Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size is a small bag when taking a Ryanair flight?

Options
  • 21-11-2020 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi I'm 35 and I've never traveled. Crazy I know. I want to go to Barcelona from dublin. The ticket price with just a small bag with Ryanair is only €10. But I was wondering if one small bag is useless for a week's possibly two weeks trip?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Hi I'm 35 and I've never traveled. Crazy I know. I want to go to Barcelona from dublin. The ticket price with just a small bag with Ryanair is only €10. But I was wondering if one small bag is useless for a week's possibly two weeks trip?

Cheers
    The small bag would get you a weekend and youd be pushing it. I pack minimally with lightweight quick drying clothes, very little tech gear, I could do a few days with the small bag. Anything more than that it becomes a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Small enough to fit under the seat in front of you, you'll get away with a small backpack, for the sake of a few euro, 10kg hand luggage in an overhead compartment is the minimum you'll need, I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

It really depends on how many clothes you take with you. At least a pair of socks and underwear for each day. How long are you going to wear your outer clothing? A new shirt each day or a change every three days? If you want a new outfit each day, you will struggle with a small bag.

Try packing a small bag with all the clothes you want to take and see what works.

For a week or more, I would add priority to the ticket so you can bring a proper suitcase and a small bag on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You'll get a few pairs of socks, jocks, tshirts, toiletries and a pair of trousers into a small(free carry-on) bag, carry a spare pair of shoes in a plastic carrier bag.... If you have access to a washing machine while on holiday then you can wash your stuff every other day so it is possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just get priority with the extra overhead luggage case. There's no way you'll fit a week's worth of clothing in a backpack that'll fit under a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just get priority with the extra overhead luggage case. There's no way you'll fit a week's worth of clothing in a backpack that'll fit under a seat.

Exactly. The best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

definately get priority well worth the extra few euro for the comfort of clothes for a week or two... a strange time to do a first time trip , as im sure there will be a lot of restrictions in Barcelona,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Cheers

The fare with no baggage is really for day trips or one night stays I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    The fare with no baggage is really for day trips or one night stays I’d say.

Nahhh you can do a long weekend easy with the one bag... I've done it many a time!

One pair of shoes, one jacket needed in summer, or double up and wear two for this time of year, few pairs of socks, jocks, pair of shorts or jeans, couple of tshirts... wear your pullover at this time of year.. if you need a spare pair of shoes then stick them into a WH Smith plastic carrier bag and no one will say anything to to you....

Did a 3 week trip with one 40l bag, just washed clothes and worked out well..

• Advertisement
Advertisement