Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Kilkee

KZsxmGi.jpg
    vv2Q01J.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Fitz II

tc20 wrote: »
    Nice reg on this Aston in Bray recently - see it around quite a bit

Have to say I find the james bond thing really sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Fitz II wrote: »
    Have to say I find the james bond thing really sad...
    I'd say you're a blast at parties :pac:

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'd say you're a blast at parties :pac:

No I turn up with a tux and finger guns, and introduce myself as "bobby" "fun bobby".....

Look your driving around in a Aston Martin with a customised james bond plate. Unless you look the part, your bald head and fat belly will just be a source of hilarity for those what watch you struggle to get out of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

No I turn up with a tux and finger guns, and introduce myself as "bobby" "fun bobby".....

Look your driving around in a Aston Martin with a customised james bond plate. Unless you look the part, your bald head and fat belly will just be a source of hilarity for those what watch you struggle to get out of it....

I'm guessing your aston martin doesn't have a 007 plate? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

gary550 wrote: »
    I'm guessing your aston martin doesn't have a 007 plate? :rolleyes:

I’m with fitz here....I know it’s just a bit of fun, but ultimately a bit tragic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Let's give them benefit and assume that the current owner is not the original first owner that ordered it

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

So you know the owner? You sound so jealous....very sad.

dsaint1 wrote: »
    So you know the owner? You sound so jealous....very sad.

Not jealous of a 35k 13 year old car. Like Astons in general, although the design and specs of the DB9 is aging a bit now,. My dislike here is the forced james bond connection. Having a D - 08 - 9 reg is fine, but the 007 thing is naff. IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It was 2007 celtic Tiger era, a lot of "naff" things happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

Not jealous of a 35k 13 year old car. Like Astons in general, although the design and specs of the DB9 is aging a bit now,. My dislike here is the forced james bond connection. Having a D - 08 - 9 reg is fine, but the 007 thing is naff. IMHO

I'm sure you'd hate to be driving a DB9 alright.

conor-w wrote: »

Would be a bit of a downgrade to be honest, but thats not really the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/53283763.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Aston Martin from 08 may be cheaper than brand new spark Dacia but then maintance price come and if someone say he/she got more expansive car than €36k Aston makes no sense. It sound like: I can afford to buy this car but can't afford to keep it.

I recently bought Lexus IS300h and I could buy C63 AMG which is more fun, sound better and drives better but I couldn't afford to fix it, to tax it etc. Well I could afford it but being left qith no savings at the end of the year make no sense same like telling someone his reg are stupid... It's okay to have 911 on Porsche, its okay to have D-89 on Aston, its okay to have 599, 458, 488 on any Ferrari but it's not okay to have 1007 on Aston... what a bulls**t you talking about. With your thinking that reg should be on Peugeot 1007 and it be fine then because noone would read it as James Bond plate.

At the end of a day it's only a bit of plastic/metal kind of ID on nice car and for me it's car what matter not reg.

Thougt that car was posted in relation to Sean Connery (James Bond) dead but then we have arguing about reg. Have to remember to photoshop any controversial reg out of photos in future.

Aston Martin from 08 may be cheaper than brand new spark Dacia but then maintance price come and if someone say he/she got more expansive car than €36k Aston makes no sense. It sound like: I can afford to buy this car but can't afford to keep it.

I recently bought Lexus IS300h and I could buy C63 AMG which is more fun, sound better and drives better but I couldn't afford to fix it, to tax it etc. Well I could afford it but being left qith no savings at the end of the year make no sense same like telling someone his reg are stupid... It's okay to have 911 on Porsche, its okay to have D-89 on Aston, its okay to have 599, 458, 488 on any Ferrari but it's not okay to have 1007 on Aston... what a bulls**t you talking about. With your thinking that reg should be on Peugeot 1007 and it be fine then because noone would read it as James Bond plate.

At the end of a day it's only a bit of plastic/metal kind of ID on nice car and for me it's car what matter not reg.

Thougt that car was posted in relation to Sean Connery (James Bond) dead but then we have arguing about reg. Have to remember to photoshop any controversial reg out of photos in future.

Owned a porsche with a 911 reg couple of years back, and a m4 for a few years with a reg XXX D 444, the reg was describing the cars, not the the suave fictional spy I am drawing similarities to myself because I am driving it. If that difference is lost on ye, lets agree to disagree. Dont begrudge the guy the car, just think that reg is poxy, discussion forum and all that.

Owned a porsche with a 911 reg couple of years back, and a m4 for a few years with a reg XXX D 444, the reg was describing the cars, not the the suave fictional spy I am drawing similarities to myself because I am driving it. If that difference is lost on ye, lets agree to disagree. Dont begrudge the guy the car, just think that reg is poxy, discussion forum and all that.

Some nice cars you had. Fair play to you.

What I ment by my post is that I don't understand your reaction about reg. We don't even know if 1st owner of it reserved that reg or maybe just got it. I'm mad about numbers but didn't even cop that '007' part until I read your post.

Please do not get me like I attack you or something but there is 01 or 02 VW Passat with reg WW4444 on my carpark but I don't think it mean owner of it wanted his car to be seen as M4.

In 99% cases of irish reg's they mean nothing to me, just a numbers.

Oh, so he's loaded, "I'm not jealous of a 13 year old 35k car" is still a bellend statement really.

Some nice cars you had. Fair play to you.

What I ment by my post is that I don't understand your reaction about reg. We don't even know if 1st owner of it reserved that reg or maybe just got it. I'm mad about numbers but didn't even cop that '007' part until I read your post.

Please do not get me like I attack you or something but there is 01 or 02 VW Passat with reg WW4444 on my carpark but I don't think it mean owner of it wanted his car to be seen as M4.

In 99% cases of irish reg's they mean nothing to me, just a numbers.

I think you are conflating two different things. I have no issues with a car with a reg that somehow describes the car, in Ireland its a hard thing to do. However a 007 reg on a Aston martin is not describing the car, its describing the driver. If you had a Ferrari in the UK with a 458 reg thats cool, but If you have a reg that says SHU MCKR its kind cringe. Think I have tried to make my point enough now on this.

Sometimes we can have negative opinions on things, doesn't mean I am a bad person or that the owner of the car is a bad person, only that I dont like it. And I have no ulterior motive, not jealousy, spite or beguggery....and if my best friend got that car tomorrow, I would say to his face "Jesus nice car, but that plate dude!, everyone will be disappointed when you get out of it instead of Daniel Craig"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

License to bore.

Better movie this one...

50555942142_681a7ecb90.jpg[/url]

Fitz II got you now.

• Advertisement

Oh, so he's loaded, "I'm not jealous of a 13 year old 35k car" is still a bellend statement really.

I think I have explained myself well and without resorting to calling anyone names. I think that your post above is far worse than me giving out about a registration plate...Did I hurt your feelings?

I think I have explained myself well and without resorting to calling anyone names. I think that your post above is far worse than me giving out about a registration plate...Did I hurt your feelings?

I just don't think any of your posts came across very well, but I'll survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

I see this all the time doing the school run.

It just screams at me, fecking oodles of money, zero taste

531454.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I really hope that one Big Friendly Giant owns that camry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

What's with the yellow trim? Taste-free zone right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

spotted in Bray yesterday..
    I've said it before, I think the designers of the RS3 saloon, and the M2 got the proportions absolutely spot on - a proper compact sports saloon harking back to the era of the E30 M3 / MB190 Cosworth.

531977.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

Have to agree tc20, the A3 salon and the M2 are the great designs. Shame BMW seem to have lost the plot with new designs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Doug Demuro in Coolock...

50584187606_cd4e2a8b58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I saw a MG ZS EV today, with Irish plates, I couldn't take a photo as the owner was standing next to it, I was so surprised to see one that I didn't take in too much info i.e I think it was a 191 reg :confused:

I'm guessing it must be a import?! or is there a dealer here?

Looks like this a Hyundai ix35 with a Mazda front!!

mg_-_zs_ev_-_press_kit_-_009.jpg?itok=Xibkd8sh

Internet photo, but I will get a photo of this one!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw this recently. Sorry about the spare mask, by the time it was moved and pic retaken, it was gone.

532828.jpg

Advertisement