Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

aresnglan wrote: »
    I bought a21e and they charged full price never discounted 100 euro finding difficult for someone in vf to sort out problem

Your only option is to contact Voda Live chat and then wait for the refund. Anywhere between 7 and 28 working days imo.

They say 3 working days but that's a joke tbh.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

carbsy wrote: »
    Yeah but they still accept Three SIMs which the Tesco network runs on. Strange tbh.
    Maybe at their end they can't differentiate between 48 and Tesco Mobile as they have the same MNC and 48 is the major target of this change.

The idea is to exclude networks that offer easily-obtainable free SIMs. Three itself doesn't offer free SIMs. Eir does but I'm presuming they haven't been a major factor in the 'abuse' of Vodafone porting offers as they're harder to get hold of. In any case it seems that 48 themselves have curtailed the issuing of multiple free SIMs.

Quackster wrote: »
    Maybe at their end they can't differentiate between 48 and Tesco Mobile as they have the same MNC and 48 is the major target of this change.

The idea is to exclude networks that offer easily-obtainable free SIMs. Three itself doesn't offer free SIMs. Eir does but I'm presuming they haven't been a major factor in the 'abuse' of Vodafone porting offers as they're harder to get hold of. In any case it seems that 48 themselves have curtailed the issuing of multiple free SIMs.

That actually makes some sense. Expect all Eir SIMs banned for the Christmas offers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

aresnglan wrote: »
    I bought a21e and they charged full price never discounted 100 euro finding difficult for someone in vf to sort out problem

please see post #429

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

tried all shops no stock any were. bought one in the three shop for 90 euro takes two sims and unlocked. now the internet will be flooded with them everybody selling them

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That explains it....Three are buying them off Vodafone and selling them on at 50e profit.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

tried all shops no stock any were. bought one in the three shop for 90 euro takes two sims and unlocked. now the internet will be flooded with them everybody selling them

Did 3 shop require any evidence or just sell you the phone off the shelf no questions?

Dec4 wrote: »
    Did 3 shop require any evidence or just sell you the phone off the shelf no questions?

just bought the phone asked no questions credit card only not accepting cash

:):):)
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    That explains it....Three are buying them off Vodafone and selling them on at 50e profit.

• Advertisement

Thanks, it's definitely unlocked?

Dec4 wrote: »
    Thanks, it's definitely unlocked?

its working now on a tesco sim and a vodafone sim

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

So you wouldn't need to switch or top up with 3 to buy off shelf for 90?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Order confirmation received this morning for the A21s. Wait now to see if it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Pixel 5 ordered Friday delivered this morning!

My wife couldn't get the order to go through and looks like bill pay offer is down to €100 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Badabing1 wrote: »
    So you wouldn't need to switch or top up with 3 to buy off shelf for 90?

Which phone are we talking about here?

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Which phone are we talking about here?
    Sorry, the a21 for 90 in the 3 shop

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Can anyone let me know does the package from Vodafone include a sim card that the number you offered for porting is linked to. Is the sim card already in the phone. Mine came with no sim card included. My number is in limbo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

seosamh wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know does the package from Vodafone include a sim card that the number you offered for porting is linked to. Is the sim card already in the phone. Mine came with no sim card included. My number is in limbo!

I think its included with the phone from what I saw posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

SIM should be contained loose in the plastic bag the use for sending - phone, invoice, SIM & start guide

Several people on here, me included, received the phone & nothing else

I've checked the number I was porting & it's still active in eir network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It should be in the bag with the phone on a plastic card half the size of a bank card. Mine arrived without it too. If you're near a vodafone store though you should be able to get a replacement sim if you haven't got the original one. I'd say bring the order docket with you if you go instore in case they're scratching their head as to why you've no sim (obviously Vodafones own fault). I was using a spare number from 48 which did port to vodafone but I never received the sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Ordered on the 26th, got confirmation e-mail. Still nothing beyond that. Have used twitter to contact VF to see what's going on. Hopefully will get an update.

Their website, for a communications company in particular, is dreadful.

EDIT: Just found out it was cancelled. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

Second order from yesterday canceled. How long I need to wait for refund?

bondja80 wrote: »
    Second order from yesterday canceled. How long I need to wait for refund?

In my experience anywhere from 10 to 15 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ordered few weeks ago.
    Started with a 48 sim (read it wouldn't go through), then a Lycra (again saw that wasn't going to go through), so then tried 2 Eir sims after.
    2 payments of €39.99 taken so assumed both Eir's were used.
    Received 2 phones at home address 10 days later but one of the Eir sims I had used which was to be sent next door but nothing arrived to his.
    This means only 1 Eir sim worked and 1 of either the 48 or Lycra sim worked
    but the other Eir sim didn't. :confused:
    At least they arrived.

Sorry, the a21 for 90 in the 3 shop

Offer over unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anyone buy the Huawei for €60 after swapping? Wondering if it's locked to Vodafone.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/huawei/y6p.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

After paying for the Vodafone Xiaomi I have yet to get a confirmation email 2 days later. I did however today receive an email to register for an account but I was unable to. It returned an error when I attempted to enter the 6 digit code it sent me. Must note also that the 6 digit pin does not arrive immediately. Not a very good service to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

steps_3314 wrote: »
    After paying for the Vodafone Xiaomi I have yet to get a confirmation email 2 days later. I did however today receive an email to register for an account but I was unable to. It returned an error when I attempted to enter the 6 digit code it sent me. Must note also that the 6 digit pin does not arrive immediately. Not a very good service to be honest.

All of these issues have been detailed time and time again on this thread. Their online shop system is rubbish.

I often wonder if Vodafone is hiding behind the excuse of technical difficulties on their site to prevent a huge demand on the highly discounted phones - especially the night before they reduced the discounts from €100 to €50.

I wasn't told about my order being cancelled until CS told me - they simply apologised and said nothing can be done. I had an order number, confirmation email etc but nothing more until I contacted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

I have an order which says awaiting pickup since the 24th Nov now. I would have assumed An Post would have picked it up by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

dan786 wrote: »
    I have an order which says awaiting pickup since the 24th Nov now. I would have assumed An Post would have picked it up by now.
    An Post is overloaded. Heard it from a postie, and this week an ordinary letter posted in Athy on 24th got here (Co. Carlow) on Dec 1st - 8 days - that's extraordinary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I got a letter that was posted EXPRESS POST on the 21st and it took 8 days to get to me from Dublin 12. :eek:.
    Wait for the Christmas rush :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

dowtchaboy wrote: »

An Post is overloaded. Heard it from a postie, and this week an ordinary letter posted in Athy on 24th got here (Co. Carlow) on Dec 1st - 8 days - that's extraordinary.

Definitely overloaded but also working 24-7. Vodafone deliveries used to be 1-2 days & now typically 5-7 in my experience.

Chased AnPost yesteday about a phone I returned by registered business post on 18th but vanished off the radar on 19th. Apparently confirmed as delivered to Vodafone but not scanned to update the tracking due to "volume".

Now chasing VF about the refund.

All of these issues have been detailed time and time again on this thread. Their online shop system is rubbish.

I contacted CS and they confirmed the order was cancelled. What a joke.

Any suggestions for a phone for a 12 year old (first phone). Budget is 120ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a phone for a 12 year old (first phone). Budget is 120ish.

Cheap iPhone

Kids don't like android much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Anyone buy the Huawei for €60 after swapping? Wondering if it's locked to Vodafone.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/huawei/y6p.html?gallery=payg

Same question if anyone has any feedback. Was going to purchase as a gift, the OS is a concern also, can it be rooted or PlayStore sideloaded?

Thanks

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Same question if anyone has any feedback. Was going to purchase as a gift, the OS is a concern also, can it be rooted or PlayStore sideloaded?

Thanks

Rooted? No but Play Store can be added simply enough.

• Advertisement

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Cheap iPhone

Kids don't like android much

Have to totally differ on this one. Kids ( well mine & most of my friends anyway ) love to tinker. You can't tinker on a proprietary OS like iOS. Also you'll get a piece of junk iPhone for €120 but a brilliant Android phone for the same money.

Have to totally differ on this one. Kids ( well mine & most of my friends anyway ) love to tinker. You can't tinker on a proprietary OS like iOS. Also you'll get a piece of junk iPhone for €120 but a brilliant Android phone for the same money.

The android will be better but the schoolkids are nearly all on iphones

Yes have to agree. They'll use whatever is bought for them at the end of the day. I think it's madness buying school kids top of the range latest I phones when they will be on the same internet same apps mostly, Snapchat etc on a great android phone for 100 - 150. ,

Yes have to agree. They'll use whatever is bought for them at the end of the day. I think it's madness buying school kids top of the range latest I phones when they will be on the same internet same apps mostly, Snapchat etc on a great android phone for 100 - 150. ,

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Is it possible to buy pre pay phones on Vodafone.ie without having to login/register? Want to get one for the mother but she doesn't have an online account.

It's not what you want it's what they want

Don't know if u deal with schoolkids much?

I don't know any using android

• Advertisement

Funny how I ordered the same phone with the lower discount of €50 and that order has gone through swimmingly.

Got to love it.

Well you can't always get what you want,😁 no harm in them realising that, plenty of time for them to buy their own expensive phone when they're working. And yes I have teenagers. I know lots have I phones, but to be honest I think there's too many spoilt kids that get too much handed to them and don't appreciate it. Sometimes I think it's the parents wanting to feel they're giving the 'best' to their kuds. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Android, why else would there be so many on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

My 14 yo is happily using Android, she wanted an iPhone but was told NO. She's not the only one in her class using Android.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    My 14 yo is happily using Android, she wanted an iPhone but was told NO. She's not the only one in her class using Android.

Np I agree a new cheap android is better but the kids tend to come back wanting an iPhone shortly after cos all their friends are on it and it's better and more responsive

Amazon has budget iPhones with 12 month Amazon warranty

Me I'd get the android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

In terms of price/performance, you will not get a 'cheap' iPhone that performs anywhere near to the standard an Android phone of the same price will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement