Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you buy a Superyacht?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It would be a sailing ship for me crewed by Swedish and South American women who had the morals of alley cats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jets? Psssh.

Though if I were going for a jet...

Way cheaper than a super yacht and way faster. OK not exactly a lot of room for pneumatic dolly birds in bikinis from central casting, but that's why you make sure you're mates with someone with a yacht. Job done. :D
    Get one of these instead. Plenty of room for bikini clad dolly birds.
    9915b5b7d8bf5c0ec000534efd23f0b7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Your sure right I would. I would go for the most stylish, coolest yaught I could find.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

For sure, but if you had to choose between a private flight or the yacht, would you really choose the former?

I dunno, it’s a tough choice, but nice one to have to make. Hopefully early next year it might be Qashqai vs Hyundai Tuscon.. bout as close as I’m getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Strumms wrote: »
    I dunno, it’s a tough choice, but nice one to have to make. Hopefully early next year it might be Qashqai vs Hyundai Tuscon.. bout as close as I’m getting.

Qashqai handles like a superyacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Qashqai handles like a superyacht.

I’ve had two and really liked them. Never a flicker of an issue, I’d have zero complaints... I’m probably sticking with them. My folks have a Tuscon but it’s the executive model which is out of my reach. Beautiful car and seriously seriously comfy but I’m thinking Qashqai for me again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jets? Psssh.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/Supermarine_359_Spitfire_HF8C_Point_Cook_Vabre.jpg

/QUOTE]A Spitfire will barely make it to France.

pZUy6uY.jpg

Get you a P-38 if you want range and dolly bird transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I would get something like this, best of both worlds, although I would get a turbine version and not a radial engine.

latest?cb=20120531225441

Get one of these instead. Plenty of room for bikini clad dolly birds.
    9915b5b7d8bf5c0ec000534efd23f0b7.jpg

Flew across the North Sea in one of those many years ago, the bikini clad dolly birds would freeze to death and be deaf by the time you got to your destination.

• Advertisement

I would certainly consider it but a private jet would be more of a priority. Imagine not having to deal with the peasantry of commercial travel, airport queues, security, booking in advance etc.
    That's what the platinum terminal is for sure

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's what the platinum terminal is for sure

In my world, the passengers drive to the side of the aircraft, no queues, security, nothing, at the destination another car awaits them and off they go.

They have “people” to worry about baggage etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smurfjed wrote: »
    I would get something like this, best of both worlds, although I would get a turbine version and not a radial engine.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/expendables/images/f/f0/Screen_Shot_2012-05-31_at_3.49.58_PM.png/revision/latest?cb=20120531225441

Get a PBY Catalina with those amazing panoramic windows

d66c6aac2081c05aa6b9a6ac9baae727.jpg

https://historydaily.org/flying-yachts-of-the-1950s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would rather have the 890J Super Yacht

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

You saying all the mad alcohol fuelled sex parties in between are no good? :eek:

Obviously couldn’t ever get one of them up and running.
    That’s why they sold the thing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Get a PBY Catalina with those amazing panoramic windows
    Sold! We need more seaplanes today. And flying boats. And airships.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The boats might circle around but the owners normally direct the yacht to be at a certain place on a certain day then they fly down to meet it where it is moored. It is fairly rare for the owner to sail on the yacht particularly on long voyages.

I'd be wondering then where the craic is in that for them. If I was ever lucky enough to be able to afford one I'd be trying to spend a good part of the year on it touring around but what you mention is exactly what the stereotypical superyacht owner does - it's like they just want their own private floating hotel without really taking advantage of the fact that it's floating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Now we're talking, yacht, helicopter and submarine.....

*and only €295.000,000 for the priveledge

1-226531l-2560x1440.webp

1-226533l-2560x1440.webp

My bosses yacht is 24 feet longer than that one :):) and don't forget to thrown in a fleet of aircraft to get you to and from the yacht.

Advertisement