Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

Did you get a scratcher with 1,2,3 cent discount? I've had free stuff and €1 off from time to time, but never 1 cent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

PopTarts wrote: »
    What do you mean by the 1,2,3 cent discount?

Is it the way the spread the one euro over each item in the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

KAGY wrote:
    Is it the way the spread the one euro over each item in the receipt?

OmegaGene wrote:
    That’s in case you return an item

That might explain it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tx_tx wrote: »
    What's this?

They spread the discount over everything on your receipt so that if you return an item, you get refunded the discounted cost.

Tin foil is what I’ll get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Went to Lidl yesterday and bought ham for €2 the girl on the till accidently put through 5 hams instead of one and it was charged to my card before I noticed it she says it will take 3 days before the €8 is refunded to my account lucky I had the money in my account but thought that's a bit much that she couldn't rectify it there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

casio4 wrote: »
    Went to Lidl yesterday and bought ham for €2 the girl on the till accidently put through 5 hams instead of one and it was charged to my card before I noticed it she says it will take 3 days before the €8 is refunded to my account lucky I had the money in my account but thought that's a bit much that she couldn't rectify it there and then

Think this is standard in all retail - similar happened to me in a clothing store and like that had put my pin in and confirmed when i realised i was overcharged and she told me it would take up to 10 working days for refund to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

On one of my 2 phones registered with Lidl, whatever is on the scratch card remains until the next day whatever number of times it is used on the same day!
    ;).
    Anybody else have this "problem" or is just a glitch on mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

messrs wrote: »
    Think this is standard in all retail - similar happened to me in a clothing store and like that had put my pin in and confirmed when i realised i was overcharged and she told me it would take up to 10 working days for refund to come through

I know its standard if you buy an item on card and return it then the refund has to go back on to your card. But if a staff member makes a mistake and scans an item multiple times to over charge you then they should really just be handing you back cash on the spot, even get you to sign the receipt to say it has been refunded. Its kind of bad form to be saying yeah we made a mistake but you'll have to wait 3 days for us to rectify it imo.
    Tin foil is what I’ll get it

Tin foil is the only thing there thats of any use to me, was hoping for the rubbish bags for 99c again as Im running low but no joy this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bought a good few of the items on the app this afternoon. As the guy was scanning them he informed me the app wasn't working...so I got charged full price for everything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

mfceiling wrote: »
    Bought a good few of the items on the app this afternoon. As the guy was scanning them he informed me the app wasn't working...so I got charged full price for everything!!

Same happened me no apology either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

i was so lucky, was in the other day when someone realised they had a choccy almond bar scratcher too, and they gave it me as i was collecting one, :) rolled out the door, happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Same happened me no apology either...

I'd have given them back. Only once wasn't working for me but I was told at the start so I just put those items to the side. I was only getting them because of the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

mfceiling wrote: »

That's not really good enough tbh... That's happened to a few people now.

The only thing I wanted in the offers this week were the frozen raspberries, and now they're no longer listed.

But they've added free American mustard. Any idea how to use it, if not in hot dogs?

New scratch card today: Free Simply apple juice or snacks (3 flavours: bacon, onion or cheese).

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

casio4 wrote: »

I'd guess this is a limitation of the card/bank and not of LIDL. And that they say 3 days but that's probably the upper limit i.e. your bank may process sooner.
    https://www.creditcardinsider.com/blog/happens-credit-card-bill-make-return/

And as to why they don't just refund cash - I'd assume same reasons as in the UK, fraud prevention.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/dec/12/consumernews.consumeraffairs1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,625 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Did anyone else get an app notification today 'free prizes every day?'
    I accidentally deleted it before I read it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

zell12 wrote: »

Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Pomegranates variety this time is absolute delight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Renjit wrote: »
    Pomegranates variety this time is absolute delight

Ya got one today was nice alright

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The only thing I wanted in the offers this week were the frozen raspberries, and now they're no longer listed.

But they've added free American mustard. Any idea how to use it, if not in hot dogs?

That mustard is nice and goes well on hot dogs or ham sandwiches. It is not particulary hot so if you want hot then stick to Colemans. The only problem with it is the nozzle which is very wide meaning it comes out in big blobs which is not great , I went through a bottle of it in no time because of this. Now I just stick to Frenchs American mustard instead as it has a narrow pointy nozzle that lets you control how much comes out thus it lasts a lot longer. But seeing as this is free I'll get a bottle anyway if Im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Christmas ham sambos!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

zell12 wrote: »

Yeah it said u win every time u shop, max of one per day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Used the free mustard and free apple juice, got a €1 off next shop, used that and got another scratch card but for some reason, I can't scratch it and when I go into "see all treats" page, it has disappeared.
    2 of the vouchers I used today are still appearing in my treats page, probably be gone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Used the app on Tues, booped, till operator said "grand", big shop, got home, no discount applied, lost about a fiver value, no digital receipt, no scratch and save.
    Sent email to Customer Services, they knew about issue, only affecting a small number of customers, sorry, will revert to me.
    Used the app again this morning, booped, asked the till operator was it ok, said "yes", medium shop, checked at home, again no discount applied, lost €3 value, again no digital receipt, again no scratch and save.
    Sent additional email to Customer Services, now it's an ongoing issue, really sorry, IT working flat out on it, will revert to me asap.
    Next week I'll just go to Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

BowWow wrote: »
    Used the app on Tues, booped, till operator said "grand", big shop, got home, no discount applied, lost about a fiver value, no digital receipt, no scratch and save.
    Sent email to Customer Services, they knew about issue, only affecting a small number of customers, sorry, will revert to me.
    Used the app again this morning, booped, asked the till operator was it ok, said "yes", medium shop, checked at home, again no discount applied, lost €3 value, again no digital receipt, again no scratch and save.
    Sent additional email to Customer Services, now it's an ongoing issue, really sorry, IT working flat out on it, will revert to me asap.

You really should have checked your receipt the second time before you left the store. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and all that carry on. A quick glance at the receipt and you'd have known if the coupons applied or not.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Used the free mustard and free apple juice, got a €1 off next shop, used that and got another scratch card but for some reason, I can't scratch it and when I go into "see all treats" page, it has disappeared.
    2 of the vouchers I used today are still appearing in my treats page, probably be gone tomorrow.

Ring their customer service team theyll sort it out for you and give you new vouchers

BowWow wrote: »

Thats really crap but are you sure you're logged in and have clicked activate before u scan?? I got caught once where I scanned the app, staff said ya grand but no discounts but it turned out I hadn't activated. I rang customer services in a rage but they were able to show me the time of transaction and time when I activated never actually activated them. They were a bit slow to come back to me but when they did they sorted it out and put vouchers on my app to say sorry. I've had no issues since but maybe see what they say and before u leave the till check the screen at the till where it shows you your subtotal etc to see that your coupons have come off?

• Advertisement

tscul32 wrote: »
    Christmas ham sambos!

I missed this mustard deal, all out in my local store but to be fair they did say while stocks last on the coupon

Advertisement