Forum Closed  

03-05-2005, 01:00   #1
Nuttzz

Language lessons in Dublin

Anyone have any ideas/recommendations on good italian courses in Dublin.
I would be a beginner both would love to learn
Advertisement
22-05-2005, 20:51   #2

well u could try here however I don't know anyone who has studied there, or try here I keyed in Italian and Dublin (for instance) and loads of things came up... or else have a look at the sticky these guys are pretty good...otherwise there are lil books you can buy in easons-evening classes or something I think, they have a website...but its terrible...otherwise you could try emailing colleges/going to open days (although these aren't usually 'til feb-april time...), or even cao, might give u a better idea, ie if your going for a cert or that....
24-09-2007, 11:29   #3
Steve X2

Try CiaoDublin.com - Highly recommended

I tried ciaodublin.com and am very happy. Its just a few Italian girls who teach in Dun Laoghaire, its not a school or anything but i found the course much better than the one i had previously taken in the language school in the same area. They can come to your home or you can go to there apartment, i went to the apartment and it was very nice, i guess they are doing pretty well to afford that place.
My teacher was Kristyna and she was excellent and really knew how to teach to someone, her English is fluent and her accent is very clear, so i understood everything she was saying.
They are qualified to teach italian as well and not just some Italians over on holidays, this is there full time job.
I think i paid about 280 for ten 1 hour lessons and that included the grammer book and either a free bottle of Lemonchello or Italian wine at the end of the class, i went for the lemonchello.
You also get authentic Italian foods and snacks at some of the lessons for no extra cost.
I will be signing up for my level 2 course in the next few weeks, and might try the Italian wine this time

Highly recommended
02-06-2009, 17:49   #4
Steve X2

Well its www.ciaodublin.net now

I signed up for more classes and had Kristyna as my teacher again and she was very good. The rates have gone up to 300 euro for 10 one hour lessons but its still great value. I recommended her to some friends who wanted some letters and emails translated into italian for a school they want to enroll there kids in next year in italy and they said she was very very good and had the stuff translated very fast. She even rang the school for them to make sure everything was in order at no extra cost.

I cant recommend this girl and this website enough.
28-06-2009, 22:06   #5
aguestie

Hi smcgarr
Do you have a contact number for Krystina as I have been trying to email her but to no avail?
Advertisement
28-06-2009, 22:55   #6
Steve X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguestie View Post
Hi smcgarr
Do you have a contact number for Krystina as I have been trying to email her but to no avail?
Hi,
I don't want to go handing out her number as I am just one of her students and not friends etc . But her email address for lessons is kristyna@ciaodublin.net
Make sure its .net and not .com you are emailing.

I always use this address and have no problems with it. Maybe send her an email tonight or tomorrow and see what happens or just use the form on her site to contact her, link below.
If you still cant get her, post here and i will ask her if its ok to give out her phone number.

http://www.ciaodublin.net/contact.html
04-07-2009, 03:06   #7
glenjamin

3 Month ban.

Last edited by The Corinthian; 04-07-2009 at 16:08.
15-07-2009, 13:17   #8

giusy,

How would intend teaching - via IM or email? Ive been trying to learn italian and have bought Cds and done a beginners class. I can understand little bits and get by on holidays but would love to be able to speak italian properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuttry View Post
I will be really happy to help you!!!
I'm Italian and I can teach you this beautiful language!!!!
Contact me if you like at giuttry@alice.it
We can talk about it
Bye bye
Giusy
26-11-2009, 16:29   #9
aguestie

Hi smcgarr,
I have been trying to contact Kristyna in Ciao Dublin but to no avail. Can you help?
Thanks,
aguestie
Advertisement
02-02-2010, 17:45   #10

Italian language classes

Hi there, an Italian girl I know (who is academically qualified and has tons of experience teaching in Italy and Ireland) is starting a new beginners classes for ten weeks from March 09, if you're interested you should check out http://www.learnitaliandublin.blogspot.com there should be an email address there too. Good luck with your Italian!
28-02-2010, 18:24   #11
Irlandese

anyone have any info on books and course notes for teaching english to Italians, through Italian??
20-03-2010, 11:39   #12

ITALIAN-ENGLISH TANDEM

Hi I'm an Italian girl, I'm living in Dublin and I'm doing an internship here, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a tandem with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.
12-04-2010, 16:55   #13

HI Raffy,

I would be interested in doing a language exchange with you but can spare only 1 to 1 1/2hrs per week. If that's of interest to you, maybe you can reply with your email address or send me a private message with contact details. Thanks
25-06-2010, 17:10   #14

Hi I'm an Italian girl,too. I have been living in Dublin for 3 weeks. I'm here as an Aupair. I really want to meet some friends and to improve my English, so if any Irish boy/girl is looking for Italian people , for an exchange Italian-English, here I am :-) Please let me know if you are interested. Talk to you soon
26-06-2010, 17:26   #15
Irlandese

any info on TEFL or other hopefully free downloadable teaching material for Italians wanting to learn english?

Last edited by Irlandese; 27-06-2010 at 10:15.
Forum Closed