Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Tap issues

Options
  • 09-11-2020 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, would appreciate a but of help if anyone knows anything about beer taps. I have an old Guinness tap and the Guinness sign (attached to the handle) is facing the wrong way. (When i pull a pint, im pulling the Guinness sign towards me, when it should be facing the customer.)

I cant get the handle off, so that i can turn the sign around. Is there a specific way to remove the handle?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

That handle is for a forward facing tap, ie some bars had their taps mounted behind the bar. If you can post a pic I can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peadargls

jt69er wrote: »
    That handle is for a forward facing tap, ie some bars had their taps mounted behind the bar. If you can post a pic I can confirm.

Oh possibly. I think the tap originated from the UK so that would make sense. Any way of changing it around?

I cannot post any photos since I am a new user.
    Thanks for your help

I dont think there is. I presume it's attached to the spindle with a little cam screw?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Peadargls wrote: »
    I cannot post any photos since I am a new user.
    Host it on imugr.com and put a few spaces into the URL.

Example;
    https://i.imgur.com/0qqDP3R.png
    becomes
    https ://i. imgur .com/0qqDP3R.png

The site should then allow you to include the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peadargls

Yeah it is.

Delete the spaces below and you should be able to view the photo.

https :// drive.google .com/file/d/1CfBu7o_o6xqXZUlz3DSXR0qoQMqzRBp-/view?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nah that won't work. Just put it up on your facebook crap and link it here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Worked for me.

IMG-20201111-194044197.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ahh, me been silly so. Can you not tap it with a hammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Can you unscrew the black handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Ian OB

irish_goat wrote: »

IMG-20201111-194044197.jpg

Take the screw out of the handle, point it in the desired direction and replace the screw. After all this DIY, refresh yourself with a creamy pint ðŸ˜ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

BullBauld wrote: »
    Can you unscrew the black handle?

Yes, it seems to me the back handle should unscrew and the sign would slide out.

Ian OB wrote: »
    Take the screw out of the handle, point it in the desired direction and replace the screw. After all this DIY, refresh yourself with a creamy pint ðŸ˜ðŸ»

That wont work, that would only allow you to push the handle fully forward instead of pulling it fully back. The tap in the picture is old style and those forward facing handles would not be very common, there's not many bars with taps mounted behind the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

Hi all.

A friend bought a counter mounted Guinness tap from a place in the UK. Great set up but we are confused. There are 3 lines coming out the bottom. 2 are the normal beer feed size line abs 1 little skinny on.
    Any ideas why there are 3 lines on it? I was expecting only to be 1.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi all.

A friend bought a counter mounted Guinness tap from a place in the UK. Great set up but we are confused. There are 3 lines coming out the bottom. 2 are the normal beer feed size line abs 1 little skinny on.
    Thanks.

Could the other two lines be for coolant liquid for extra cold?

Hi all.

Thanks.

The Skinny line 5/16 is the beer line, the other two lines 3/8 are water lines so the counter mount can be water chilled if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

jt69er wrote: »
    The Skinny line 5/16 is the beer line, the other two lines 3/8 are water lines so the counter mount can be water chilled if you want.

Thanks pal. Will have to get a reducer connection so to attach it to the keg.

Thanks again

You'll be connecting 5/16 line to the cooler.

Advertisement