Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Options
  • 26-02-2021 5:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sinnoh remakes coming, as I think everyone expected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Graphics are disappointing :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I'm not a huge fan of the overworld models for people. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me, but it probably won't affect my enjoyment of the game too much anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

https://youtu.be/DHhsQjyp3C8 

Bunch of new details

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesnicholson

Indeed. Seems sword/shield is way better in terms of graphics. Still, gonna grab it too as I am a big fan since I was a kid.

Yeah, I'm gonna go for Diamond I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Looks like its delayed in gamestop have the duo pack preordered myself

Yeah, I was planning on getting the game in GS, ended up just going digital when I found out about the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They actually did get them very strange situation late in the morning

the duo pack was very meh no steel box only a code for 100 pokeballs in the box for each game have just finished my day and am in my way home with one of my duo pack need to go out early tomorrow to collect the second a gift for a family member I won't see again until Christmas day so very frustrating they were delayed buyer beware I suppose.

So, after a fair chunk of playing it, I can honestly say this game is pretty middle of the road. Didn't hate it, but I can't say I loved it either. It couldn't seem to decide between being a 100% faithful remaster, and taking the old games and properly updating it with all the QoL improvements we've had over the years, so it ends up in an awkward middle ground. Like, yeah, you don't have to lug around a pokemon in your party to use them for HMs, but then TMs are back to being single use for some reason. And sure, you can get more of all of them, but then why not just keep them unlimited use and save everyone some time. It did improve on pacing from the old games at least, which slowed to a crawl in some areas, especially around Snowpoint.

So yeah, can't say this really lived up to my expectations, but it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Just finished Shining Pearl there and, without wanting to actively exagerrate anything, the entire thing had an air of obligation to it. Outside of a couple of QoL flourishes and the sheer convenience of it being on the Switch, I can't think of an immediately compelling reason that one would go with these remakes instead of loading up their copy of Platinum. Basically, it was grand enough like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement