Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA the wind outside is so loud, I have to turn up the volume of the wind machine inside to block out the noise of the wind outside so it doesn't wake the baby. It just seems so stupid...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rock a by baby up the tree top
    When the wind blows the cradle will rock...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    I hate Facebook lurkers, the ones who are friends with you but never interact with anything you post. I've an aunt who was FB friends with me and I noticed that she had stopped liking/ commenting on my posts. I left it about six months and didn't say anything. Then I figured one day sure if she isn't following me or whatever then she won't even notice if I unfriend her, and if she does notice that I unfriended her it means she is watching my profile but deliberately not interacting which to me is so bítchy I figured she'd be no loss anyway. So, I unfriended her... And immediately got a friend request from her... Which I've ignored :D

Man if I could delete my Facebook account right now I would. Having friends/family that rely on the platform to keep in contact with me prevents me from doing so.

I remember I deactivated my account once, about 7 or 8 years ago, and a cousin of mine freaked out because she thought I deleted her, then I had other family members asking me why I deactivated it. I was even asked if I was okay.

TA that Facebook/social media is seemingly like an addictive drug that everyone relies on to LIVE.

Another TA. I hate that my clock is tricking me into thinking I'm up waaaay too late when literally half an hour ago it was 12.57am. Damn daylight savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

TA that we still have to put the clocks forward an hour. I just glanced at my PC clock and was wondering where did the last hour go until I realised that the clocks had gone forward.

I was hoping that the bi-annual clock changes would be gone by now considering the European Parliament supported scrapping them a few years ago.

Edit: I see Gamer Bhoy 89 just got in before me on this particular TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Our cat didn’t have the decency to respect the hour moving forward - she was at the foot of the bed at 7.00am looking to go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Olivia2 wrote: »
    Sent an acquaintance I barely know a friend request on facebook and they haven't accepted it. ****ing bitch :D

I accepted a friend request from someone i knew years ago.Nice to catch up.

No,she spent the last few days "liking"pictures from years ago.She must have had a good nosey through.
    So i unfriended her.:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    I accepted a friend request from someone i knew years ago.Nice to catch up.

No,she spent the last few days "liking"pictures from years ago.She must have had a good nosey through.
    So i unfriended her.:D

ugh I hate that!
    I allowed a hiking friend of mine access to my FB profile in order to share hiking photos. But he went through all my photos from years back, asking the names of my 3 sisters and where they lived etc. Hate that, its so invasive! I'd never dream of doing that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't think there's a food we haven't tried. And she's f*cking with my head now. She looks to see if I'm watching her eating and if she sees me, she stops. Is it some kind of performance anxiety? I've gone mad, hiding around corners like a creep watching her eat :D
    It might be grief, which I know is no comfort to you when she is not eating, is she an outdoor cat?
    Could she be eating in someone else's house?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

ugh I hate that!
    I allowed a hiking friend of mine access to my FB profile in order to share hiking photos. But he went through all my photos from years back, asking the names of my 3 sisters and where they lived etc. Hate that, its so invasive! I'd never dream of doing that :mad:
    Is this for real? Did they hack you to see them, or had you them available in an almost public domain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Is this for real? Did they hack you to see them, or had you them available in an almost public domain?

Most people would have their photos visible to friends ime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Most people would have their photos visible to friends ime

I was being a little sarcastic. We dump stuff on web and get leeved if people acknowledge looking at it. I give up.
    Maybe i am reading this all wrong.

Andrea B. wrote: »

I added them as a friend to share hiking photos. My profile is private unless you are a friend obviously. What I didn't expect was for him to trawl back 6 years (!!) and ask questions about my sisters?
    If I am added as a friend on Facebook I just don't do that, I only want to see what photos they are posting about hiking/gardening/animal welfare...........I don't want to know what they had for breakfast!
    I never answered his questions , think he got the message.

I added them as a friend to share hiking photos. My profile is private unless you are a friend obviously. What I didn't expect was for him to trawl back 6 years (!!) and ask questions about my sisters?
    If I am added as a friend on Facebook I just don't do that, I only want to see what photos they are posting about hiking/gardening/animal welfare...........I don't want to know what they had for breakfast!
    I never answered his questions , think he got the message.

If I'm honest I'd probably have a sneaky nose, maybe not through everything. But I would be careful not to hit like because I wouldn't want them to know I did it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There's a growing number of Cathy Newman wannabes on Boards.
    They quote your post and write 'so you're saying...' and then twist your words.

If I'm honest I'd probably have a sneaky nose, maybe not through everything. But I would be careful not to hit like because I wouldn't want them to know I did it!:D

exactly ;)...............or ask questions about photos that are years old :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at miserable sods telling me I'm "too old for Easter eggs".

Ahhhh will you ever shut up. It's chocolate at the end of the day. Crawl back into your den of apathy and melancholy if it bothers you. Ironic as this may seem, being in a thread dedicated to bitching and moaning, but lighten the fcuk up.

Bredabe wrote: »
    It might be grief, which I know is no comfort to you when she is not eating, is she an outdoor cat?
    Could she be eating in someone else's house?

She's mostly in now because of her age. She will go out for an hour in the morning and do her ablutions but that's it :D she's a little brighter today, and is eating more. I went to SuperValu and got her some lambs liver - I know in moderation it's safe and weight per weight it's nutritionally superior to commercial food so if she's even nibbling at that it's better than nothing. Also got her salmon and mince.

OH, "so what's for dinner?"
    Me, "pasta washed down with Kia ora"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One of my clients was covered in one of the Sundays today. He'd been texting my work phone since 10am looking for me to send him the article. Sent it there.

It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary last night and I'm in bits after celebrating it. I'm not sprinting out to the shops on your schedule, pal.

Also, it's Sunday and I'M NOT FCUKING ON CALL.

God I hate working in client service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ugh I hate that!

Your 3 sisters must be good looking :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA at miserable sods telling me I'm "too old for Easter eggs".

Ahhhh will you ever shut up. It's chocolate at the end of the day. Crawl back into your den of apathy and melancholy if it bothers you. Ironic as this may seem, being in a thread dedicated to bitching and moaning, but lighten the fcuk up.

I bought my ‘Terry’s Chocolate Orange’ egg weeks ago. Last year they ran out fairly quickly so I was left consoling myself with a Kit Kat one. Was nice but wasn’t what I wanted.

Not this, my friends, not this year.

Haven’t even sorted the kids’ ones yet.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am watching a programme about the famine . I am getting increasingly annoyed at the ads as they seem to be Christmasy ? One with a Christmas tree now made me think I was going mad until it suddenly struck me I am watching a recording from December !!

I bought my ‘Terry’s Chocolate Orange’ egg weeks ago. Last year they ran out fairly quickly so I was left consoling myself with a Kit Kat one. Was nice but wasn’t what I wanted.

Not this, my friends, not this year.

Haven’t even sorted the kids’ ones yet.

TA in the shop earlier OH turned to me and said, "would you like an Easter egg?". FFS yes I would, but I would have expected a large, non-shop one to be ordered and making its was to me already! So I just said said no because I was annoyed. And now TAd I won't be getting one at all. And I won't be able to have a sulk over it because he will just say, "I asked you last week if you wanted one and you said no". Why are men so complicated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The TV is broke :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Irish people returning from Australia annoy me. Such a superior condescending attitude

“Own brand” potato wedges that smell like a bus station men’s room once they’re cooked.

Second time with the Tesco’s ones. Should have just stuck with Aldi’s.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Irish people returning from Australia annoy me. Such a superior condescending attitude

If Australia is so fantastic ,why are you returning?

Hangover turning me into a black hole for food.

Had sausages, a rasher, an egg, a grilled tomato and two slices of toast for breakfast (at about 12.30).

Half a bag of microwave popcorn at about 4.

Rice crackers and blue cheese dip a while ago.

Hungry again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Hangover turning me into a black hole for food.

Had sausages, a rasher, an egg, a grilled tomato and two slices of toast for breakfast (at about 12.30).

Half a bag of microwave popcorn at about 4.

Rice crackers and blue cheese dip a while ago.

Hungry again now.

You need a big dirty chinese takeaway.Only hangover cure worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

10eh.gif

Controversial, but I'm not really a fan of Chinese. Everything is weirdly sweet. Even the stuff that's supposed to be hot.

Made lamb burgers for dinner and ended up fcuking mine in the bin because the pitta fell apart as I was assembling it. Should have just ordered pizza like a sensible hungover person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Everything new is a "gamechanger".

What game does it change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If Australia is so fantastic ,why are you returning?

Because the visa ran out, not everyone can stay in Australia even if they wanted. LOL

There’s only a few thousand per year actually qualify to stay, they majority are on temporary visas.

Everything new is a "gamechanger".

What game does it change?

1bcb00d9534068455609d66fbbf17ffd_preview_featured.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

As I'm a close contact of a positive covid case in work, the hse have taken to texting me at 8am every day to remind me I can't go anywhere till April 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

1bcb00d9534068455609d66fbbf17ffd_preview_featured.JPG

We had The Game Of Life in the early 1980s. In that version, you got 20,000 for every child - you sold them before entering retirement home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Our cat didn’t have the decency to respect the hour moving forward - she was at the foot of the bed at 7.00am looking to go outside.

Cats are well known for their disdain of daylight savings time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People who ask "But what's the real time?" after the clocks change or they end up in a different timezone. The time I just told you is the real time - that's why I told you it when you asked "What time is it?". All the other people here are going by that time. The time it was in the place you came from, or before the clocks changed, doesn't matter any more, and would be the incorrect time if you were to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Because the visa ran out, not everyone can stay in Australia even if they wanted. LOL

There’s only a few thousand per year actually qualify to stay, they majority are on temporary visas.

Ah you need to up your game and marry an Aussie so...show some commitment ffs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Ah you need to up your game and marry an Aussie so...show done commitment ffs :D

No need to worry luckily I qualified a long time ago, Australia been very good to me so I’m staying put which was fortunate as I think with this covid business in Ireland I would have probably necked myself by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I ordered food from a local pub yesterday that was over an hour late in arriving. I didn't get enough beef with it either so I was still hungry afterwards :( I ended up sticking a whole packet of chicken balls into the air fryer at 9pm and I devoured most of them with sweet chilli sauce dip.

Ah you need to up your game and marry an Aussie so...show some commitment ffs :D

God no. You don't go to Australia to mingle with actual Australians. You jump in with the first group of Irish people you can find and marry Aine from Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

My take away coffee beverage of choice is an Americano, with warm milk in the space normally left in the top for cold milk.

OH MY ****ING GOD...the drama this causes in coffee shops...

I get a blank look of utter incomprehension by the cashier who has to be told 8 times, that no, I don't want a latte, a cappucino or a flat white...I'd like a normal, bog standard Americano, made the normal way with an espresso shot and hot water up to the brim. But in the inch or so where I, the customer, put cold milk, I'd like them to put hot milk into that space. Why is that so hard to understand? I don't even care how hot the milk actually is, I just don't want it to be cold. I also don't care what kind of milk they use.

Then when the cashier has it figured out, charges me for it and puts the order through, it's like War and bloody Peace getting that across to the barrista who is actually making the drink. I rarely get what i ordered, without yet more drama.

Why is this so hard to understand?

And no, I've tried ordering a white Americano. That doesn't exist apparently and will only result in yet another look of complete incomprehension.

Ok, feel better for getting that off my chest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Fruit/veg that almost always seems to go bad straight away in the fridge. Yet never even starts to rot in the compost :-/

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Beffs wrote: »
    My take away coffee beverage of choice is an Americano, with warm milk in the space normally left in the top for cold milk.

OH MY ****ING GOD...the drama this causes in coffee shops...

I get a blank look of utter incomprehension by the cashier who has to be told 8 times, that no, I don't want a latte, a cappucino or a flat white...I'd like a normal, bog standard Americano, made the normal way with an espresso shot and hot water up to the brim. But in the inch or so where I, the customer, put cold milk, I'd like them to put hot milk into that space. Why is that so hard to understand? I don't even care how hot the milk actually is, I just don't want it to be cold. I also don't care what kind of milk they use.

Then when the cashier has it figured out, charges me for it and puts the order through, it's like War and bloody Peace getting that across to the barrista who is actually making the drink. I rarely get what i ordered, without yet more drama.

Why is this so hard to understand?

And no, I've tried ordering a white Americano. That doesn't exist apparently and will only result in yet another look of complete incomprehension.

Ok, feel better for getting that off my chest...

"Non-standard request. Off script. Does not compute."

Swedes (the ones I know, at least) expect a lil jug of hot water/milk to go with their beverage.

Took me far too long to realise that a mocha abroad is merely a cappuccino with chocolate :facepalm:
    "Un cafe avec chocolat? C'est quoi ça, weirdo??" Still marginally better than "Nein."

Then there's Butlers hot chocolate...
    It'll either be:
    - not hot
    - not chocolate; just a milky flavour that's half a step above not being milk
    - neither hot, nor chocolately.

I've been asking for it extra-hot (even appears on the receipt). Do I really need to ask for it extra hot, extra chocolatey??

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Oneweb & Beffs
    You've both hit on major TA's 😁 of mine.

Veg from the likes of lidl seems to be toxic treated crap & tasteless which would nearly give off a luminous light source, there's no accounting for buying proper veg.

Coffee shops & not listening, i like an Americano with less water and a tiny drop of milk. Since they've started pouring the milk for us, they deem it ok to fill the cup up with milk, making it a milky lukewarm coffee, bleuch.

• Advertisement

In Canada its so easy to get Americano with hot milk .....that's my favourite too, I love hot coffee so the hot milk is a winner for me. I think it might be called Cafe Misto (steamed hot milk). Anyway its not in our vocabulary here Ireland. I don't like Cappucino, I dont like Latte, I just like hot strong coffee with hot milk!

The local shop puts my dad's newspaper behind the counter for him every day as they often used to sell out before he got over for it. I've been staying at home since Christmas so often pick it up for him while I'm out walking the dog. Every single time, without fail, when I ask for it they look at me like I've ten heads. Yer woman this morning thought I was trying to order a coffee.

He can just get it himself in future, I'm fed up trying to communicate with the gobdaws in that shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

In Canada its so easy to get Americano with hot milk .....that's my favourite too, I love hot coffee so the hot milk is a winner for me. I think it might be called Cafe Misto (steamed hot milk). Anyway its not in our vocabulary here Ireland. I don't like Cappucino, I dont like Latte, I just like hot strong coffee with hot milk!

Glad I'm not the only weirdo who drinks their coffee this way. Someone suggested I try ordering a "white coffee" and I was very excited to try that. But that only caused even more confusion as it's not 1988 and people don't drink white coffees any more. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

God no. You don't go to Australia to mingle with actual Australians. You jump in with the first group of Irish people you can find and marry Aine from Kerry

...and then post pictures from Bondi beach on Christmas day. EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Sure it was a little novel in 2001 but by 2020 enough already. We don't give a crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The very first time I saw coffee being made as a young was circa 1985. Friend of mine mixed instant, sugar and about 30ml of cold milk together and then poured hot water.

I still make instant like that when I have to but I stopped making instant years ago.

Some cafes in England will offer cold or hot milk with an Americano.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement