cannot play every match."

Its almost as if Mourinho has more interest in playing mindgames with FPL managers than the lad in the opposition dugout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Mourinho on Harry Kane

"In the Premier League he [Vinicius] is going to play because we have so many matches that Kane cannot play every match."

Its almost as if Mourinho has more interest in playing mindgames with FPL managers than the lad in the opposition dugout.

Imagine TC Kane and he doesnt start vs Burnleys. :pac:

Imagine TC Kane and he doesnt start vs Burnleys. :pac:
    I think the Fulham game is the bigger risk. Thursday night before they play on Sunday.

I mean, clearly I think he starts both games because this has always been the case, but the one that comes shortly before another game is always the one where you're like 'well maybe'.

Hard to imagine he doesn't start Burnley, Fulham and Palace, and the interesting thing about Burnley and Fulham is that I think they're both good enough defensively, and Spurs poor enough offensively, that Spurs won't be out of sight and able to sub him.

I think the Fulham game is the bigger risk. Thursday night before they play on Sunday.

I mean, clearly I think he starts both games because this has always been the case, but the one that comes shortly before another game is always the one where you're like 'well maybe'.

Hard to imagine he doesn't start Burnley, Fulham and Palace, and the interesting thing about Burnley and Fulham is that I think they're both good enough defensively, and Spurs poor enough offensively, that Spurs won't be out of sight and able to sub him.

I hate captaining any1 against Burnley.

if they dont perform well defensively then Pope will have 1 of those days.

all in all very frustrating, as long as Mee and Tarkowski start I dont see much joy for Spurs

• Advertisement

I hate captaining any1 against Burnley.

if they dont perform well defensively then Pope will have 1 of those days.

all in all very frustrating, as long as Mee and Tarkowski start I dont see much joy for Spurs

I’m afraid of his ownership at my rank but those are seriously unappealing fixtures masked by league position.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

I don’t expect him to be benched in either game. What I am worried about is what happens after 60 mins against Palace if they’re 2 nil up.

The only game he was benched in so far this season was before City the last time. Do I think that means they’ll do it again? No. Do I still think it’s a game that they will take him off before if he can? Yes.

Could Man United be 2 nil up thanks to 2 Bruno goals when he gets subbed off? Absolutely, but his 2 returns in the last game were a ropey enough penalty and an accidental assist.

Bruno is a phenomenon but United have made hard work of Newcastle, West Brom, Sheff United and Fulham in the last 7 games.

These are the exact same criticisms we’d level at Liverpool and Salah, but Bruno has come up with the goals so we can get a little bit bogged down with outcome bias (of course it’s also nuts to completely ignore the outcome in FPL either)

United rarely make any subs on 60 mins and Fernandes strips when subbed even 5 mins early. Would be very surprised to see him substituted at all especially before 85 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 24 singmeasongy

Was looking at an Everton for a Captain. Can see them scoring in both games v Southampton and West Brom.

Calvin Lewin. Will be in alot of rival teams. Most transfered IN forward
    Richarlison. Form would suggest he starts. Streaky player plays well with Cal
    Rodriguez. Will he play both games? Good for a goal/assist in both these games if starts. Seems to get taken off around the 60 mins mark alot.

Changed my mind and went Richarlison out Watkins IN.

Villa play Leeds/Sheffield Utd. Watkins not scored in last 2 but will start both games. Grealish missing against Leeds may limit Villa's creative play but Leeds always liable to ship goals even if they manage to win the match. Sheffield Utd are pretty much relegated and awful defence so another good game for watty.
    So taking a chance on Captain him and hopefully get a decent enough return.
    Need to take a punt this double g/w to make up some ground

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Thoughts on DCL as captain? I brought him in for a -4 and I just don’t think Spurs have been good enough to warrant captaining Kane. Jose’s presser placing the seed of doubt whether Kane will get 180 across both games. I know DCL is just back from injury but have to feel he will play close to 90 in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Seriously considering Mahrez, good bit behind in ML and sort of last throw of dice for me this season...anyone joining the mahrez train!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

As far as stats go .

Vardy favourite club to score against is .ya you guessed it
    In prem league is

The Gunners goners guns . ...

11 goals in 10 games
    It gives us all a headache
    Tc on kane vardy or barnes
    Is my headache now .
    I might chance the vardy stats
    And i hope var dy doesnt mess it up

As far as stats go .

Vardy favourite club to score against is .ya you guessed it
    In prem league is

The Gunners goners guns . ...

11 goals in 10 games
    It gives us all a headache
    Tc on kane vardy or barnes
    Is my headache now .
    I might chance the vardy stats
    And i hope var dy doesnt mess it up

He does tend to score 1 goal a game though.

Maddison is out - so like just thread carefully.

I wasted TC on salah back in GW 19 or 20.. if I had a TC now I would strongly consider bruno, who is just FPL points magnet. (he could have a very big haul vs palace, very)

Seriously considering Mahrez, good bit behind in ML and sort of last throw of dice for me this season...anyone joining the mahrez train!!

Go for Foden. even gutsier

Hah gutsier is actually a spelled correctly :pac:

He does tend to score 1 goal a game though.

Maddison is out - so like just thread carefully.

I wasted TC on salah back in GW 19 or 20.. if I had a TC now I would strongly consider bruno, who is just FPL points magnet. (he could have a very big haul vs palace, very)
    Mmm ya bruno has been lucky really penalties central .he is fantasy material but his luck has to run out sumtime .penalties wont always be given . But ya vardy v gunners .shud b ideal .away to burnley tho is the annoyin fixture for the foxes .but gunners are there for the taking . plus there long trip from greece cud mess dem over big time . But ya whoever we tc is a gamble cause of the hectic schedule .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kane.....feels like he's due a haul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Mmm ya bruno has been lucky really penalties central .he is fantasy material but his luck has to run out sumtime .penalties wont always be given . But ya vardy v gunners .shud b ideal .away to burnley tho is the annoyin fixture for the foxes .but gunners are there for the taking . plus there long trip from greece cud mess dem over big time . But ya whoever we tc is a gamble cause of the hectic schedule .

20 goal involvements in 25 games, some luck! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

munster87 wrote: »
    20 goal involvements in 25 games, some luck! :rolleyes:

To be fair, some of the recent games had some spawny points - Fulham & Newcastle assists for example. And then there is the matter of the penalties against Southampton & Newcastle after blatant dives.

He eats up the bonus points after those points too which makes him the biggest captain option most weeks. Other players can score the only goal in a game or the winning goal, but still get no bonus points. Sterling the prime example.

Fitz* wrote: »
    To be fair, some of the recent games had some spawny points - Fulham & Newcastle assists for example. And then there is the matter of the penalties against Southampton & Newcastle after blatant dives.

He eats up the bonus points after those points too which makes him the biggest captain option most weeks. Other players can score the only goal in a game or the winning goal, but still get no bonus points. Sterling the prime example.

I didn't bother counting any of the penalties. 27 in 25 if you do.

I think I'm gonna captain Kane anyway though :pac:

Even though i have been talkin about var dy and var vey barnes but i voted for tc var ry kane i think you should always go with your first choice or basic instinct. So tc kane it will be .
    Bruno varnandes hasnt the same ring to it compared to the others but no doubt he will get a peno or 2 for a few more dives here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was on Kane but I'm gonna move to DCL, for now.

I just don't trust Spurs to get more than 2 goals in any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Settling on De Bruyne.

The fact that he didn't even make the poll speaks volumes for how much of a differential he is, only owned by 12%, two home games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Even though i have been talkin about var dy and var vey barnes but i voted for tc var ry kane i think you should always go with your first choice or basic instinct. So tc kane it will be .
    Bruno varnandes hasnt the same ring to it compared to the others but no doubt he will get a peno or 2 for a few more dives here and there

I’m a Liverpool fan and you are once again talking complete bollox about Bruno. A fantastic player who dives less than Salah, and who is a points magnet. In fact I’m throwing the TC on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Settling on De Bruyne.

The fact that he didn't even make the poll speaks volumes for how much of a differential he is, only owned by 12%, two home games

As we get closer to the deadline I'm leaning more towards this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Think it's madness to consider a City option unless you are desperately behind and looking for a differential. Such a huge risk to try pick a player who will play both.

In a week where you have proven stalwarts like Salah, Bruno and Kane who will almost certainly play both and have some decent fixtures, and also DCL as an option who will surely start both.

I'm going Kane in the end i think.

Advertisement