Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

...LIKE CHRISTMAS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The BBC schedule webpage is not yet complete https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p037pf38
    So far, A Very Country Christmas looks interesting to me

Loughc wrote: »
    Fred Claus is on RTE One this Saturday 6.30pm.

Perfect type of film to kick start the season with.
    Must be sure to record this. Might be a good Sunday afternoon film. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The fans of the crown might enjoy this on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm.

A Very Royal Christmas: Sandringham Secrets

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

BBC 1 programmes for Christmas and New Year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The fact that BBC is showing last years Gavin and Stacey on Christmas Eve says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Boxing day football Villa v Palace ... ffs.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

A few great movies but not much else I would be interested in.

Not the most enticing Christmas schedule, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

I think the golden age of TV is passing. Netflix, Amazon, Disney are starting to really squeeze them.

But itss the classics I tend to watch each year anyway. Ben Hur, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter. Yes I've seen them all before. Yes most of them are on streaming somewhere. But hey they just taste better at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

BBC 1 programmes for Christmas and New Year

If I was living in the UK and paying the license fee, I would complain to Ofcom !

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1202/1181778-rte-unwraps-christmas-2020-tv-and-radio-crackers/

RTÉ’s Christmas tv schedule is up and as disappointing as you’d imagine.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1202/1181778-rte-unwraps-christmas-2020-tv-and-radio-crackers/
    RTɒs Christmas tv schedule is up and as disappointing as you’d imagine.

Jobs for the boys and girls...

I'll check out some of the food and music programmes but some of the other stuff is totally bizarre.

Is this festive???
    Baz Ashmawy makes the trip to Dingle in the aftermath of the Dingle Dolphin’s disappearance...

As an aside, Donel Skehan appears to be aging faster than a Minister for Health.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    As an aside, Donel Skehan appears to be aging faster than a Minister for Health.
    :D:D

Anyone watch Dash & Lily on Netflix.

It’s a romcom series short episodes set at Christmas in New York. It’s actually a decent watch.

RTÉ’s Christmas tv schedule is up and as disappointing as you’d imagine.

Between this and BBC will definitely he extending the Netflix free trial!!

Like there was ever any doubt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

20 yrs ago we were all glued to the measly 4 or 5 tv channels with specials and movie premiers with a few old reliable movies thrown in, these days is it even worth it buying the Christmas rte guide ? sadly technology has changed everything.

20 yrs ago we were all glued to the measly 4 or 5 tv channels with specials and movie premiers with a few old reliable movies thrown in, these days is it even worth it buying the Christmas rte guide ? sadly technology has changed everything.

If I'm being totally honest, I probably still buy it more as tradition as anything else. My Dad gets the Radio Times Christmas edition (as well as the RTE Guide) because my Granddad always got it.

Plus the crossword as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I absolutely buy the RTE guide christmas special, but not for the TV lisitngs as in reality we watch very little scheduled TV these days. Even if there is something we watch we sky+ it and watch it back so we can fast forward the adverts.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I absolutely buy the RTE guide christmas special, but not for the TV lisitngs as in reality we watch very little scheduled TV these days. Even if there is something we watch we sky+ it and watch it back so we can fast forward the adverts.

My favorite part of doing this is if you don't get to watch something till January or February you get to see Christmas ads :)

Yes, I love doing that too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    My favorite part of doing this is if you don't get to watch something till January or February you get to see Christmas ads :)

Have done that in the middle of summer, and always go back & watch the christmas ones in full, its one of life's little pleasures!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Have done that in the middle of summer, and always go back & watch the christmas ones in full, its one of life's little pleasures!:D

It really is the small things :)

I stumbled on some old TV shows on youtube that were taken from VHS... some aired in December and included their original ads from back in the 80s or 90s... paid more attention to the ads this time round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Pistachio19

Channel 5 is showing cheesy Christmas movies in the afternoons - they type where a couple inevitably fall in love within a few days. Kids are lucky to get a dinner these days

Discovering Christmas Movies is on Sky Arts tonight at 10pm. Where movie critics discuss their favourite Christmas movies.

Britian’s favourite Christmas adverts is also on Comedy Central tonight at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think Christmas TV really lost its lustre when film premieres went. Videos, DVDs and now streaming mean instant releases as soon as possible and nobody holding on to a film for the big Christmas premiere. I miss it.

Britian’s favourite Christmas adverts is also on Comedy Central tonight at 10pm.
    Going to record this, thanks for the heads up! :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Going to record this, thanks for the heads up! :)

My pleasure I’m recording it myself :)

Advertisement