Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller fails to scam Healy Rae

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Would Healy Rae have had to pay his own solicitor? Therefore no one won if that was the case.

You can be sure the traveller wasn't out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It said he went to her house and tried to sort it out too, which I thought was very decent.

People would sue for anything now. Any normal daily occurrence or butting of heads. She said she gave a 50, he said a 20 I believe. It got heated, and it's only natural it would if two strong personalities clash like that. Does this extend into damage and discrimination like this lady said? Do you really need to run through the machinations of state systems in to sort this out? Ffs.

A bit of common sense and decency wouldn't go astray.

I know the Healy Rae's play the gombeen cute hoor card very well. The Dublin versus rural Ireland. Oh I'm just a simple god fearing salt of the earth man, and the Kerry people lap it up. They do play this but I also do think Michael is a decent skin. The brother and some of the wider family, while not guilty of anything sinister, are definitely cute hoors. But listen, they were given this world, they didn't make it. Ireland is Ireland and all politics is local in Ireland, and especially Kerry. They are a unique people. The Healy Rae brand of politics is very effective. And they are not the only ones guilty, as no politician in this country has the balls to do what's right when it's right. A TD's job should be to do what's right for the country even when they are not appreciated for it, but they won't. Human nature to put the self interest above others, and politicians know that. They know the question on the door step is "what have you done for me". One significant example is the wages of public sector staff which should be slashed immediately and pensions cut, and no politician has the balls to enact a plan to do it.

I go by the cut of a man a lot and I have met Michael and Danny. Danny is a complete spoofer but Michael is a very decent and honest man. Not without his faults as any man is but ultimately a decent bloke who busts his bollix working so I'm delighted this fukcer hasn't swindled him out of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Is Mrs Battles any relation to Mrs Cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The olde '' I gave you a fifty scam''

I think the judge made up his mind when he heard that part .

Wasn't a Judge in the regular sense, it was the WRC. Too much to expect that the Court Judges might exercise a bit of cop on, that won't happen until someone has the balls to burst their bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

myshirt wrote: »
    It said he went to her house and tried to sort it out too, which I thought was very decent.
    I'm surprised that wasn't spun as him trying to intimidate her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

The €50 note scam has been going on a while now .
    They come into the shop holding a €50 , waving it about while at the till making sure that the cashier sees it . Then when the cashier takes payment a tenner is handed over in the hope that they will receive the change from €50 .
    If the cashier is alert and only gives change from the tenner then they insist that a €50 was handed over .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

myshirt wrote: »

People would sue for anything now. Any normal daily occurrence or butting of heads. She said she gave a 50, he said a 20 I believe. It got heated, and it's only natural it would if two strong personalities clash like that. Does this extend into damage and discrimination like this lady said? Do you really need to run through the machinations of state systems in to sort this out? Ffs.

A bit of common sense and decency wouldn't go astray.

I know the Healy Rae's play the gombeen cute hoor card very well. The Dublin versus rural Ireland. Oh I'm just a simple god fearing salt of the earth man, and the Kerry people lap it up. They do play this but I also do think Michael is a decent skin. The brother and some of the wider family, while not guilty of anything sinister, are definitely cute hoors. But listen, they were given this world, they didn't make it. Ireland is Ireland and all politics is local in Ireland, and especially Kerry. They are a unique people. The Healy Rae brand of politics is very effective. And they are not the only ones guilty, as no politician in this country has the balls to do what's right when it's right. A TD's job should be to do what's right for the country even when they are not appreciated for it, but they won't. Human nature to put the self interest above others, and politicians know that. They know the question on the door step is "what have you done for me". One significant example is the wages of public sector staff which should be slashed immediately and pensions cut, and no politician has the balls to enact a plan to do it.

I go by the cut of a man a lot and I have met Michael and Danny. Danny is a complete spoofer but Michael is a very decent and honest man. Not without his faults as any man is but ultimately a decent bloke who busts his bollix working so I'm delighted this fukcer hasn't swindled him out of anything.
    Well said I agree totally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My delight at seeing a scammer foiled is tempered only by my dismay at seeing anything good happen to a Healy Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Mrs Battles

Am I the only one hoping her first name is Slash-hook ......???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

As the old saying goes, You can't sh!t a sh!tter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The €50 note scam has been going on a while now .
    They come into the shop holding a €50 , waving it about while at the till making sure that the cashier sees it . Then when the cashier takes payment a tenner is handed over in the hope that they will receive the change from €50 .
    If the cashier is alert and only gives change from the tenner then they insist that a €50 was handed over .

When you see this coming the way to counteract it is to take the tenner hold it up and immediately say "will I take it all out of this tenner?".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

peckerhead wrote: »
    My delight at seeing a scammer foiled is tempered only by my dismay at seeing anything good happen to a Healy Rae.
    Who gives a ****e about your "dismay"?

Advertisement