Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Really COOL Bank Holiday you enjoyed outside Christmas and Easter

Options
  • 31-07-2020 3:12pm

I'm talking the likes of May Day, June Bank Holiday, August Bank Holiday, October Bank Holiday.

Mine would be about 20 years ago. Decent selection of shops of different variety (bling, tech, fashion etc) open on both bank holiday sunday and monday. The general public were cool as well.

Nowadays, I find bank holidays like this weekend shyte in terms of closed businesses and public attitudes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The last two years I've been working at the All Together Now festival, so that's two very memorable and cool bank holidays I remember.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Many many years ago there were about 24 of us, when to Tramore on an august bank holiday long weekend in Tramore. Over the course of the weekend, I got pissed, stoned, fighting (actually came out of that badly with a broken jaw, should've backed down if the I was honest. Fu¢ker was like giant haysticks but unfortunately I got my sayings mixed up. It wasn't the bigger they are the easier they fall, if he's reading this I forgiven him, as long as he forgives me for hitting him with a plank of wood in the face. Which actually done nothing to twart him hitting me, but it did improve his looks at bit. Big ugly imbred ¢unt. Ahh at least I don't hold a grudge) got
    arrested for nothing just because I was a dub,(alright I got arrested for something buts that none of your business) had great sex with one of my friends girlfriend's (it was great sex for me then) the last night I slept in a field full of cows at the back of the camping site because the land lord had enough of us. I was a great time except for my jaw.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Cancel em, majority of people already have two days off a week and 20 days holidays, don't need bank Holidays.

Advertisement