Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

coneill13 wrote: »
    Just be careful as 120m is the max allowable legal height in this country and I wouldn't recommend posting YouTube videos at that height.

Yea maybe change the name a bit as it might put a bad light on drone users.

And if u do go high keep plenty of battery in reserve for coming down.
    With the drone fighting the wind to keep in position the coming down can be awfully slow.
    ( been there done that changed the trousers after)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

tedpan wrote: »
    Once you click out of beginner mode, go into GPS settings. There you can change height and speed limits ;)

Be very careful if you do, there is a huge difference between 6m/s & 18m/s control wise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

jim salter wrote:
    Be very careful if you do, there is a huge difference between 6m/s & 18m/s control wise.

True, it's fun to fly at 18, although I prefer 15m/s. High speed means more props in the video, I'm sure everyone has their favourite speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Forgot to say, it's definitely advisable to get the cable working as the controller also charges the phone. Let us know how you get on anyway

So I believe the issue is with my phone. I think the micro USB connection is damaged. Will be getting a new phone in the next couple of weeks.
    Brought the drone out for a spin in Skerries today, it handled the breeze admirably!
    Only problem I had was that on shots looking directly down at the beach the colour went blue. Edited most of that out of the final product which can be seen here.
    Off to the Florida Keys tomorrow, decided to bring the drone along and get some shots over there, hopefully it, and I, come back in one piece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So I believe the issue is with my phone. I think the micro USB connection is damaged. Will be getting a new phone in the next couple of weeks.
    Brought the drone out for a spin in Skerries today, it handled the breeze admirably!
    Only problem I had was that on shots looking directly down at the beach the colour went blue. Edited most of that out of the final product which can be seen here.
    Off to the Florida Keys tomorrow, decided to bring the drone along and get some shots over there, hopefully it, and I, come back in one piece!
    You need to register in the US before you can fly over there.

• Advertisement

. Off to the Florida Keys tomorrow, decided to bring the drone along and get some shots over there, hopefully it, and I, come back in one piece!

Awesome! Have a great time, they'll be lots of places for great footage, can't wait to see the results

So I believe the issue is with my phone. I think the micro USB connection is damaged. Will be getting a new phone in the next couple of weeks. Brought the drone out for a spin in Skerries today, it handled the breeze admirably! Only problem I had was that on shots looking directly down at the beach the colour went blue. Edited most of that out of the final product which can be seen

Great footage, thanks for sharing!

pm. wrote:
    Also the below link has the price at $673, seems a lot more than the €396 some of you paid. Am I doing something wrong?

It's at 388 euro again ;)

Wonder if there's anyway we could do a group buy on batteries to get a better price? I imagine there's a lot of folk on the thread who would like to pick up a spare or two?

Wonder if there's anyway we could do a group buy on batteries to get a better price? I imagine there's a lot of folk on the thread who would like to pick up a spare or two?

Good idea, although batteries are the worst things for getting hit by customs. Think more than half of us had to pay the import costs. Do you think bulk buying could avoid this?

Also, how much are the batteries now? I got my 3rd battery on black Friday from gearbest for 59 euro(luckily it slipped through customs too) If I could get another one for around that cost I'd happily do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Good idea, although batteries are the worst things for getting hit by customs. Think more than half of us had to pay the import costs. Do you think bulk buying could avoid this?

Also, how much are the batteries now? I got my 3rd battery on black Friday from gearbest for 59 euro(luckily it slipped through customs too) If I could get another one for around that cost I'd happily do it.

I bought the drone and got it from Poland(I think) warehouse, no issues with customs. It wsa for brother and he only get flying at weekend, really impressed he is so I might buy one myself :P

If doing group battery offer he would be interested as well...

• Advertisement

A little compilation from the past few months :)

Not sure TBH. I know the Xiaomi Aliexpress store used to promise no customs duty when courier delivery was selected, and I think some of the bigger phone retailers used to offer the same terms. I'm wondering if we had enough provisional orders, could we find & approach one of them?

Not sure TBH. I know the Xiaomi Aliexpress store used to promise no customs duty when courier delivery was selected, and I think some of the bigger phone retailers used to offer the same terms. I'm wondering if we had enough provisional orders, could we find & approach one of them?

I'll contact Gearbest, do you want to try one of the other suppliers?

I'll contact Gearbest, do you want to try one of the other suppliers?

I dug out the order for the Xiaomi phone I bought a few years ago with zero customs offer. Their Aliexpress store is gone. Will do some digging to see if I can find any current alternatives.

I dug out the order for the Xiaomi phone I bought a few years ago with zero customs offer. Their Aliexpress store is gone. Will do some digging to see if I can find any current alternatives.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Gearbest seem to have a polish warehouse now with the drone in stock so hopefully they will stock some batteries and spare parts soon.Lindell is a rep on here she might be some help?

11James11 wrote:
    is a rep on here she might be some help?

Cheers, I'll contact her directly. The gearbest site is not straight forward if you don't have a messenger account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Not to be thread spoling or going off topic but I just saw a post from Lindell at Gearbest about the DJI Spark Mini being on flash sale. It's €388 as well but of the two is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K much better? Does the DJI Spark Mini shoot in 4K? I'm a bit of a noob to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote:
    Hi all, Not to be thread spoling or going off topic but I just saw a post from Lindell at Gearbest about the DJI Spark Mini being on flash sale. It's €388 as well but of the two is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K much better? Does the DJI Spark Mini shoot in 4K? I'm a bit of a noob to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Its a totally different unit, although both great quadcopters. Size is a big difference, 4k Vs 1080p. Range is a factor too, especially when the spark doesn't include a controller. The DJI app is better than the mi Drone app, there are regular updates and improvements though. Watch some reviews on YouTube, both give outstanding results :)

This was next in my YouTube recommendations!! Haven't watched it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

After the saga of Novembers missing orders I finally got one from the Polish warehouse within the week - no customs

I finally got around to flying it for the first time and all I can say is wow - its super easy to fly and unbelievable value for money

Most people on here will be windows users (no offence:P), but 2 things to note as a Ubuntu 16 user

1) exFAT support isn't included - run the command below from terminal

sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

2) VLC is ultra choppy and unusable - possibly my laptop (its a core i3 with 4GB RAM)

Gnomeplayer works flawlessly - command below

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer

After the saga of Novembers missing orders I finally got one from the Polish warehouse within the week - no customs

I finally got around to flying it for the first time and all I can say is wow - its super easy to fly and unbelievable value for money

Most people on here will be windows users (no offence:P), but 2 things to note as a Ubuntu 16 user

1) exFAT support isn't included - run the command below from terminal

sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

2) VLC is ultra choppy and unusable - possibly my laptop (its a core i3 with 4GB RAM)

Gnomeplayer works flawlessly - command below

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer

You have pretty much sold me on buying this but how do I go about ensuring it comes from the Polish warehouse when I order it?

Thanks,
    Mark

This was next in my YouTube recommendations!! Haven't watched it yet

Many thanks! Having looked at that I think it's the Xiaomi for me! What sort of plug does the battery charger come with?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    You have pretty much sold me on buying this but how do I go about ensuring it comes from the Polish warehouse when I order it?

Thanks,
    Mark

Its GW-4 option - its slightly more expensive then the China warehouse
    madmoe wrote: »
    Many thanks! Having looked at that I think it's the Xiaomi for me! What sort of plug does the battery charger come with?

Cheers,
    M

Its a china plug but comes with an adapter. I just left it in the box and used a proper fused lead I had at home.The lead is a figure of 8 plug (the type that comes with radios) . Most houses will have a half dozen lying about the place.

is it just mine or does anyone elses remote control take forever to charge?

is it just mine or does anyone elses remote control take forever to charge?

Depends on what you're charging it with. I use a fast charger that came with my phone, takes up to 2 hours, but then lasts for ages

Depends on what you're charging it with. I use a fast charger that came with my phone, takes up to 2 hours, but then lasts for ages

Its a 2AMP charger afaik its in there about an hour and second LED is only flashing

Its a 2AMP charger afaik its in there about an hour and second LED is only flashing

That's weird, same as mine. Unplug it and try a different cable/adapter

That's weird, same as mine. Unplug it and try a different cable/adapter

Ive tried different cables - Im using the one that came with it at moment. Ive a USB amp meter somewhere I'll measure whats flowing throught it when I get a chance

• Advertisement

Ive tried different cables - Im using the one that came with it at moment. Ive a USB amp meter somewhere I'll measure whats flowing throught it when I get a chance

Can't find my amp meter... typical - I have however tried 3 different cables and 2 different USB outlets - been charging since 16:30 I unplug and check and its only 2 LEDs - is the remote control faulty?

Im reading it can take quite some time for it to charge - I'll leave it overnight but I suspect the second cell in the controller isnt working or something

Advertisement