Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of selling my ZX Spectrum Next, what price?

Options
  • 09-02-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not using it at all, carefully opened and used 3 or 4 times.
    It's from the first kickstarter and has wifi. Also comes with a physical copy of Warhawk.
    All in Mint condition.

What do you think would be a fair price if putting this up on Adverts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭itguyinaction

If you still want to sell it, it's better to sell it as quick as possible. They expected new editions but due to corona they are delayed, which currently has the impact on second hand computers prices (means they are quite high). Me personally I would be interested in buying one but I don't feel any pressure thus I would wait for better prices (in this case lower :P).

Btw, there is one on ebay now for 5500 EUR but I don't believe that anyone buy it at this price... https://www.ebay.pl/itm/284044422473?hash=item42225ded49:g:Tm4AAOSwTmBfhfh9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to remind folks that there is no buying or selling in the main forum.
    The marketplace is the only location, and even then the Spectrum Next is too modern a computer.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I had one on adverts for 500 euro that didn't sell (with the intention of buying the 2nd edition and having beer money left over!) I also stuck it on eBay for 600 and someone with zero feedback instantly bought it and I panicked and cancelled the bid.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Do you have any update when new versions/editions of ZX Spectrum Next would be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Most recent update last week was..

"we will be ready to manufacture in mid-September, depending only on the availability of the parts to assemble the computers"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah from reading the update it sounds like they have been heavily hit as well by the chip shortge

No idea why they didn't do the board redesign before launching the 2nd Kickstarter, a good few months were wasted with that process. But it wouldn't be a Next Kickstarter without delays I suppose.

I didn't back it, but looking forward to the upgraded pi functionality they are presumably adding. They won't release the new software version until they start delivering this Kickstarter. I have extra ram for my Next but I only want to open it once, to add the ram, and update the pi micro SD (and change it out for the required larger memory size)

That would be a great info. I'm just curious if they keep the previous price or increase... And when will they deliver them to homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So June 2023 is the current due date for the Next, mostly down to the 65 week lead time on the new FPGA's...

• Advertisement

yeah bit of a bummer, so looking at a nearly 2 year delay as it was supposed to be out last autumn sometime

The new OS enhancements coming soon look great (for those of us who have a Next or N-Go). Wonder if OP ever sold their Next. I think It might be a good time to sell with the news of further delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Is there anyway I can get my name down for one of these still ?

Not at the moment, once they finally ship the ones from the second Kickstarter they may sell them online. Or you could pay over the odds on eBay, Facebook groups etc. Can't see them doing a third Kickstarter since the trials and tribulations of this and the last one but you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Only just noticed but there is a ZX Spectrum Next core for the Mister FPGA, might not be a cheaper way to experience the Next though

An N-Go would be a cheaper way. It's a like for like clone of the Next (first Kickstarter version) and 100% compatible. The board only N-Go is under 150 euro but sellers often stick them in a repro rubber key Speccy shell (for a premium)

Advertisement