Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frankie Whelan

Options
  • 19-08-2005 4:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it says pimp my band... but I dont have any of my bands tracks recorded yet... but I do have some solo stuff here...

http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/728/

So have a listen and let me know what ya think. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow, you can actually sing, and really well! :D

The songs themselves are really not my thing..I await some full band tracks with anticipation however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Excellent tunes frankie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Jay played me one of these tunes last night Frankie. Quite good. Can't remember which one it was (twas late after 6 hours of recording) but yeah, good tune, good singing, though I thought the tune would have sounded a lot better at a slower tempo, you'd have more opportunity to give a bit more depth to your delivery of the lyrics. They just sounded a little like they were just words being sung to a melody, rather than something you really meant. Good stuff though, definitely some quality there.

Jay, which song was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Good stuff. I still have that minidisc you made me a few years ago, saving it until you're famous and I can make loads of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Doctor J wrote:
    Jay played me one of these tunes last night Frankie. Quite good. Can't remember which one it was (twas late after 6 hours of recording) but yeah, good tune, good singing, though I thought the tune would have sounded a lot better at a slower tempo, you'd have more opportunity to give a bit more depth to your delivery of the lyrics. They just sounded a little like they were just words being sung to a melody, rather than something you really meant. Good stuff though, definitely some quality there.

Jay, which song was it?

Ah yeah, if it was from the most recent recordings he did for me, then it could well have been a tad rushed. We did a whole album in a day, and I wasnt as tight as I should have been and Jay was going out that night so I didnt want to take up all his time. Fair ****s to him though, spent pretty much the whole day having to put up with me and delivered excellent results with the dodgeyness he had to work with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well jaysus Frankie, here you are on boards, i still think tambourines are better than cowbells..

This be the singer in my band ladies and gents.

Good stuff frankie, as i've said before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

LundiMardi wrote:
    i still think tambourines are better than cowbells..

Blasphamer!

cowbells and tambo's a dawn so it is. grrr

Cowbells I say. Digital cowbells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Jeez frankster, you really are going all out on the internet pimping thing? When can we expect some band stuff? I didnt realise LundiMardi was in your band. It's like a internet collaboration.

• Advertisement

i don't think he knew i was lundimardi till now.

Band stuff? err, er.....em.... sometime this year hopefully!:D

he may have recognised your chin from the engl thread. or the engl itself maybe. whats the band called again, frankie told me, but I forgot?

Kemosabe, pronounced Key-mo-sab-ee. I just have to make that clear!! Can't have people calling us Kemo-sabe, grr.

Frankie hasn't been formally introduced to the ENGL yet:)

Ah yes, kemosabe.

Does it mean anything? I think it sounds better pronounced key-mo-sabe. But thats just me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Thanks frankie,

I always enjoy recording with you. Its always good craic and I enjoy your tunes :)

Ah yeah, if it was from the most recent recordings he did for me, then it could well have been a tad rushed. We did a whole album in a day, and I wasnt as tight as I should have been and Jay was going out that night so I didnt want to take up all his time. Fair ****s to him though, spent pretty much the whole day having to put up with me and delivered excellent results with the dodgeyness he had to work with.

Who the **** is Lundimardi ?! Ger? Dan? See.. it could be Ger cause of the cowbell waffle or Dan cause of the Engl lark. Bloomin eck!
    Ah yeah Dara, sure the internet pimping doesnt take alot of effort and I always like to get criticism.

Who the **** is Lundimardi ?! Ger? Dan? See.. it could be Ger cause of the cowbell waffle or Dan cause of the Engl lark. Bloomin eck!
    Ah yeah Dara, sure the internet pimping doesnt take alot of effort and I always like to get criticism.
    oooo, mystery... i like.

Oh Dan, Dan, the guitar playing man

Aswell as the solo stuff... I'm also the frontman for Kemosabe... debut gig next Wednesday!

fibbersgigposter.jpg

• Advertisement

What's that? Your gig is tomorrow night?

indeed

And only €2 in you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

And attending will greatly improve your chances of meeting awe-inspiring people?

Good gig guys. Sorry I couldn't stick around after, both me and the girlyfriend had early starts this morning. So when's the next gig?

nothin planned as yet, we just have to tighten up and get another couple of songs in there and we're rockin and a rolling..

Within the next couple of weeks though hopefully!

Yeah, I really enjoyed the gig once we got through it. I was madly nervous... its crazy having those lights in your eyes and not being able to make anyone out kinda. But I started to loosen up a tad. In hindsight I should have ****ed the mic stand off the stage

Wow, I haven't updated this in ages, this thread went down the road of being a second Kemosabe thread, but Kemosabe broke up months ago and I've been writing loads of solo material. It's not recorded yet, but some rough drafts are floating around the net.

Myspace at
    http://www.myspace.com/frankiewhelan

And the CPU thing needs work.
    There's also a bebo page at
    http://frankiewhelanmusic.bebo.com

Nice.

Playing a gig on the 9th of September in Radio City.

Headliners are M.A.R.C.s Empire. Also on the bill... The Monday Club, Shoctopus, Moesley.

Doors at 8pm.

€5 in.

• Advertisement

M.A.R.C.s Empire still exist!?!

Advertisement