Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

All im going to say as alliance is **** that trek up to King's rest. I joke its not so bad, what is bad is that twat from the Ribena elves with his portal below it, curiousity got the better of me and i went back to my the main base.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't played in a few days, and kind of feel burned out already. Probably played it too much in the lead up to BFA. I'll stick around as i want to try Warfronts, but not sure i'll be around for much longer after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Started late this year as my PC packed it in 2 days before launch. Playing on Alliance Outland as fury warrior. Have found the expansion ok so far, though not as good as Legion. I'm missing the artifact weapons already. Have run multiple heroic dungeons and still can't get a weapon to drop.

Any Boards related guilds or groups out there, particularly for running mythic dungeons?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a tonne of it so far, have my mage up to ilvl 340 and a few alts at 113.
    Leveling is really fast especially with rested xp.

The zones are 10x better,the dungeons again are 10x better, world pvp is a thing again,quite a few of the classes are a lot more enjoyable to play.

Dislikes:
    I dont like the gated content, ie get revered with honourbound [7th legion for dirty alliance] before continuing your war campaign.
    Only way to increase the ilvl of that all important neckpiece which is essentially your new artifact is to grind out champions of azeroth,this is BS imo.
    The global cooldown on some specs makes combat feel clunky at times.

Overall i like it more than legion, will it keep me subbed longterm? i dont think so but for now im enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I have nothing left to do but grind for mag har orc's and that's kind of burned me out already

• Advertisement

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I have nothing left to do but grind for mag har orc's and that's kind of burned me out already

I'm doing mythics at the moment hoping for a weapon :(. The rep grinds wouldn't be so bad if it was not locked to the world quests.

I'd give anything for a decent weapon, been running mythics and all of the daily heroics and not a sniff of one.

The RNG loot system is getting on my nerve, three things i need at 340, a ring, weapon, and head. Yet none drop i am constantly getting duplicates.

This type of **** is just not fun, i cannot be arsed continually running the same old crap over and over.

Calhoun wrote: »
    The RNG loot system is getting on my nerve, three things i need at 340, a ring, weapon, and head. Yet none drop i am constantly getting duplicates.

This type of **** is just not fun, i cannot be arsed continually running the same old crap over and over.

Yea starting to feel the same. I had a wrist item drop 3 dungeons in a row. They should have had a decent weapon reward from finishing campaign quests or something.

i got a 340 mythic ring from a dungeon wq this morning i was like woah nice. but yea the loot systems are always stingy as feck at the start of an xpack.

• Advertisement

Last weeks reset i ran all of the 10 mythic dungeons and got nothing, i was close to giving up, This weeks reset first dungeon 2 items one of which titanforged to 355, nice trade off to be fair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MidnightWolfie

I'm yet to run any Mythics, but I did manage to get to iLvl 327 by doing heroics and WQ's alone. It didn't take long, maybe a week to get from 280 to 327. I should really step up my game and start doing Mythics too.

I'm yet to run any Mythics, but I did manage to get to iLvl 327 by doing heroics and WQ's alone. It didn't take long, maybe a week to get from 280 to 327. I should really step up my game and start doing Mythics too.

Hope you have better luck than I'm having. I'm ilvl 332 overall but still using a 298 weapon. Have been running daily heroics and run this week's mythics and not only have I not got a weapon to drop, I have not seen anyone in the groups I'm in get one. WQ's are fine for some gear but again they rarely have a weapon reward. Have seen one and unfortunately for me it was a shield and I play fury warrior. I'm finding it very frustrating atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MidnightWolfie

I've actually run my first BfA Mythic earlier today. It dropped 340 chests, so that was neat. Most weapons I got were from WQ's. And a friend gave me her dungeon dropped weapon when we were doing heroics. I almost never get drops other than Azerite power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How did you guys manage to level your gear? Currently running Normals to get my gear to 305 to start HC's

Vicxas wrote: »
    How did you guys manage to level your gear? Currently running Normals to get my gear to 305 to start HC's

Normals to 305, then spammed HCs and did some WQs for 325 and occasional 340 gear.

Grand so i'm on the right track at least.

Finding it a pain to pick up mobs as a Warrior, once TC is down you have sweet FA to pick mobs up.

Miss my Pala and his Avengers shield.

I've actually run my first BfA Mythic earlier today. It dropped 340 chests, so that was neat. Most weapons I got were from WQ's. And a friend gave me her dungeon dropped weapon when we were doing heroics. I almost never get drops other than Azerite power.

I finally got a weapon to drop yesterday in a heroic dungeon. Only 325 ilvl but still a big improvement on what I was using. I'm happy again.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Warrior pickup is stupid-easy. Unlike the other specs you have no CD on Heroic Throw (which has solid aggro) so just make a mouseover macro for it and voila, pull everything. You should be specced into double-time for two charges - then you have heroic leap as well for even more mobility, and Dragon Charge in War Mode for even more. Anywhere you want to go, you can get there in a jiffy. TClap is just to cement aggro on what you have, not so much to initially pick mobs up unless you charge/leap right into a waiting Horde. You also have Revenge as well and can spec into DemoShout instant rage-gen to ensure you have enough for picking up, though I don't need it myself. Then of course you can spec into TClap-Spamming-Avatar build, mash that TClap every second for bigger damage for the entire duration of Avatar - makes you an AoE DPS/threat monster.

Having said that, Warrior is in a really bad state at the moment as far as defense is concerned. 320 Paladin tanking Mythics 200% easier than a 338 Prot Warrior is just bleh - War mitigation took a severe smashing this expansion and isn't helped by the passive of armour being ignored by every DoT and magic ability in existence, and IP nerf + on GCD renders it barely worth using at all, whereas Paladins have their mitigation off GCD (as an actual damage ability) and can self-sustain for days. Only reason I play Warrior now until it is fixed is due to starting the expansion with her and it having a headstart on reputation. If and when I unlock the Mag'har (and if they don't fix prot) then I'll perma-swap to my Paladin until they do as the difference is a joke. They're even worse in PvP - gone from a beefy monster to soggy toilet paper labelled as plate. Only thing PWar has going for it at the moment is solid damage, but even in a levelling environment that can't beat being 200% sturdier thus pulling an entire zone and just casually tanking it to death without any concern.

I don't normally play tank specs but I did check some of the ranking of tanks from testing pre release. Prot warrior was being ranked at the bottom on any ranking I saw and testers mentioned many issues with them including low health pool, poor damage mitigation and Ignore Pain on the GCD. They will get a boost at some point but I imagine it will be well after the first raid comes out.

I don't normally play tank specs but I did check some of the ranking of tanks from testing pre release. Prot warrior was being ranked at the bottom on any ranking I saw and testers mentioned many issues with them including low health pool, poor damage mitigation and Ignore Pain on the GCD. They will get a boost at some point but I imagine it will be well after the first raid comes out.

I reckon there will be a massive shake up come 8.1

• Advertisement

I've pretty much completely stopped playing now. Was leveling up a new character, but no interest in it anymore. Especially having to do any sort of grinding, and since so much is time gated now, it takes ages to get anything done.

Ah well, i'm sure i'll come back in a few months once things are not so bad.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've pretty much completely stopped playing now. Was leveling up a new character, but no interest in it anymore. Especially having to do any sort of grinding, and since so much is time gated now, it takes ages to get anything done.

Ah well, i'm sure i'll come back in a few months once things are not so bad.

Starting to feel the same. I'm not someone who can spend my time doing multiple mythic runs and logging in each day to grind a small bit of rep with WQ's. Thinking of unsubbing for a while. Not even slightly tempted to level an alt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

Given up as well over the last few days. Two characters at 118.

I think they are in trouble right now, allot of systems not working or breaking others when launching. Allot of time gated stuff, like even if you get a new piece of gear while raiding the time it takes to unlock the traits means it's not an upgrade.

People were called doomsayers during beta for comparing it to WOD, but I think they were wrong this is unraveling allot faster than WOD.

They have blizzcon to save the expansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Came here to echo the last few comments. The last mma I played before this was FF14 and for some reason Wow has reignited my interest in it that I'm checking reddit and considering resubbing.

To any of the above posters that feel burned out on BFA maybe give FF14 a try. It's a slow starter but gets super good around level 30. It's probably the best MMO I ever played, bar TBC/Wotlk Wow, and I played most the top ones over the past 10 years

same here loved the story, loved the art team's work but everything else is just bleh. he thing's i was really looking forward to seem to have had the bare minimal of effort put into them, the islands and warfronts.

Ground out honor bound rep unlocked mag har orc's and the leveling seem's even slower than before the xpack to me. All this gating and rep and the azerite **** show. i feel a bit mislead about these from the lead up to bfa.

While i think the story has been probably the most interesting in wow everything else is making me just close the game.

Ive quit too, resubbed 2 weeks before BFA launch , had my fun but its a chore now.
    No interest in raiding or more the time needed for it.
    I only ever really played the game in the past purely for raiding.

Im getting my rpg/loot/grind fix from Diablo 3 and Destiny 2 at the moment anyways and im enjoying both a lot more.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    same here loved the story, loved the art team's work but everything else is just bleh. he thing's i was really looking forward to seem to have had the bare minimal of effort put into them, the islands and warfronts.

Ground out honor bound rep unlocked mag har orc's and the leveling seem's even slower than before the xpack to me. All this gating and rep and the azerite **** show. i feel a bit mislead about these from the lead up to bfa.

While i think the story has been probably the most interesting in wow everything else is making me just close the game.

You know what a big shame is the story team who is think did an excellent job have been let down by the systems the put in.

It's like systems on top of systems, Bellulargaming did a great summary of it. Essentially you could take warfronts and expeditions from the game and it wouldn't make a difference, they are literally for azerite grinding, on top of all that the warfront turnins have no impact on unlocking. So you may as well do nothing .

The story team did an excellent job until they allowed the end of the best story in the game to be locked behind a mythic dungeon :mad:

• Advertisement

Completey agree with you guys. Got one guy to 120 and didn't like him so re ran with a new guy.

Got him to 117 and completey lost interest. Too bad my sub renewed today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Aye getting there myself gents.
    The last week has been pretty much just grind out warfronts. There's only so many times I can get another pair of the same shoulders without losing the plot.
    Now that we actually control Arathi, what is there to do? Done the quests and rares but no idea if they're weekly or daily.

Even at that, one of my main peeves right now is the shoddy state of their servers. Holy crap it's so damn bad on a fully populated realm. The lag is unbearable.

Noxin wrote: »
    Aye getting there myself gents.
    The last week has been pretty much just grind out warfronts. There's only so many times I can get another pair of the same shoulders without losing the plot.
    Now that we actually control Arathi, what is there to do? Done the quests and rares but no idea if they're weekly or daily.

Even at that, one of my main peeves right now is the shoddy state of their servers. Holy crap it's so damn bad on a fully populated realm. The lag is unbearable.

The rares are per battlefront so once every 2-3 weeks.

I have a couple of weeks left on my sub and I will be cancelling then. Is it me or does even the world first race for the raid seem underwhelming, even for the participants. Many of the Method players are now livestreaming their progress. I believe it's to try and garner some sort of interest.

The rares are per battlefront so once every 2-3 weeks.

So even less to do for the next few weeks. This was well thought out :pac:

Apparently the reason its so sparse is that at one time you will have many warfronts up. I await to see if that happens though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Noxin wrote: »
    Now that we actually control Arathi, what is there to do?

You jump on your Alliance alt and do it all again, obviously

You jump on your Alliance alt and do it all again, obviously

Isnt the Alliance one not live yet?

8.1 looks like it's bringing in some good changes, but it'll be interesting to see if it's enough to keep people interested.

PROT warrior is an absolute hot mess, i had one at 120 and couldn't keep him alive properly, I know have my Prot Pally and much happier tanking with him.

It'l be interesting to see what 8.1 does to change Warriors as i love their class lore and leaping into battle, but he's just unplayable right now.

PROT warrior is an absolute hot mess, i had one at 120 and couldn't keep him alive properly, I know have my Prot Pally and much happier tanking with him.

It'l be interesting to see what 8.1 does to change Warriors as i love their class lore and leaping into battle, but he's just unplayable right now.

Told my guild that if we got a prot warrior for raiding i wasnt healing it. In the right hands they can be just ok but there are allot of **** tanks who dont know how to play and turn dungeons into a wipefest. Even if you can keep them alive you sacrifice the whole team to keep them up.

• Advertisement

Having Ignore Pain on the GDC is a nightmare, in-fact any defensives on the GCD is counterproductive.

I know have my Prot Pally and much happier tanking with him.

I'm still holding out against all hope that they'll allow the Zandalari to be Paladins.
    I have my 110 sitting there but I'll happily delete him and start fresh if they do.

Undead Pally would go against the Class lore being a terror to undead.

But i agree they need more classes on the Horde side that can be Paladins.

Yea I know lore-wise it's a bit of a cockup for the Horde regarding Paladins. But Blizzard have made bigger cockups than that and I'm fairly sure they could squeeze something in to have it make some sort of sense.
    I don't actually care which race would get it. I'd be happy with just about any of them and I really don't care about the lore aspect behind this one.
    I've wanted to try out a bit of tanking this xpac but not bothered because the thoughts of leveling that cow are just annoying :pac:

Overall, while I know they want to stick to the lore as much as possible, they gotta find some balance fun-wise as well. Small sacrifices can be made imo.

Sure with Calia Menethil being a Lightforged Forsaken now, they can pretty much do whatever they want.

There is precedence in the lore for undead being able to wield the light, Alonsus Faol ect.

Also as shown by the likes of the blood knights and even Tyrians story a big part of wielding the light is belief.

Zandalari Paladins and Kul Tiran Shamans confirmed
    WoW Classic included in your existing sub
    Warson and Arathi Basin updated
    Bunch of other minor stuff so far

Looks interesting not as bad as the Diablo news lol :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is anyone actively playing anymore?

Azerite Traits killed the whole thing for me. I just couldn't give any less of a **** about levelling up that stupid necklace to re-unlock the same ****ty traits time and time again on new loot.

They really shoe-horned the Legion Weapon idea into these Azerite pieces and it just fundamentally does not work. It's a real shame, too - because the BFA zones and dungeons were very enjoyable.

I think they've also missed a trick by keeping the "old" Allied Races gated behind reputation from a previous expansion. It seems a bit ridiculous that if I want to play a Void Elf, for example, that I need to level some random Alliance character to 110 - farm quests and reputation for 2-3 weeks, then create my new character and level to 120 again. Thanks but no thanks.

Nope, i stopped a while ago, and have no desire to go back. I probably will at some stage, but i didn't really enjoy any of BFA, bar some of the story during the leveling experience, and then they went and hid the last scenario behind a mythic dungeon. So **** that.

MMO's are pretty much dead for me now tbh. Can't ever see myself getting invested in one again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement