Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof laminate

Options
  • 31-03-2021 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Choosing wood grain effect laminate flooring for new extension kitchen diner. Something about water resistant came up which was then being sold as waterproof but I'm not convinced of the need? I didn't realise you could get a textured finish as well as the smooth and think the textured looks better. Then we'd like to run the same flooring throu downstairs, especially living room and hall but also have 2 downstairs bedrooms that we wouldn't have considered for the same quality as the living area but then its tempting to have them all the same or near enough. One bedroomand living room are both being remodelled and need re flooring.

Basically I want a nice floor for extension to run thro the downstairs but not to spend too much on 2 bedrooms in the mix.

Finally - colour. Oh keeps veering towards a darker floor as kitchen will be v bright and we'll have white/ off white units but I'm wondering about colour schemes ie is it harder with darker floors? I'd like the kitchen island a different colour to the main presses but not sure about how to choose with darker floor.

Decisions, decisions.

Advertisement