11-11-2020, 00:22   #16
Mick Tator

Have you investigated the surnames of the witnesses to the marriage? It’s unusual to have a ‘randomer’ as a witness. Any connection? Usually there is one, frequently family, often the best man & bridesmaid (or in this case possibly just best friends). Have you checked Thoms for the Dublin addresses each gave? Were they boarding or guest houses?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-11-2020, 10:51   #17
KildareFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Tator View Post
Have you investigated the surnames of the witnesses to the marriage? It’s unusual to have a ‘randomer’ as a witness. Any connection? Usually there is one, frequently family, often the best man & bridesmaid (or in this case possibly just best friends). Have you checked Thoms for the Dublin addresses each gave? Were they boarding or guest houses?

Mostly the witnesses have a connection so it's worth trying to follow them up. I have found however that some churches, such as St Andrews Westland Row have the same witnesses for multiple marriages. Usually parish workers.
12-11-2020, 15:14   #18
louis346789

Hi All
Thank you for Tips.
I have the brides birth record . Also those of her siblings.
I also have the marriage record of her father f Thomas to mullholland.

Unfortunately it does not give the name of her paternal grandfather.

This is making it difficult to establish his lineage. I was going on the false assumption that they wrecousins due to the dispensation. I agree this was due to the banns.

Is there a possibility that the application for this dispensation would be recorded anywhere else.
12-11-2020, 23:16   #19
pinkypinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis346789 View Post
Is there a possibility that the application for this dispensation would be recorded anywhere else.
Have never heard of such things but the relevant Diocesan archive would know for sure.
14-11-2020, 11:43   #20
KildareFan

Quote: Is there a possibility that the application for this dispensation would be recorded anywhere else.

Check at the front or back of the register - sometimes the priest made a separate list of all dispensations.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion