Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracksuit bottoms

Options
  • 21-11-2020 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I’ve a skinny almost 6 year old boy but he cannot get most of his trousers off over his ankles the bands are so tight. Penny’s seem particularly bad. They look great on but Christ....

Anyone got anything reasonable width on the ankle they find they can get off with completely turning them inside out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

All tracksuit bottoms for my skinny 6 year old here are H&M or next. Mostly because they have adjustable waists. If they fit him on the leg they are usually huge on the waist. Dunnes are often a disaster as the drawstring doesn’t actually pull.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah, I would say Next too, Mirrorwall.I also got Boden ones for my little guy on sale over the summer (due to a total lack of anything anywhere in his size) and they are fab - thick, cosy and a great fit.They have been worn so many times, they would be worth the bit of extra cost for them
    H+M girls tracksuit bottoms I find great.Oh actually NameIt is the other one.Have had loads of bottoms from there, waistbands almost always have buttons for adjusting and a drawstring, and the length is good, and the fit too.
    I bought tracksuit bottoms for my eldest girl in Penneys last year - a year bigger than her size and they were still fairly skimpy on her width and lengthwise (and she is on the skinny side mainly), I wasn't impressed at all.They wouldn't stay up on her either which was ridiculous.Won't be bothering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I find the really cheap ones from dunnes grand- they’re around €3.50. Name it also fine for older kids, I presume they’re the same for younger ones. Have some from gap too and the ankles aren’t tight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

jlm29 wrote: »
    I find the really cheap ones from dunnes grand- they’re around €3.50. Name it also fine for older kids, I presume they’re the same for younger ones. Have some from gap too and the ankles aren’t tight at all.

I have about 10 pairs of those cheapy Dunnes ones also. They are grand but they are thin enough and hole easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

fits wrote: »
    I have about 10 pairs of those cheapy Dunnes ones also. They are grand but they are thin enough and hole easily.

They definitely do rip easily enough. I’ve caught a few of them on the buckle of the car seat and torn them. My middle boy refuses to wear anything else, so there’s a gazillion pairs in this house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

hm excellent and wash really well, loads on sale at the moment

Advertisement