Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Noelle only on Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    My pleasure I’m recording it myself :)

Watching it here and its great!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Noelle only on Disney?

Yes it’s a Disney+ exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Yes it’s a Disney+ exclusive.

Were suppose to be watching it tonight and OH feel asleep. Not because it was bad btw, she has been up the walls with work so was wreaked.

We'll have another go tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

Anyone watch Dash & Lily on Netflix.

It’s a romcom series short episodes set at Christmas in New York. It’s actually a decent watch.

Just settling down to start watching this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

535152.jpeg

Just got this as an early present

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

polydactyl wrote: »
    535152.jpeg

Just got this as an early present

Love it!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Gorgeous T shirt Poly I hope you are feeling better x

https://www.netflix.com/title/81337235?s=i&trkid=13747225

The Christmas movies that made us is on Netflix. Looks fun.

• Advertisement

Jamie Oliver: Keep Cooking at Christmas is on channel 4 at 8pm tonight.

The RTE Christmas guide is on sale from tomorrow :)

Oh yaaay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's worth the watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

20 yrs ago we were all glued to the measly 4 or 5 tv channels with specials and movie premiers with a few old reliable movies thrown in, these days is it even worth it buying the Christmas rte guide ? sadly technology has changed everything.

The Christmas Premiere was something that only came in during the mid to late 80s iirc.
    Before that, Christmas TV was pretty grim from a modern point of view. It was invariably a Morecambe and Wise Christmas special and another one or two specials and then usually an old movie.
    '84 on RTE was quite a seismic year because they showed Raiders of the Lost Ark. After that we had My Left Foot, the Field, Babe etc each year
    For me anyway my highlight for Christmas Day as a kid was Top of the Pops. The rest of the day would usually be a few golden oldie films and a musical show etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

His cute little boy comes in and mum says, "tell him (Jamie) what you've done". Little guy says "but you'll still love me?" Turns out he'd broken the piano. Jamie asked him what his favourite roast veg is, he answered "lemon". He's adorable.

A couple of Christmas TV shows tonight.

Neven's Christmas Menu is on RTÉ One tonight at 7.30pm.

Googlebox Ireland have a Christmas special on Virgin Media One tonight at 9pm

Christmas in New York: Inside the plaza, a look at the plaza hotel at Christmas is on Channel 4 at 9pm

When Christmas goes wrong is on Comedy Central tonight at 9pm as well. Warning it's 3 hours long!

Classic Christmas comedy moments is on comedy central’s tonight at 9pm. (90mins)

Classic Christmas comedy moments is on comedy central’s tonight at 9pm. (90mins)

Followed by a Christmas episode of your face or mine and roast battle Comedy Central.

A Royle Family Christmas episode is on GOLD at 10.20pm followed by Harry Enfield and Christmas chums at 11.40pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Christmas in New York: Inside the plaza, a look at the plaza hotel at Christmas is on Channel 4 at 9pm

I've only seen the first part of this so far, but I NEED to get there over Christmas some time. Even better if it's in the royal suite.

The Story of Fairytale of New York is on BBC Four tomorrow night at 10pm. The pogues reflect on recording the song and what the lyrics meant.

Tomorrow (18th) is the 20th anniversary of Kirsty MacColl's death. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

The 2 Johnnie's Christmas special was just on. I didn't expect much but it was actually very funny. Fair play to them. We'll have another of those next year thanks :-)

I thought the Christmas At Home (Replacing Christmas from the Castle) was also good. Not really sure why they didn't do it from Dublin Castle. They seemed to be indoors most of the time anyway. It held up the tradition of that show.

Just watched the Royle Family 'The Queen of Sheba' on UK Gold. I'm feeling all the feels!!

Posy wrote: »
    Just watched the Royle Family 'The Queen of Sheba' on UK Gold. I'm feeling all the feels!!

Oh no. That one hits me in the feels every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Posy wrote: »
    I love when Jim after Nana's funeral says...
    "I tell you what though, Barb, I'd give all the bloody money in the world to have one more bloody row with her." :D

Since I got home I’ve watched

The wall vs celebrities

The great Christmas bake off

And now watching Snackmasters : Quality Street episode

• Registered Users Posts: 28,204 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought the Anuna concert (the choir from Riverdance) was very good. Festive music but not the usual fare.

Still available on TG4 player.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Big Fat Quiz of the Year with Jimmy Carr and co. is always worth a watch, due to repeat on New Year's Day

Advertisement