Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you travel currently?Need a break..while being careful

Options
  • 22-11-2020 11:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

It sounds mad but im very fed of it all at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭SweetSand

The way it is - no one is going to stop you flying out of Ireland and no one is going to stop you getting back in to Ireland. Then every country have their own rules right now and they change every day. You can fly to Turkey, I dont think they even require a test or Egypt, you ll have to have negative test either before going or to do it after landing. You can go to Madeira and provide negative test there and etc. You have to check every country rules and the closer to travelling time the better. I find this site https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php really good, you can click on the map and see specific country requirements right now.
    You do realise though that anywhere you go right now is not going to be as it used to be - no normality like we knew it before covid, there is no escape :(((

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

SweetSand wrote: »
    The way it is - no one is going to stop you flying out of Ireland and no one is going to stop you getting back in to Ireland. Then every country have their own rules right now and they change every day. You can fly to Turkey, I dont think they even require a test or Egypt, you ll have to have negative test either before going or to do it after landing. You can go to Madeira and provide negative test there and etc. You have to check every country rules and the closer to travelling time the better. I find this site https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php really good, you can click on the map and see specific country requirements right now.
    You do realise though that anywhere you go right now is not going to be as it used to be - no normality like we knew it before covid, there is no escape :(((

I'd be happy if I could go to the Aran Islands right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Canary Islands is pretty much BAU at the moment, I'm in Malaga at the moment, everything is open until 6pm then Curfew at 10.

You need a negative PCR Test to travel since the 23rd of November though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ella108

redcup342 wrote: »
    Canary Islands is pretty much BAU at the moment, I'm in Malaga at the moment, everything is open until 6pm then Curfew at 10.

You need a negative PCR Test to travel since the 23rd of November though.

Hi, did you travel from Ireland? Wanted to know if its's allowed to travel to Canary Islands? What should be kept in mind, is level 3 still restrictive on international travel from Ireland? Any information will be very useful, thanks

Ella108 wrote: »
    Hi, did you travel from Ireland? Wanted to know if its's allowed to travel to Canary Islands? What should be kept in mind, is level 3 still restrictive on international travel from Ireland? Any information will be very useful, thanks

I Travelled from Dusseldorf direct to Malaga.

Far as I know from DFA it's just "recommended" not to go abroad and the restrictions of the country you are travelling to apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 freyahenry

Why? You can said that..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

What about the likes of Mexico/Dominicana etc?

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/

FYI Ireland is off the High Risk list now so you don't need a Covid test to Travel here before December 16th (then it'll be re-assessed)

Might be worth getting out while you can, 20 degrees here yesterday in Malaga :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 freyahenry

What you say that when Travel in Dubai.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Spain is open atm (although they have a 6pm curfew)

Estonia is more or less fully open too and accepting tourists

Dubai is fully open (flights v cheap, heading there in 2 weeks single flight was €179)

This will be my 3rd time travelling abroad since July (tests each time out and back) and it's been definitely different to normal but very enjoyable still, no one has ever stopped us or questioned why we are travelling etc

It's still only a recommendation not to travel abroad as it has been the last 10 months. As long as you're wearing your mask, sanitizing and getting tests in between destinations then I do not see anything wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't think there's any direct flights to Estonia?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

OP is banned so not going to see the replies you bumped the thread with.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Estonia is more or less fully open too and accepting tourists

Dubai is fully open (flights v cheap, heading there in 2 weeks single flight was €179)

Saying these countries are open, as in you can freely fly in and out without restrictions, is incorrect.

You will need a negative test for Spain if you come from a high risk region. Ireland is regarded as such.

Estonia only freely allows EU citizens in from countries where the infection rate is under 150 per 100000 inhabitants. Latest figure for Ireland is 1253.69. You need to be tested twice if you come from Ireland and isolate for 10 days.

For Dubai you also need a negative test.

Almost all countries now need to see a recent negative PCR result when you enter or isolation for at least a week. Ireland now also requires that you show the result of a recent negative PCR test when you arrive.

If you are willing to do that, you can travel at your heart's content.

bigar wrote: »
    Saying these countries are open, as in you can freely fly in and out without restrictions, is incorrect.

You will need a negative test for Spain if you come from a high risk region. Ireland is regarded as such.

Estonia only freely allows EU citizens in from countries where the infection rate is under 150 per 100000 inhabitants. Latest figure for Ireland is 1253.69. You need to be tested twice if you come from Ireland and isolate for 10 days.

Almost all countries now need to see a recent negative PCR result when you enter or isolation for at least a week. Ireland now also requires that you show the result of a recent negative PCR test when you arrive.

I meant 'open' in the context of shops, restaurants, bars..... not travel restrictions. I am well aware you need a test to enter specific countries, I'd be getting a test regardless just to be sure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It depends where in Spain. For example, in the Valencia region since yesterday all bars and restaurants are closed for 2 weeks. The curfew is also different in different regions, and the situation is constantly evolving. La Rioja has now banned all speaking on public transport, and bars and restaurants have been closed as well as non essential retail until 23rd Feb. Also, shopping centres are closed completely at weekend.
    Every area is different it seems!

I meant 'open' in the context of shops, restaurants, bars..... not travel restrictions. I am well aware you need a test to enter specific countries, I'd be getting a test regardless just to be sure.

Must live right at the airport

bigar wrote: »

Travel yes but many countries are totally shut down except for take away food.

Must live right at the airport

Nope, Waterford.

I'll be travelling on Monday , going abroad for a few months. Test beforehand.

Advertisement