Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what floor colour with black PVC windows?

Options
  • 01-04-2021 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

We've pretty much decided on black PVc windows and now trying to pick a wooden laminate for the entire downstairs? New kitchen/diner and then the rest of downstairs.
    Getting bogged down with colour schemes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Would you not consider getting white in the inside of the windows. Black will be very harsh and will draw you eye to the windows instead of letting them fade onto the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

misc2013 wrote: »
    We've pretty much decided on black PVc windows and now trying to pick a wooden laminate for the entire downstairs? New kitchen/diner and then the rest of downstairs.

I think you're overthinking it. The windows are low on the list of things I would try and colour match. As someone who was bogged down on colour schemes myself, I wouldnt worry about the windows, think instead about the general feel of the house. Decide whether to go dark/moody or light/bright and go from there :) Personally I dont think the windows impact the feel as much as paint, kitchen colour and furniture.
    anewme wrote: »
    Would you not consider getting white in the inside of the windows. Black will be very harsh and will draw you eye to the windows instead of letting them fade onto the background.

Plenty of modern houses have black on the inside of the windows and it looks fantastic IMO.

I

Plenty of modern houses have black on the inside of the windows and it looks fantastic IMO.

If it's a one off house type yes, but standard semi would not be my choice.

Had brown i(wood) in my house when I moved in. Got tired very quick.also very dull in the north facing rooms. It did impact the colour /feelof the room as your eye was drawn to the frame. Prefer to keep tge colours in the room and keep thedoors/windows etc neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

It's a detached house in small estate of 20.
    Does anyone know how much more expensive it is to get black outside and white inside?

It's a detached house in small estate of 20.
    Does anyone know how much more expensive it is to get black outside and white inside?

Are you buying new or second hand?

When I changed my windows and doors, I got grey outside and white inside
    There was no price difference at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

A light oak, grey - oak, seen a house floored with wooden flooring and matching tiles for kitchen - living room, looked brilliant.

I replaced my windows and doors with black on white - black outdoors / white indoors.

Fitter recommended this, as he said black frames indoors can look very harsh.

Not going to argue anyone's personal preference, but if getting black be aware that it can mark if it gets a hard enough bang, and its more likely to get banged indoors, then out.

(eta) black/white was slightly more expensive then all white, but not by much.

Advertisement