Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entropy - does it bother you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Time makes me uncomfortable when I really think about it.

Also, am I me? And if so, how am I me?

Another one; if the universe is infinite then we should have infinite stars, if that’s the case then the night sky should be total starlight, no gaps, but it isn’t. Never had an answer to that and I don’t like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Treat life as a video game, it's pointless really with great opportunity to have fun.

A terrible game where task manager keeps popping to the front and obscuring a vital cut-scene that might help you understand wtf is going on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

kowloon wrote: »
    A terrible game where task manager keeps popping to the front and obscuring a vital cut-scene that might help you understand wtf is going on. :D

But do you really think we don't know wtf is going on?

If anything we know all too much about what's going on, we just don't like it for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

When I was a child, one of the notions I had was this:

When I die and go to heaven, it'll be great because all the mysteries of the Universe will be revealed to me. That became, when I die and become part of the , eh.., oneness, then all the secrets of the Universe will be revealed to me.

I'm still hoping I'm right. :D - probably because trying to read A Brief History of Time, and The Universe in a Nutshell gave me awful headaches:pac::pac:

Obviously sensing my frustration, Mr Hawking wrote a book called The Universe for Dummies, but he actually titled it Brief Answers to the Big Questions. Definitely worth a read.

Advertisement