Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can textiles be recycled into new clothes

Options
  • 17-03-2015 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Can old clothes be recycled into new clothing like cotton rather than downgraded like plastic is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Carlowplayer you ask lots of questions, that's a good thing and you should never accept today's paradigms, but why not do some research of your own before coming here. You have previously been directed to Bing and now I will direct you to the wonders of Google. Here the process of textile recycling is explained. Im not really interested in recycling clothes. I think reuse or patchwork is more efficient, which explains the presence of cloths-banks.

Keep up the questioning of reality, but please check the plausibility of your questions before spamming here without doing a basic piece of research, or use some site like ask Jeeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

Furez wrote: »
    Carlowplayer you ask lots of questions, that's a good thing and you should never accept today's paradigms, but why not do some research of your own before coming here. You have previously been directed to Bing and now I will direct you to the wonders of Google. Here the process of textile recycling is explained. Im not really interested in recycling clothes. I think reuse or patchwork is more efficient, which explains the presence of cloths-banks.

Keep up the questioning of reality, but please check the plausibility of your questions before spamming here without doing a basic piece of research, or use some site like ask Jeeves.

I'm actually doing a big project for college on environmental science which I have to assess more sustainable and efficient methods of production in the primary,secondary and tertiary sectors and infastructure like waste managent . In regards to waste ma agent I'm looking into pyrolises and checking how each form of waste fares with it and I tried asking a question about the effects of pyrolosis on textiles but havnt got an answer and Google searches on that subject lead to vague results so getting a straight answer would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

I have college projects coming out the wazoo too. Just a few weeks ago when researching T. reesei I came across the US military exploration of using that fungi to recycle linens, but it was in a degrading fashion for fuel.

Advertisement